View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:47:44 AM

From what I understand, that rule applies to DOX in general, where DOX is not used to attack/troll. In other words, if you were conducing a scam accusation of something of the likes, it should be fine. However, if you've created an account just to troll someone with their personal information it is not [1]. It's quite difficult to draw a line due to the nature in which the rules are presented.

I mean he forgot to leave a callback number so I thought I was helping him out.
If that truly is the case, then why not post it from your real account?

[1] Source:
If you're going around posting people's personal information for no real reason other than just to annoy them, then that's trolling, which is not allowed.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:35:45 PM

Hey dbag, here's my response from the ion thread. Please fuck off now.

So the guy who doxxed Paul Revere showed up? What a dbag.

Just to clarify, I am not Paul. If you look at my post history, I was posting concurrently with Paul for a long time. And I was active on the GAW post under a different name. I may like to post screenshots but I lack Paul's flair for silly smiley face pictures.

But I am honored to be mentioned in the same breath as Paul. So thanks for that, dbag doxxer!

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 04:21:10 PM

So i posted ON TOPIC posts in response to the other James Bussinger (also known as Paul Revere and ladrx) on a thread and was banned.  I have no indication of why it was banned, I posted the Paul Reveres phone number in response to Paul Revere posting someone elses phone number on the thread.  Sorry, it was Paul Revere posting on his ladrx account since his Paul Revere account is in retirement.

I think there are double standards on bitcointalk and it is reckless and inflammatory.  Why is it ok if he posts other peoples phone numbers etc and doesn't get banned while I get banned for quoting his post and giving out his number to return the phone call.  I mean he forgot to leave a callback number so I thought I was helping him out.

I read the forum rules and it states that posting info that is publically available is NOT against forum rules

Q: What about deleting DOXes?
A: Nope, we don't delete them either as long as they are on topic and the information can be obtained legally (no SSNs for example). Why? Because such doxing is just compiling information about a user already available publicly, often via search engines.

Your posts were off topic (at least that's how I reported them to the mods). Paul Revere had not posted in the thread at all, let alone doxed anyone. You didn't provide any link between Paul Revere and ladrx (or any proof that your dox is even valid) other than your imagination and even if such link existed it would have to go into a separate thread as it has nothing to do with ION.

So basically you repeatedly spammed someone's personal info for no reason other than being butthurt about Bitstone or some other make-believe "project" that Paul Revere mocked.

Using your "one phone call" right to spam said info some more here in meta is quite creative, I'll give you that.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:27:00 PM

The title is misleading, u can't get banned on Bitcointalk for no reason. There's always a reason.

I hope you will know and understand the reason.

~CfA~

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: