Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Coinbase be any worse?  (Read 1075 times)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 05:04:44 AM

I had a bad experience from Coinbase in the past as well. They locked my account right after I received an amount on that address and their reason was, due to my location (they could have locked my account before I received anything but they didn't, but on the other hand, it wasn't anything near what you lost). Their definitely not trustworthy in my book. Since your after purchasing 10k+ of $ in BTCitcoin, most exchange platforms that do these trades, they have is on reserve addresses and all you have to do is to make a support ticket to them and ask for the amount and they do it for you manually (I've done similar thing with a local exchange in my country). None of them would put up everything they have because of security reasons.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:07:48 AM

Stick with localbitcoins in this scenario and buy only from very very high trusted members there, to be safe buy even 0.5 or maximum 1 bitcoin per time, and I am sure you will have no problem and of course you will not be -10k which of course makes anyone angry. Coinbase is well known for blocking accounts just because they think you are suspect to fraud.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:37:20 AM

coinbase is super slow right now, anyone else?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:57:06 AM

coinbase is super slow right now, anyone else?

Yes, I'm having the same issue at the moment, its very slow with loading every... page these days, its getting longer and longer..
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:29:02 PM

It's amazing the headache coinbase put me through this week. I tried to put through several large purchases of bitcoins which all ended up being cancelled. I was told by their very brief and non helpful CS rep that the orders were being stopped by my bank. I went to my bank and spent 40 minutes on a work day to make sure none of the orders were being stopped or flagged. After making sure of this I checked my account info and saw I was minus -10k US dollars to coinbase. So apparently it wasn't my bank blocking the charges at all. Anyway Coinbase now has my $10,000 and I have no coins to show for it. If I have been flagged for fraud or something that is fine but at least tell me that so I don't waste time trying to go to my bank or keep putting charges through.

This is really an example of how having a monoply on a business is bad news for everyone. The customer service guy was extremely rude and not helpful in the slightest. If I am suspected of fraud its funny how Coinbase now has my money and I have nothing to show for it. Hopefully this shitty company learns that phone calls and thorough responses are essential to proper customer service. Its unfortunate as I want to buy a significant amount of BTC but coinbase is definitely not the place to be.

We learn from our mistakes. Coinbase has great security, so we can feel safe, but sometimes they are too strict . Remember that you can always make a transaction using a different exchange.

Please let us know how this story will be resolved by Coinbase.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:34:46 PM

It's amazing the headache coinbase put me through this week. I tried to put through several large purchases of bitcoins which all ended up being cancelled. I was told by their very brief and non helpful CS rep that the orders were being stopped by my bank. I went to my bank and spent 40 minutes on a work day to make sure none of the orders were being stopped or flagged. After making sure of this I checked my account info and saw I was minus -10k US dollars to coinbase. So apparently it wasn't my bank blocking the charges at all. Anyway Coinbase now has my $10,000 and I have no coins to show for it. If I have been flagged for fraud or something that is fine but at least tell me that so I don't waste time trying to go to my bank or keep putting charges through.

This is really an example of how having a monoply on a business is bad news for everyone. The customer service guy was extremely rude and not helpful in the slightest. If I am suspected of fraud its funny how Coinbase now has my money and I have nothing to show for it. Hopefully this shitty company learns that phone calls and thorough responses are essential to proper customer service. Its unfortunate as I want to buy a significant amount of BTC but coinbase is definitely not the place to be.

We learn from our mistakes. Coinbase has great security, so we can feel safe, but sometimes they are too strict . Remember that you can always make a transaction using a different exchange.

Please let us know how this story will be resolved by Coinbase.

Indeed I also would like to know how they gonna resolve this, the fact is that they are indeed very secure but sometimes also have problems because of this, I think they are okay and are doing it well for their users.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: