Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICOcountdown.com Tokenizes Himself (Crowdfund)  (Read 8110 times)
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:53:26 AM

Ouch, things are getting ugly. Honestly, you don't need an ICO for that. How about offering it as a premium service instead?

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:11:49 AM

Interesting.  ICOcountdown has saved many, including myself, from investing from total scam ICOs - who knows how much money.  I like your work and wish you luck.

I love Bitcoin
rajeshgarnaik

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:34:30 AM

i dont think it is a scam. good luck dev.

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:15:54 AM

Good luck Alex
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 06:47:10 AM

Thank you for the support everyone Smiley

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:20:44 AM

Wow, this is sad.

Alex, did you ask those guys for 4.5 btc?  Undecided
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:33:41 AM

Wow, this is sad.

Alex, did you ask those guys for 4.5 btc?  Undecided

If you want to believe them go for it  Cheesy

We will see who is correct in the end anyway.

Jazzycrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:32:17 AM

after reading all posts of haters i must say, that Alex, maybe you need to work out on ICO rating system in percentage (ICOcountdown Rating System - IRS  Smiley). This IRS may include a lot of analytic factors for annaunced ICO projects, like - 1)have the dev represent their photo, name or not, 2)is there real profiles links, 3)contact phones,addr etc.4)is there Escrow or not, 5) Is this a team, or one dev .. and much more items, that affect on a result in rating percents. And if final IRS will be lower 30% (or another value) - then the project will be delisted
ICOcountdown.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 08:41:53 AM

after reading all posts of haters i must say, that Alex, maybe you need to work out on ICO rating system in percentage (ICOcountdown Rating System - IRS  Smiley). This IRS may include a lot of analytic factors for annaunced ICO projects, like - 1)have the dev represent their photo, name or not, 2)is there real profiles links, 3)contact phones,addr etc.4)is there Escrow or not, 5) Is this a team, or one dev .. and much more items, that affect on a result in rating percents. And if final IRS will be lower 30% (or another value) - then the project will be delisted

Thanks for your input.

The only problem with the photos and profiles is that they can bought and faked.

Same with names, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1464725.0

You can see in this thread this is exactly what happened, one of the main issues is Escrow. All that tertiary information can be faked. Github and code verification along with Escrow is really whats needed. There are many other ways to verify people but I can't release that information because they will get wise to it. I do like the percentage values though.

Unfortunately this kind of thing has happened before and the EDON developer got past it because he faked all of that stuff.

evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 08:41:59 AM

WARNING: SCAM
Jazzycrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:37:45 AM

why font size is so small? NEEDS  LARGER!

[/size]
after reading all posts of haters i must say, that Alex, maybe you need to work out on ICO rating system in percentage (ICOcountdown Rating System - IRS  Smiley). This IRS may include a lot of analytic factors for annaunced ICO projects, like - 1)have the dev represent their photo, name or not, 2)is there real profiles links, 3)contact phones,addr etc.4)is there Escrow or not, 5) Is this a team, or one dev .. and much more items, that affect on a result in rating percents. And if final IRS will be lower 30% (or another value) - then the project will be delisted

Thanks for your input.

The only problem with the photos and profiles is that they can bought and faked.

You can see in this thread this is exactly what happened, one of the main issues is Escrow. All that tertiary information can be faked. Github and code verification along with Escrow is really whats needed. There are many other ways to verify people but I can't release that information because they will get wise to it. I do like the percentage values though.

Unfortunately this kind of thing has happened before and the EDON developer got past it because he faked all of that stuff.

i agree, demo Github code is a real mark of honest ICO campaign. It's really sad, that many developers are unable to demonstrate at ICO's beginning objectivity of theirs promises
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 01:57:43 PM

I will publicly acknowledge that even though Bitland is not listed on ICO Countdown, it is not because he asked us for money. 

We have had our differences on things, but I am not sure I would say that ICO Countdown is scamming.  He did his due diligence with Bitland, and for whatever reason didn't decide that we should be on ICO countdown. 

No big deal.

However, in no part of the process did he ever ask for money, so I have to assert that as someone who was not included on his site, it wasn't because he asked us for money.  I am not sure if he has changed his practices, but anyone who wants to talk about this can Skype me at Larry.Christopher.Bates, and I can tell you that in my honest experience, when asking about Bitland Alex was simply trying to do his due diligence.  I am not sure what his credentials are, or what he has done in the past, but he did NOT try to extort Bitland at any point.

Cheers!

Chris

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:03:06 PM

I will publicly acknowledge that even though Bitland is not listed on ICO Countdown, it is not because he asked us for money. 

We have had our differences on things, but I am not sure I would say that ICO Countdown is scamming.  He did his due diligence with Bitland, and for whatever reason didn't decide that we should be on ICO countdown. 

No big deal.

However, in no part of the process did he ever ask for money, so I have to assert that as someone who was not included on his site, it wasn't because he asked us for money.  I am not sure if he has changed his practices, but anyone who wants to talk about this can Skype me at Larry.Christopher.Bates, and I can tell you that in my honest experience, when asking about Bitland Alex was simply trying to do his due diligence.  I am not sure what his credentials are, or what he has done in the past, but he did NOT try to extort Bitland at any point.

Cheers!

Chris

Great.
So he didn't ask you for money, right?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 02:05:44 PM

Great.
So he didn't ask you for money, right?

Nope, not once.  Like I said, not sure if he has changed his approach, but while his questions were plentiful, I think he simply didn't like our approach or something. 

The entire thing had nothing to do with him asking for money.

Chris

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:19:43 PM

We have had our differences on things, but I am not sure I would say that ICO Countdown is scamming.  He did his due diligence with Bitland, and for whatever reason didn't decide that we should be on ICO countdown.  

No big deal.

However, in no part of the process did he ever ask for money, so I have to assert that as someone who was not included on his site, it wasn't because he asked us for money.  I am not sure if he has changed his practices, but anyone who wants to talk about this can Skype me at Larry.Christopher.Bates, and I can tell you that in my honest experience, when asking about Bitland Alex was simply trying to do his due diligence.  I am not sure what his credentials are, or what he has done in the past, but he did NOT try to extort Bitland at any point.

Cheers!

Chris

OK thanks for sharing this.  I also spoke to Sasha from WAVES who confirmed that at no point did Alex ask him for BTC/tokens or money either.  These points along with Scifi.rem's clarification I think illustrate that Alex was not extorting anyone to be on his site. 

People may not agree with his reasons for delisting coins but it is his site and his choice.  Hopefully this closes the matter.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:04:14 PM

after reading all posts of haters i must say, that Alex, maybe you need to work out on ICO rating system in percentage (ICOcountdown Rating System - IRS  Smiley). This IRS may include a lot of analytic factors for annaunced ICO projects, like - 1)have the dev represent their photo, name or not, 2)is there real profiles links, 3)contact phones,addr etc.4)is there Escrow or not, 5) Is this a team, or one dev .. and much more items, that affect on a result in rating percents. And if final IRS will be lower 30% (or another value) - then the project will be delisted

Thanks for your input.

Jazzycrypt - I like these ideas of information to regulate ICOs.

Alex - I think there is software in existence that matches a selfie with your government issued ID.  I am not sure where I saw it but I think Bittrex uses it if you want to increase your withdrawl limits.  There has to be other ways as well to verify the identity of someone.  Also there could be regulations that disallow people to announce their ICO before properly confirming identity with regulators. 

I love Bitcoin
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 03:06:44 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 03:24:54 PM by tabali tigi

So, after posting in this thread, I was contacted by a developer with whom I video chatted.  He told me that he was asked for $400/week for Alex, and based on our hour long conversation, I have no reason to believe he is making this up.  Just because Alex didn't extort me, doesn't mean he didn't do it to someone else.  So again, I was just conveying my experience earlier, I cannot speak to his later actions.

Chris

Edit:

After posting this comment, the developer contacted me and showed me the proof that Alex asked him directly for $400.  I am not sure how many were asked, but I have seen proof.

Transpotime21Bus

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Roberto TM

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:15:30 PM

Interesting.  ICOcountdown has saved many, including myself, from investing from total scam ICOs - who knows how much money.  I like your work and wish you luck.

I just saw this post by chance! I can confirm ICOcountdown has saved many people from scams! We all have to be greatful  that there are people out there who cares about other people like ICOcountdown. I am glad you are doing this as we need more people like you! Thanks
Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 03:19:14 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:34:43 PM by Drachmae

I do confirm speaking to Alex but that is a mixed message, but everybody needs to cover there costs so it is understandable

BitLoans

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:16:57 AM

I just saw this post by chance! I can confirm ICOcountdown has saved many people from scams! We all have to be greatful  that there are people out there who cares about other people like ICOcountdown. I am glad you are doing this as we need more people like you! Thanks

STFU dumbass, he listed total scams for the longest time until his 'due diligence' finally figured out it was a scam, while he lead many others to lose thier bitcoins. Look at how he lists Agoras and Elastic project which are obvious scams, proably because they paid him for a listing. Stay away from icocountdown.com this fucker is a scammer!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: