Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is too important not to share...  (Read 3049 times)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:44:30 PM

if it is so decentralized where do we get these debit cards from? is there a new git command that produces ccs?

2. I still love you

3. Launch already

[edit] 6. ffs man, you know you have something better than most, if not all that is out there. whip that shit out on the table and show these mother fuckers what you are packing. it is time. we need it.

So you can buy the cards themselves from anywhere, along with the reader writers.  The software that needs to be installed on the cards will be open source.

Hah, I know I have something better than most, but that alone wasn't good enough for us to take mass market.  Just having fast transactions, or efficiency isn't enough, there needs to be many other things to really attract mass market use.

If I'd of already launched I would be doing the vision and platform potential an injustice, and penetrating the mass market would be 10x harder if not more.

Mass market is huge, $40t per annum, and no one other than us is looking at it seriously...thats a big incentive to do things right the first time!

touche

but

man that is what version's are for. I've got this drawer full of arm boards collecting dust just waiting....

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:55:37 PM

That's actually one of the most exciting altcoin innovations I've seen a quite a while - great job!

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:42:00 PM

The whole supporting existing infrastructure is a great idea as it  could increase adoption.

Jacob
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:03:36 PM

if it is so decentralized where do we get these debit cards from? is there a new git command that produces ccs?

2. I still love you

3. Launch already

[edit] 6. ffs man, you know you have something better than most, if not all that is out there. whip that shit out on the table and show these mother fuckers what you are packing. it is time. we need it.

So you can buy the cards themselves from anywhere, along with the reader writers.  The software that needs to be installed on the cards will be open source.

Hah, I know I have something better than most, but that alone wasn't good enough for us to take mass market.  Just having fast transactions, or efficiency isn't enough, there needs to be many other things to really attract mass market use.

If I'd of already launched I would be doing the vision and platform potential an injustice, and penetrating the mass market would be 10x harder if not more.

Mass market is huge, $40t per annum, and no one other than us is looking at it seriously...thats a big incentive to do things right the first time!

touche

but

man that is what version's are for. I've got this drawer full of arm boards collecting dust just waiting....

Hey billo, well part of the problem was that 150 tx/s was not fast enough using the using the block-tree technology from the 2nd rewrite. Now it is a pure transactional DB technology and fast a greased shit.  But the real hold up was getting all of the pieces of the DEX in place to get the market and economics to work correctly.... AND soon the kraken will be turned loose into the wild.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:56:07 AM

watching this
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:13:13 AM

Simply if your node is online and doing work, you get paid for exactly how much work you do...no waste, no need for ASICs or special hardware, no pools.

Do all nodes generally do the same amount of 'work' over a period of time (say a month), or would some devices and network connections have an advantage? Would a pi and a i7 do the same amount of work on the same net connection? What's the recommended setup to optimize the amount of 'work' done?
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:01:54 AM

There is no mining as such (or hatching anymore).  Rewards are distributed between all nodes that assist the network, which simply means turning it on and leave it running.  Something as low powered as a Raspberry PI can be used and actually earn a steady income.  It's basically "proof of service" full node incentivization which everyone wants, but no one has been able to solve.

That all sounds great! Are you worried about bots and malware? I imagine a botnet of emunie nodes would make some $$$, especially if the requirements for work are so low.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:24:28 PM

That's actually one of the most exciting altcoin innovations I've seen a quite a while - great job!

I would have to agree with you. As all eyes are on eth and smart contracts right now, this is a opportunity to capitalize on.

My eyes are watching this one!
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:49:58 AM

Simply if your node is online and doing work, you get paid for exactly how much work you do...no waste, no need for ASICs or special hardware, no pools.

Do all nodes generally do the same amount of 'work' over a period of time (say a month), or would some devices and network connections have an advantage? Would a pi and a i7 do the same amount of work on the same net connection? What's the recommended setup to optimize the amount of 'work' done?

Not all nodes do the same amount of work. The client nodes are designed for multiprocessing, so the more logical cores/threads you have the more work you will be able to do.  The client also is very read intensive against the database files, the faster the storage media the more work can be done.

I have a 17 inch notebook 4th gen i7 with 8GB memory and 240GB SSD, all of which cost me $800 from ebay.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 11:30:54 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 12:29:14 PM by Fuserleer

2. I still love you

3. Launch already

So you can buy the cards themselves from anywhere, along with the reader writers.  The software that needs to be installed on the cards will be open source.

Hah, I know I have something better than most, but that alone wasn't good enough for us to take mass market.  Just having fast transactions, or efficiency isn't enough, there needs to be many other things to really attract mass market use.

touche

but

Right but you gotta remember than everything in eMunie has been written from scratch with a number of long term goals in mind....you've had a front row seat to that.  Also remember that when I laid these goals down, while I was sure they were possible, I didn't yet have a solution to implement them (R&D).

Now, lets say that 2 years ago, I'd launched with a few of these goals in place....great, PARTY!.  Then I move onto the next goal, get into the R&D and I have to change something significant in the earlier release to support it....shit, party over!

The only options available at that point are:

• Try to hack/bodge the new feature in *ugh*
  • Perform a hard fork of the platform *double ugh*
  • Drop the feature entirely *triple ugh*

It's much more sensible to get solutions to all the goals in one hit and frustrating an impatient few ( wink wink ) than rushing things out the door and risk pissing off everyone should it go wrong.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 11:32:41 AM

I would have to agree with you. As all eyes are on eth and smart contracts right now, this is a opportunity to capitalize on.

Thanks guys!  You ain't seen nothing yet Smiley

Would it also be an added bonus that eMunie can do "smart contracts" too? Smiley

twostepsally

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:37:19 AM

Would it also be an added bonus that eMunie can do "smart contracts" too? Smiley

Absolutely it will. Is that a hint?

Question,  how will the original coins be created?

Thanks
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 11:42:02 AM

There is no mining as such (or hatching anymore).  Rewards are distributed between all nodes that assist the network, which simply means turning it on and leave it running.  Something as low powered as a Raspberry PI can be used and actually earn a steady income.  It's basically "proof of service" full node incentivization which everyone wants, but no one has been able to solve.

That all sounds great! Are you worried about bots and malware? I imagine a botnet of emunie nodes would make some $$$, especially if the requirements for work are so low.

Bots are not an issue as the EVEI consensus protocol handles such things as bot nets, Sybil attacks and similar.  Things get VERY expensive rapidly if you are trying to game the network with these kind of strategies.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 11:45:37 AM

Thanks

Haha not really a hint, they have been functional for over a year already and are used internally extensively for escrow and DEX trades.

Contracts are written in Scrypto, which is a JavaScript/Java hybrid language and can be deployed to the integrated app store.  An added bonus is that included in Scrypto is a graphics library, so that you could write rich 2d/3d games and front ends for apps.

Your last question about how they are created involves a LARGE answer, and as I'm writing up exactly that on the Wiki this weekend, I'll ask you to wait until I have done that and can post a link.

twostepsally

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:49:19 AM

Thanks

Haha not really a hint, they have been functional for over a year already and are used internally extensively for escrow and DEX trades.

Contracts are written in Scrypto, which is a JavaScript/Java hybrid language and can be deployed to the integrated app store.  An added bonus is that included in Scrypto is a graphics library, so that you could write rich 2d/3d games and front ends for apps.

Your last question about how they are created involves a LARGE answer, and as I'm writing up exactly that on the Wiki this weekend, I'll ask you to wait until I have done that and can post a link.

Willing to wait with excitement!  Do you have a slack channel?
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:04:02 PM

Thanks guys!  You ain't seen nothing yet Smiley

Question,  how will the original coins be created?

Thanks

Contracts are written in Scrypto, which is a JavaScript/Java hybrid language and can be deployed to the integrated app store.  An added bonus is that included in Scrypto is a graphics library, so that you could write rich 2d/3d games and front ends for apps.

Willing to wait with excitement!  Do you have a slack channel?

Not at the moment, you can sign up to forum.emunie.com though, drop me a PM on there and I'll get you access to the forum chat where everyone hangs out, plus you'll be able to test drive the next beta test.

Warren.Buffet

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:16:34 PM

Bots are not an issue as the EVEI consensus protocol handles such things as bot nets, Sybil attacks and similar.  Things get VERY expensive rapidly if you are trying to game the network with these kind of strategies.

Ok, do you mean expensive in terms of tx fees, or costs of running nodes?
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 09:53:28 PM

There is no mining as such (or hatching anymore).  Rewards are distributed between all nodes that assist the network, which simply means turning it on and leave it running.  Something as low powered as a Raspberry PI can be used and actually earn a steady income.  It's basically "proof of service" full node incentivization which everyone wants, but no one has been able to solve.

Depending on the attack the costs are working capital, fees, node expenses and combinations there of.

The document that explains EVEI is almost done, I'll be dropping the first draft shortly that contains all the major information then add the more minor things over the next couple of weeks.

Its quite a radical step in a different direction though, so make sure you clear your mind, are awake, and have a strong coffee (I'd also recommend reading it a couple of times)

WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:14:13 AM

This sounds exciting. Checking out your video next!

DELETED
Warren.Buffet

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:19:28 PM

Depending on the attack the costs are working capital, fees, node expenses and combinations there of.

The document that explains EVEI is almost done, I'll be dropping the first draft shortly that contains all the major information then add the more minor things over the next couple of weeks.

Its quite a radical step in a different direction though, so make sure you clear your mind, are awake, and have a strong coffee (I'd also recommend reading it a couple of times)

Looking forward to reading that doc ... crypto needs a some radical changes in thinking
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: