Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good-n-bad news  (Read 909 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:42:56 AM

Hey guys.

Looks like BTC has serious issues related to the blockchain bloating. Bad news for BTC hoarders but good ones for the others. Time to move on to a next cryptocoin and LTC looks like a very good choice. Of coz, in a year or two we'll face the same issues, so be ready to move on again. While a lot of tech-savvy dudes thinking to increase the block limit or not to increase the rest of us could just hop from one currency to another.

Exchanges will help us to transfer our wealth from one blockchain to another and this is good news for traders.

Good luck.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:44:09 AM

Hey guys.

Looks like BTC has serious issues related to the blockchain bloating. Bad news for BTC hoarders but good ones for the others. Time to move on to a next cryptocoin and LTC looks like a very good choice. Of coz, in a year or two we'll face the same issues, so be ready to move on again. While a lot of tech-savvy dudes thinking to increase the block limit or not to increase the rest of us could just hop from one currency to another.

Exchanges will help us to transfer our wealth from one blockchain to another and this is good news for traders.

Good luck.
dream on

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:56:53 AM

In other news, litecoin is undergoing emergency treatment for blockchain anorexia.

"I'm so fat", litecoin commented mournfully. "I can never be loved if I look like THIS".

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:13:05 AM

I missed you. How is your proof-of-network coin going ?

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:23:23 AM

I missed you. How is your proof-of-network coin going ?

Very good. I found a solution of the Sybil attack, rewrote network engine from TCP to UDP to reduce DDoS attack impact and changed RSA for Elliptic Curve crypto to reduce network bandwidth requirements.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:23:33 AM

Actually I think it's easy to handle the block size problem, the hard disk is actually very cheap. You can buy 1TB with 70$, how long it will be used up?

The bitcoin downside is actually the limitation of transactions in each block, making the transaction will slower when it gets more popular. But bitcoins are already not suitable for small transactions, so let these big players play it. As long as there're so many big players, it can still keep balanced & decentralized. As long as these big players do not unite & monopoly, it's still decentralized.

So don't take decentralization too serious, it's just a form of balance.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:25:44 AM

Actually I think it's easy to handle the block size problem, the hard disk is actually very cheap. You can buy 1TB with 70$, how long it will be used up?
2 months at 100MB/block.

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:33:26 AM

I made that decision when the price started to spike while the masses were running in to BTC I sold off and started to look for other places to put my money. I dont know shit about mining, or what a bloated hash rate is, but I know a asset bubble when i see one. Yes I missed out on some market movement I sold off a 22, but I am not in it for for that. I want to take the money power and give it back to the people. I have no loyalty what so ever to any coins, couldn't careless. They are all fine by me if they are decentralized, voluntary, attainable, and no coding flaws. Which I have to take the communities word on the last one. 
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:41:01 AM

I have no loyalty what so ever to any coins, couldn't careless.
blockchain told me the feeling is mutual

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 08:42:08 PM

Time to move on to a next cryptocoin and LTC looks like a very good choice.

Not really, since it changes a lot of the things that are good about BTC.  For example, it makes it a lot harder to increase the hashing power of the network, reducing security.

A better choice would be a coin that is closer to the excellent Bitcoin design, like Terracoin.

As far as "moving on," I'm not reducing my Bitcoin holdings, but I'm definitely accumulating some additional *coin as well.

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:43:18 PM

LTC looks like a very good choice.

I have good news and bad news as well. First, the bad news:

I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Now, the good news:

I'm adding you to my ignore list.
sublime5447