Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Newspaper cartoon: 'That's no use, he wants it in Bitcoin.'  (Read 844 times)
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:02:01 AM

A funny cartoon picture from an Irish newspaper I spotted today: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDjereWkAAVkG4.jpg

Basically there is an Irish tradition where at 12 or so your relatives give you some money, etc. In this cartoon the poor dad is scoulded for using cash when the son wants it in Bitcoin  Grin
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:03:01 AM

A funny cartoon picture from an Irish newspaper I spotted today:

Basically there is an Irish tradition where at 12 or so your relatives give you some money, etc. In this cartoon the poor dad is scoulded for using cash when the son wants it in Bitcoin  Grin

That's one smart kid. Wink
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:03:55 AM

Basically there is an Irish tradition where at 12 or so your relatives give you some money, etc. In this cartoon the poor dad is scoulded for using cash when the son wants it in Bitcoin  Grin

That's what I figured  Grin
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:08:12 AM

right before the halving too so its like getting mining power that will automatically double and their is no way of stopping it

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:33:37 AM

-snip-

I'm not sure if I should be happy and laugh or feel sad about it. It feels funny because just as you said, their generation is probably going to be a generation of bitcoin users. By that, I mean many of them are going to be using bitcoins. It kinda feels sad because that's what the father can give and probably not be appreciated because 'it is not in bitcoin'.
Good publicity for bitcoins though!
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:33:17 AM

yup,its a smart and modern kid,he dont want to bring much money on his pocket or wallet,its weight and complicate to carry on,and bitcoin better than cash money in this aspect,easy to carry and simple to save.

outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:54:40 AM

-snip-

I'm not sure if I should be happy and laugh or feel sad about it. It feels funny because just as you said, their generation is probably going to be a generation of bitcoin users. By that, I mean many of them are going to be using bitcoins. It kinda feels sad because that's what the father can give and probably not be appreciated because 'it is not in bitcoin'.

I hadn't thought of that point before.  The younger generation(s) won't think of bitcoin as something strange like my generation does.  Just like email, twitter, etc.  Those forms of technology are easier to catch on to for people that are introduced to it at a very young age than us older people that get in to it much later in life.  Bitcoin could be a technology for the next generation more so than for people in their thirties and forties.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:56:10 AM

-snip-

I hadn't thought of that point before.  The younger generation(s) won't think of bitcoin as something strange like my generation does.  Just like email, twitter, etc.  Those forms of technology are easier to catch on to for people that are introduced to it at a very young age than us older people that get in to it much later in life.  Bitcoin could be a technology for the next generation more so than for people in their thirties and forties.

Absolutely, in fact to survive it has to be the next generation that take it up. Otherwise we have a static dead coin.
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:16:58 AM

Most reader would say "What is bitcoin?" Roll Eyes
Is it economy newspaper or perhaps bitcoin newspaper Grin

Business section of our national newspaper  Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:23:12 AM

I'm giving my niece a bitcoin for her graduation this weekend. I already created an address for her a few years ago so it's easy to just top it up even if I'm overseas. Did the same for her brother when he graduated a few years ago. I finally showed him how to use them a few months ago and he was pretty excited.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:25:12 AM

yup,its a smart and modern kid,he dont want to bring much money on his pocket or wallet,its weight and complicate to carry on,and bitcoin better than cash money in this aspect,easy to carry and simple to save.
But he still has to carry his mobile/laptop to access his bitcoins.Unless it is a huge amount,carrying currency would be easier for a kid

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:27:07 AM

A funny cartoon picture from an Irish newspaper I spotted today: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjDjereWkAAVkG4.jpg

Basically there is an Irish tradition where at 12 or so your relatives give you some money, etc. In this cartoon the poor dad is scoulded for using cash when the son wants it in Bitcoin  Grin

great post everything is coming together Bitcoin was much bigger than

we thought though the ability of people to pull the wool over our eyes

was bigger, while I always new Bitcoin was gigantic we must remember

we are just the last ones to join in the fight against inflation, gold and

silver bugs have been doing it for generations, land owners for even longer

and more recently we have seen things like virtual currencies

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
BlindedByStick

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

I'm giving my niece a bitcoin for her graduation this weekend. I already created an address for her a few years ago so it's easy to just top it up even if I'm overseas. Did the same for her brother when he graduated a few years ago. I finally showed him how to use them a few months ago and he was pretty excited.

Make sure to turn her on to DNMs, I'm sure her parents will thank you Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:47:10 AM

Make sure to turn her on to DNMs, I'm sure her parents will thank you Smiley

Welcome to bitcointalk!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
LCSociety

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:09:03 PM

Yup. Kids of this generation have been clued up due to all the documentaries that are available on youtube. Everyone is starting to wake up to the fact that EUR, GBP, USD are all just tools used by their governments to extract wealth from society at large.

Bitcoin and it's variants will bring an end to all of this very soon
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:18:24 PM

I think this will actually happen in there future, when some parents give their kids some money but their kids want it in Bitcoin.

faucet used to be profitable
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:36:44 PM

LOL nice!

BTW here's the full article:

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/take-control-of-first-communion-bonanza-34735983.html

Under construction.
BlindedByStick

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:49:12 PM

I think this will actually happen in there future, when some parents give their kids some money but their kids want it in Bitcoin.

I'm sure it's already happening. If the kids are into drugs and living in the suburbs, where they can't score.
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:53:49 PM

Nice, I have a bit for all my nieces and nephews hidden away.
pbleak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:54:58 PM

Cheers, I didn't think people would be interested in our weird Irish traditions  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: