Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:51:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to recovery my bitcoins from electrum? [solved]  (Read 936 times)
f4t4l (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:43:33 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 04:57:07 PM by f4t4l

hi every body.
recently i used gear.mycelium.com for bitcoin payments.
i put my Xpub from electrum account to my widget( mycelium.com)
i can see my bitcoin address that generated via Xpub received some bitcoin(in blockchain.info). but in electrum wallet i can not see this bitcoin address& and new balance!
i think i need my private key for this address.
let me know if you can help me.
thanks

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:16:23 PM

hi every body.
i can see my bitcoin address that generated via Xpub received some bitcoin(in blockchain.info). but in electrum wallet i can not see this bitcoin address& and new balance!
thanks

Right click on the electrum address from the address tab, and click Private Key from the menu. You enter the password and it shows your private key.

However be cautious when working with private keys. Anyone that obtains that can spend the money.

f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:26:45 PM

hi every body.
thanks

Right click on the electrum address from the address tab, and click Private Key from the menu. You enter the password and it shows your private key.

However be cautious when working with private keys. Anyone that obtains that can spend the money.
i know. but i can not see generated address in my wallet! i just view my transaction in blockchain.info.
 if i can find my private key for my bitcoin address it will be good for me!

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:58:04 PM

hi every body.
thanks

If you ask in the electrum section you will no doubt have more suggestions and success, you should be able to move this there:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0
RealBitcoin

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:00:21 PM

i know. but i can not see generated address in my wallet! i just view my transaction in blockchain.info.

Sorry i dont understand what you are saying.

Do you need the blockchain.info private key or the electrum address private key. Please explain more detailed your problem.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:05:52 PM

try using the python console and enter getprivatekeys('address').
if that doesn't work you might want to check the unspent outputs of your wallet using listunspent().
f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:11:19 PM

Do you need the blokchain.info private key or the electrum address private key. Please explain more detailed your problem.
sorry for my grammer!
i dont have blockchain account. i am using electrum wallet.recently i used my from  Public master keys at this site: www.gear.mycelium.com
and i created widget. this widget generate bitcoin addresses and send them to my electrum wallet.today i received some bitcoins from generated addresses.but i can not see my generated address in my electrum wallet!

f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:14:20 PM

if that doesn't work you might want to check the unspent outputs of your wallet using listunspent().
do you can explain more?need i linux for this ? i try with electrum console. but dosent work

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:19:34 PM

do you can explain more?need i linux for this ? i try with electrum console. but dosent work

you don't need linux for that. make sure you replace address with your own address (e.g. >>  getprivatekeys('17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9') .

if the result have something like "Exception: ('Address not found', 'address')" then that means the address doesn't belong to your wallet.
f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:24:15 PM

you don't need linux for that. make sure you replace address with your own address (e.g. >>  getprivatekeys('17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9') .

if the result have something like "Exception: ('Address not found', 'address')" then that means the address doesn't belong to your wallet.
i got this error:
File "C:\Users\f4t4l\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI61562\lib\wallet.py", line 429, in get_address_index
    raise Exception("Address not found", address)

RealBitcoin

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:25:21 PM

Do you need the blokchain.info private key or the electrum address private key. Please explain more detailed your problem.
sorry for my grammer!
i dont have blockchain account. i am using electrum wallet.recently i used my from  Public master keys at this site: www.gear.mycelium.com
and i created widget. this widget generate bitcoin addresses and send them to my electrum wallet.today i received some bitcoins from generated addresses.but i can not see my generated address in my electrum wallet!

So you used the public key from your electrum bitcoin address to generate a mycelium widget.

Then you got some bitcoin to that wallet.

Then you cannot see the bitcoins in the electrum wallet.

Is that what happened?

Why did you used the xpublic key and not the bitcoin address?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:35:46 PM

i got this error:
File "C:\Users\f4t4l\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI61562\lib\wallet.py", line 429, in get_address_index

that means electrum doesn't have the address.
can you post the Xpub here? or just check the Xpub (not the address) in blockchain.info and see if the address that you're referring to is listed there.
f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:41:27 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 08:32:26 AM by f4t4l

So you used the public key from your electrum bitcoin address to generate a mycelium widget.

Then you got some bitcoin to that wallet.

Then you cannot see the bitcoins in the electrum wallet.

Is that what happened?

yes correct.

i got this error:

that means electrum doesn't have the address.
can you post the Xpub here? or just check the Xpub (not the address) in blockchain.info and see if the address that you're referring to is listed there.
no i can not see this address[ 1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ6xNVxf4ES] in https://blockchain.info/xpub/myxpub
address:
https://blockchain.info/address/1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ6xNVxf4ES

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:46:17 PM

no i can not see this address[ 1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ16xNVxf4ES] in https://blockchain.info/xpub/myxpub
address:
https://blockchain.info/address/1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ16xNVxf4ES

I have not tried www.gear.mycelium.com yet but I think the address they generated is not from your Xpub/Xpriv. contact their support and ask them about it and how you can get those coins.
f4t4l (OP)

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:51:10 PM

no i can not see this address[ 1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ16xNVxf4ES] in https://blockchain.info/xpub/myxpub
address:
https://blockchain.info/address/1K1FbJ6fRNonhwQKGCLwTFCZ16xNVxf4ES

I have not tried www.gear.mycelium.com yet but I think the address they generated is not from your Xpub/Xpriv. contact their support and ask them about it and how you can get those coins.
this address generated from my Xpub.anyway thanks for your answer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: