Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Crowdfunding: The Re-Opening of BitcoinStarter.com  (Read 2094 times)
bitcoinstarter (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:17:40 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 11:39:18 PM by bitcoinstarter

Hello all,

We are re-opening BitcoinStarter.com to projects along with an official launch date to open the site to the public very soon.  The goal on this thread is to see which projects want to be on boarded before we do a huge public/advertising push. DO NOT CREATE A PROJECT on the site yet - lets first discuss what you have going on and we can help you get set-up when the day comes.

We are excited about getting the website back up and running and look even more so to getting your projects funded!  Any questions just drop them below in this thread and I'll get to them.

Thanks!  Grin

Note: Right now there is a mix of test projects and real projects on there ,but it will all be cleaned up soon.

Who were we ?
You can check out some of our previous press: https://bitcoinstarter.com/about-us/

Dev is a (Hero Member).

One key feature is you'll be able to ShapeShift to pledge in any of the alt-coins shapeshift allows. So you can now fund in Ether, Dash ,etc., ...

We plan on also running a raffle soon to give away a 21.co giveaway to the first successful project , or one lucky pledger.  More to come!
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:39:22 PM

Is this like kickstarter but with cryptocurrency ?

PinkLlama

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:45:55 PM

Currently the top project: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/hitting-the-sweet-spot-in-urban-transport-frankentrikes/

Pretty good site. It also has quite the publicity if the above project has already grasped BTC0.1.

Developing great Bitcoin tools for the community
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:07:34 AM

more likely, because it is an alternative.

for me, am i allowed to create a project of a real life bitcoin event using this site? because the matter of creating a bitcoin event is having a major amount of fund.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:04:59 PM

more likely, because it is an alternative.

for me, am i allowed to create a project of a real life bitcoin event using this site? because the matter of creating a bitcoin event is having a major amount of fund.

This is an alternative to kickstarter using crypto currencies . Like I said you can use everything from CLAM to Ether to Litecoin to Bitcoin whatever is in the Shapeshift.io arsenal of coins.

Lottery248 - You can use the site for anything you so choose like even a real life bitcoin event yes. In fact, that is a great use-case.
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:07:06 PM

Currently the top project: https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/hitting-the-sweet-spot-in-urban-transport-frankentrikes/

Pretty good site. It also has quite the publicity if the above project has already grasped BTC0.1.

Yes, we just had a light announcement in a few places here and there. The Frankestrikes is an interesting project no doubt it will be cool to see how it shapes up.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:46:08 PM

Any questions just drop them below in this thread and I'll get to them.

There's only one question. I've been at your website before, and I thought it was a great idea, so I wonder why you closed it? I wasn't aware of that actually, so I wish you more luck this time. The people who start projects must fully reveal themselves, but I like the idea of anonymous investments. But you need to create some kind of control mechanisms to prevent the people making projects from running away.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
2c0de

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

There is a security check that prevents everybody to create a project Cheesy

Otherwise, good concept

DHjxvnHB9RirtPbvkovSotn1fY2poNffoi
LWeT4wwDVdJ9x49UcXPyS6CznRpbQFM6nx
0x96273C2FD825f0A2745d917bbbfabD6032dC1aDD
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:00:51 AM

Any questions just drop them below in this thread and I'll get to them.

There's only one question. I've been at your website before, and I thought it was a great idea, so I wonder why you closed it? I wasn't aware of that actually, so I wish you more luck this time. The people who start projects must fully reveal themselves, but I like the idea of anonymous investments. But you need to create some kind of control mechanisms to prevent the people making projects from running away.

Thanks! There wasn't any major problems just was re-doing how I wanted the site to work etc.,etc.  We'll start really picking things up shortly with some pretty cool projects.  It can be a mixed of anon. and revealing ( the owner can reveal themselves right on the project itself ). But, yes I agree a better vetting system should work also. Good feedback!
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:01:15 AM

There is a security check that prevents everybody to create a project Cheesy

Otherwise, good concept

Thanks 2c0de!  Yes, we'll be adding other mechanisms as we go.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 08:24:54 PM

Good to see this site up and running, we need a site like this (and hopefully as popular as Kickstarter or Indiegogo)!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:33:27 AM

Good to see this site up and running, we need a site like this (and hopefully as popular as Kickstarter or Indiegogo)!

Thank you Batesresearch!  Like to get it as popular as  KickStarter and IndieGoGo for sure. One thing I like about the new platform is you can use different crypto's to fund the projects not just BTC.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:19:37 AM

Always welcome these kind of projects. However, unless you re ready to spend massive amount of money on advertising, this is not going to work. There re too many similar websites and projects and in order to have visitors, you need to advertise. A lot.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 11:30:41 AM

Always welcome these kind of projects. However, unless you re ready to spend massive amount of money on advertising, this is not going to work. There re too many similar websites and projects and in order to have visitors, you need to advertise. A lot.

Definitely - To get active users with ideas coming to the site there also needs to be incentives or such to choose you. You have a good twitter with a good amount of followers what is your plan on advertising.

Do you think you have benefits over Kicktarter/Indiegogo (Besides accepting a range of cryptocurrencies)?

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:05:09 PM

I didn't know you guys shut down. Cheesy
Anyway, it's nice that tere is already a crowdfunding service that accepts bitcoin and alts but unfortunately this one has no personal campaigns like for an education or something. I don't know if there are any other cryptocurrency accepting crowdfunding service that has this feature.
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:10:49 PM

Definitely - To get active users with ideas coming to the site there also needs to be incentives or such to choose you. You have a good twitter with a good amount of followers what is your plan on advertising.

Do you think you have benefits over Kicktarter/Indiegogo (Besides accepting a range of cryptocurrencies)?

Right, of course a good amount of traffic is key. More so targeted traffic so I mentioned above most the crypto's that we accept as payment for pledges in their communities people are building projects inside them so this would be a great way to reach out to them. Expect a big push there.  Secondly, traditional methods will have to be used of course and a media push to get people back into the platform. Finally, high quality projects should be able to generate a decent amount of attention of done right.  At the moment their might not be to much of a bigger benefit to using us over kickStarter/Indiegogo as its more a philosophy at this point. Meaning you support crypto over fiat , or just want to support an all crypto type format. There will be additions made that we can compete directly with those platforms ,but of course we are always limited by the amount of people who are into crypto to begin with. Great question though.
bitcoinstarter (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:11:37 PM

I didn't know you guys shut down. Cheesy
Anyway, it's nice that tere is already a crowdfunding service that accepts bitcoin and alts but unfortunately this one has no personal campaigns like for an education or something. I don't know if there are any other cryptocurrency accepting crowdfunding service that has this feature.

Yes, we did briefly Wink

When you say education what do you mean ?

Thanks for the feedback.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 02:29:21 PM

Raising funds for an education is a great idea, there's nothing to prevent anyone from creating a campaign on our site to raise funds to go to college, etc. I'll add a category for education later today, that's not a problem.  However, maybe there's something else we can do for the education crowdfunding people?

Breadpudding

Activity: 76
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:59:00 PM

Best of luck on your relaunch!  Smiley

I do really like the ability to use crypto to do crowdfunding.

I did a quick google search - I hadn't realized that there were so many crowdfunding sites these days. There are a lot out there but I'm sure you'll be able to find the right niches to focus on.

I found an article that posted some good sites that did education crowdfunding: http://crowdfunding.about.com/od/Placeholderrr/tp/Fund-Your-Education-Using-These-Crowdfunding-Sites.htm

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:04:35 PM

Why KYLEMAX is framed all over your intro page ? lol

Coming to my question : So basically all the bitcoin lies in your offline wallet until the project is completed ,that's what your FAQ says.

Fixed Funding or “All or Nothing” (May 2016) – Bitcoins will be held offline in a cold wallet securely encrypted to the FIPS 140-2 standard.  When your project is successful, all the funds will be delivered to you within 24 hours. No coins are held in any wallet on any server, at all.

Why would I raise a funding if I had funds to complete my project ? I mean what if I want to hire a developer and I need to pay him from the crowd funded money ? Is there a way out ? Basically what I feel,since people have crowdfunded me ,the bitcoins should directly go to the address that I had provided.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: