Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Moderator Americanpegasus Investigation  (Read 569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:24:05 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:35:59 AM by americanpegasus

This is the start of a thread where I will collate various research to enable us to document / investigate on the prolific trolling, attacking, and apparent insider dealing activities of the Monero/Aeon community known as Americanpegasus (real identity unknown).  

-----------------------------------------  

About this investigation thread

The reason for me to care to start this today was AP's current spamming of the Altcoin Discussion board (with hundreds posts of the same repeated Monero shilling in the past 12 months), essentially destroying the existing conversation there about the usual Dash topics / Ethereum to da moon / etc.

I have observed Americanpegasus over many months and it is my opinion that he is in total conflict of interest as well as probably the most unprofessional and unethical person I have seen on BCT with going around promoting the coins he holds without disclosing all of his tremendous past financial losses, also manipulating different cryptonote projects to position himself to profit such as his recent insertion into Project 'AEON', amongst other sketchy activities, and i am creating this thread as a starting point to see what information can be put together to investigate this person.

-----------------------------------------  

And here is from when AP was accused today of possibly being core dev smooth:

https://steemit.com/@americanpegasus/transfers

Is americanpegasus == smooth? Both are prominent Monero Community Managers.

Is smooth a developer? He has a total of 17 minor commits on the Monero project.
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits?author=iamsmooth

What's wrong here?

Full disclosure: I am (mainly) Americanpegasus, I also used to have the account Shade7x which I burned because it was taking up too much of my time arguing with an ungrateful GameFAQs over 1000 posts on various LUE threads over 5 years in the early 2000s so I am not bothered to argue with myself about the validity of any particular tech - because it's pointless, the market doesn't care, and investors on the whole decide on value, not guys arguing on a forum.  

Note to Monero community: I am not here to shill/hype Monero in any way, and sometimes I honestly puzzle as to why you would have invited me in the first place; however calling AP involved with Monero is a wild claim anyway because if you check his Github - he didn't do anything for Monero compared to the other devs: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits?author=americanpegasus.  And his AEON play is frankly a disgrace to anyone in Monero if he's doing what I think he's doing, and if I am right then it helps Monero to make sure he doesn't play that off using AEON as I suspect he will.

If you have any info on AP being unethical / unprofessional / insider dealing / market manipulation / conflict of interest, PM me or post here.  I have a truck load that I never could be bothered to collate but I will do that here some time if people want me to.  I won't spend a lot of time on this for now, my only interest here is to expose someone I sincerely believe is a scammer who if goes unchecked, with his 50 posts a day shilling any coin with investors he thinks he can bate to his schemes, BCT will just descend to a giant cesspit.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:26:44 AM

Code:
 No commits found for "americanpegasus"

Seems legit.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 04:43:13 AM

I'm confused what's going on here... you keep talking in the first and third person, I can't tell if "you" have hacked his account or not?   Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: