Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 49 days till the halving, time is flying now  (Read 9521 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:38:51 AM

49 for days for the until the halving is this really going to happen? Time is really flying by the halving is a good thing because it attracts allot of media attention which can lead to more Bitcoin users. 

Yes, only 47 days left now and halving is Good for Bitcoin Users. But what i fear is that this time we may not get the expected reward as the price of bitcoin is now started to decrease again, instead of rising. I wonder what will gonna happen in next one and a half month. I wish i am wrong but the current decrease in price is not good for those who are willing to see bitcoins at 1000$ again.

that is the reason why the price is going down it is a shakeout, panic sellers will be shaken out of the market and what is left is in the pocket of the big whales who were creating the panic in the first place. then there will be a rise and those panic sellers will now buy at higher prices.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:41:37 AM

If indeed it is true, then I will do the same thing and I will support your next Idea. Something that can be used and but is it true ..?? or is this just an approximate ..? /
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 11:05:34 AM

As much as I would love for the price to skyrocket I don't think it's gonna happen, the current more or less stable trend will probably continue. That said, the market will definitely be a lot more tense than usual, everyone will be monitoring the price, panic selling/buying is not off the cards. So it is definitely possible that we experience some spikes.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:51:45 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 03:32:03 PM by Amph

i dont think the halving is for real how would you people know exactly when its coming and when the double comes. I dont think we could know that the only thing we can now is that the bitcoin is getting many times popular

what you are talking about, besides spamming no-sense? halving is real yes it is hard coded in the code, it cannot be removed at will without consensus and with an hard fork

it will happen in less than two month, and it will wreck the miners if the diff keep increase by then

andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:53:16 AM

I think it might go up a tad in the short term (around 1-2 weeks before) just from hype maybe give or take 5%. Over time though as long as buying and selling habits stay the same as well as the number of transactions/users keeps going up we will see the price rise.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:48:48 PM

I think it might go up a tad in the short term (around 1-2 weeks before) just from hype maybe give or take 5%. Over time though as long as buying and selling habits stay the same as well as the number of transactions/users keeps going up we will see the price rise.

it think the rise during the halving period because of hype is going to be small.

but the real rise which would also be much bigger will come a while after the halving maybe even 1 month after.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:49:03 PM

the hype is so real with block halving and it looks like it is only getting bigger and bigger as we get closer to the halving itself.

i just hope this hype gets some result in the following two three months and gives us good profit!

Buying the dip...
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:54:13 PM

the hype is so real with block halving and it looks like it is only getting bigger and bigger as we get closer to the halving itself.

i just hope this hype gets some result in the following two three months and gives us good profit!

Its real because a Billion dollars worth of mininers are losing 50% of productivity

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:59:17 PM

as we draw closer to the halving ive noticed a distinct drop in anti-bitcoin threads

seems like going against the tide is not worth their time or effort for now

They will come out of the woodwork when the price doesn't spike up immediately at the halving. They will say, "See? The price didn't go up with the halving, therefore bitcoin price will crash. Sell all now! Bitcoin is dead. Blah, blah, blah..."
bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:38:38 PM

Its real because a Billion dollars worth of mininers are losing 50% of productivity

yes that will happen when halving come,miners are losing 50% of productivity,but i wondering how this can give bad effect to bitcoin exchange?or miners are panic and sell their bitcoin to market,and this will make bitcoin price not more expensive,but cheaper?

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

i dont think the halving is for real how would you people know exactly when its coming and when the double comes. I dont think we could know that the only thing we can now is that the bitcoin is getting many times popular

what you are talking about, besides spamming no-sense? halving is real yes it is hard coded in the code, it cannot be romved at will without consensus and with an hard fork

it will happen in less than two month, and it will wreck the miners if the diff keep increase by then

because he has no clue about it  Wink

i would bet that the halving will happen soon  Tongue

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 05:58:33 PM

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 07:28:18 PM

As much as I would love for the price to skyrocket I don't think it's gonna happen, the current more or less stable trend will probably continue. That said, the market will definitely be a lot more tense than usual, everyone will be monitoring the price, panic selling/buying is not off the cards. So it is definitely possible that we experience some spikes.

I've been thinking the same lately. Probably not much sudden increase to be expected. A slow rise, with a small spike here or there, maybe. On the other hand, the recent slow drop was totally unexpected by me. Wink

Regards,
Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:47:35 PM

as we draw closer to the halving ive noticed a distinct drop in anti-bitcoin threads

seems like going against the tide is not worth their time or effort for now

They will come out of the woodwork when the price doesn't spike up immediately at the halving. They will say, "See? The price didn't go up with the halving, therefore bitcoin price will crash. Sell all now! Bitcoin is dead. Blah, blah, blah..."

LoL! Yeah that could really happen!
But I think many of us here expect the real impact in terms of price to happen with a delay of a few months and not exactly when reward gets cut in half the first day.
Let them do their parade if they really need it I say! Cheesy
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:14:08 AM

Hoping for the price to increase. Have been holding my bitcoins now for 2-3 months now, expecting some huge rise but any amount of rise will be fine with me  Cheesy
I also hope the price will increase too, i also has hold the bitcoin since i heard threre will be halving, got a big expectations in this halving
if you have held back from several months ago actually you can buy bitcoin at a price of $380 and you can sell it at a price of $465. because it happened at that time if you save a lot of bitcoin then you'll be a big profit. but it depends on you to hold up to halving. hopefully this gives you a great advantage
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:11:46 PM

49 for days for the until the halving is this really going to happen? Time is really flying by the halving is a good thing because it attracts allot of media attention which can lead to more Bitcoin users. 

Yes, only 47 days left now and halving is Good for Bitcoin Users. But what i fear is that this time we may not get the expected reward as the price of bitcoin is now started to decrease again, instead of rising. I wonder what will gonna happen in next one and a half month. I wish i am wrong but the current decrease in price is not good for those who are willing to see bitcoins at 1000$ again.

that is the reason why the price is going down it is a shakeout, panic sellers will be shaken out of the market and what is left is in the pocket of the big whales who were creating the panic in the first place. then there will be a rise and those panic sellers will now buy at higher prices.
The most people are hoping that the halving will be nice for us and that is because you also can see now that there are a lot of people that is holding now around this time.
And that is because it was already stable for a long time so the time must be soon for a higher value.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:48:00 PM

Given the wholesale rape murder and slaughter of Autumn Radtke

it's very obvious how extrememly valuable Bitcoin is,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:18:43 AM

Hoping for the price to increase. Have been holding my bitcoins now for 2-3 months now, expecting some huge rise but any amount of rise will be fine with me  Cheesy
I also hope the price will increase too, i also has hold the bitcoin since i heard threre will be halving, got a big expectations in this halving
if you have held back from several months ago actually you can buy bitcoin at a price of $380 and you can sell it at a price of $465. because it happened at that time if you save a lot of bitcoin then you'll be a big profit. but it depends on you to hold up to halving. hopefully this gives you a great advantage

If you hold for a few more weeks, you can actually sell for $540 now. But it is still better to hold now.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:52:45 AM

im going to try to buy a beer in the first block

will add a hefty fee to make sure it gets through

Time is really flying which means that the halving is going to happen soon. It is not clear when it exactly is going to happen and that is why I have to pay much attention to Bitcoin know.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:06:02 AM

I've always thought it would of been better if the block rewards reduced more slowly, say every few weeks by a small amount.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: