Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bubbling up because media talking of record high  (Read 3372 times)
phelix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

Every day there is news about bitcoin reaching new heights. This is a sure sign we are bubbling.

I predict: once this news bellows will dwindle we will crash

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57571732-93/bitcoin-virtual-currency-hits-record-high-after-exchange-deal/
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/28/4039042/bitcoin-value-reaches-new-high-against-us-dollar
http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/02/bitcoin-reaches-an-all-time-trading-high-of-over-33/

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/02/28/bitcoin-virtual-currency-stages-epic-comeback-hits-new-all-time-high-of-32/
http://mashable.com/2013/02/22/bitcoin-trading-at-30/
http://qz.com/56029/bitcoin-is-trading-at-a-record-high/

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:43:51 PM

If we are then it's just starting.

Those huge dumps would, in the past, cause either speculators to race to the bottom or at least a significant stall in price rises. They are doing absolutely nothing to the market at the moment.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:50:27 PM

The true value that bitcoin holds and the possibilities of its future uses are starting to be realized by more than just a few select individuals. I have had random people at the bar ask me what I do, and respond, "oh yeah, I've heard of that bitcoin thing." And they usual say it with intrigue. We're not at critical mass, but we're approaching it. And if it is reached, bitcoin will be the investment of all our lives. I don't recommend selling unless you are a day trader.
phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:52:22 PM

If we are then it's just starting.
I hope you are right. I feel like that, too, but with us coinheads you never know... Wink

Those huge dumps would, in the past, cause either speculators to race to the bottom or at least a significant stall in price rises. They are doing absolutely nothing to the market at the moment.
yeah, that impressed me, too.

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:55:33 PM

Posting in another "Because of X then bubble".

Though, to be honest, this one isn't even that creative.  I shall spot you a few free ones that may lead to more interesting conversation:

McCorvic is posting more than once a day, therefore bubble.

The price of bitcoin is almost to $37, which is a prime number, therefore bubble.

My shoe has become untied, therefore bubble.

My mom let me on the computer again, therefore bubble.

Feel free to use any of the above.  Any more will cost you some extra BTC therefore bubble

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:02:05 PM

Posting in another "Because of X then bubble".

Though, to be honest, this one isn't even that creative.  I shall spot you a few free ones that may lead to more interesting conversation:

McCorvic is posting more than once a day, therefore bubble.

The price of bitcoin is almost to $37, which is a prime number, therefore bubble.

My shoe has become untied, therefore bubble.

My mom let me on the computer again, therefore bubble.

Feel free to use any of the above.  Any more will cost you some extra BTC therefore bubble

+1

JABT

(just another bubble thread)

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:39:35 PM

'Bubble' might not be accurate, since we don't have the massive upward spikes  ($4+ the same hour) that we had in early June 2011.

Very Short-term: We have had several dramatic, 'healthy' corrections.
Medium-term: We are way over-due for a (temporary) big dive, and the longer it's put off, then the more massive it will be.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:40:34 PM

'Bubble' might not be accurate, since we don't have the massive upward spikes  ($4+ the same hour) that we had in early June 2011.

Medium-term: We are way over-due for a (temporary) big dive, and the longer it's put off, then the more massive it will be.

Ah man, you were so close to actually being right and then you got to that last sentence...

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:45:35 PM

Ah man, you were so close to actually being right and then you got to that last sentence...

Great, I'm still a Bit_Happy.   Cheesy

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 07:46:29 PM

On the surface it looks like a bubble, but I don't think it is yet, theres a lot of room for higher prices, we're still in the same channel we were in before the 2011 bubble even started!
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 07:54:20 PM

I'm seeing the signs of a bubble in the making. I think we're in the beginning or in the middle of a big bubble. Current price isn't too overpriced yet though. There is also the possibility that massive developments will happen in the Bitcoin world this spring and later this year which means that the actual growth of the Bitcoin economy might catch up with the price. That means a "massive dive" might not even happen. It depends on how overpriced we become relative to how the economy is growing.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:25:55 PM

It might seem like everyone is jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon right now, but that's simply not true. No one that I've talked to in real life even knew that Bitcoin existed before I mentioned it. No institutional investors are involved in Bitcoin yet. The real bubble will happen when the big investors start piling money into Bitcoin ventures, many of which will ultimately fail, but in the meantime, whoever is holding bitcoins will reap massive rewards. Of course, short-term corrections will happen along the way. But the big picture looks pretty good.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:30:13 PM

so 9 consecutive weekly green candles (>2 months) is perfectly normal and sustainable?

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
mccorvic

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

'Bubble' might not be accurate, since we don't have the massive upward spikes  ($4+ the same hour) that we had in early June 2011.

so 9 consecutive weekly green candles (>2 months) is perfectly normal and sustainable?

Sure. 90, meeehhhh. But 9? Sure.

And I like how you even went with weekly candles.  You just zoomed out until you found a metric you didn't like and decided, "Yup! There's mah proofs!"  Way to cherry pick.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

what, 4 green yearly candles is not sustainable no Smiley

i am satoshi
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:00:17 PM

OP is wrong,

That "indicator" of news stopping that will crash the price is a LAGGING indicator.

Price will fall before that happens.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

phelix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:24:14 PM

OP is wrong,

That "indicator" of news stopping that will crash the price is a LAGGING indicator.

Price will fall before that happens.

op did not say stop but dwindle = decrease
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:24:32 PM

I think there are a couple of reasons that could lead to a decrease in price:
  • MtGox does not support shorting (so negative feeling about the market may not be fully reflected in the price; more prone to air pockets)
  • regardless of the enthusiasm of people, the practical use of Bitcoin is still rather limited (exchanges not widespread, economy is still relatively small); people that get into the game now will also realise this later on, just like the one's in 2011
  • it's a small market; if buying goes on like this, at some point the bids will more or less vanish leading to a spike. It takes more than in 2011 but eventually we would get there. After the spike, there will be some form of price collapse

Herd mentality does not vanish with a couple of millennia of 'civilisation'. It will be the same this time (and I will be waiting for the opportunity to buy cheap). Don't worry, you can get my BTC at $78 a piece currently  Kiss

arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:43:18 PM

'Bubble' might not be accurate, since we don't have the massive upward spikes  ($4+ the same hour) that we had in early June 2011.

Sure. 90, meeehhhh. But 9? Sure.

And I like how you even went with weekly candles.  You just zoomed out until you found a metric you didn't like and decided, "Yup! There's mah proofs!"  Way to cherry pick.

thanks for projecting motives. i really appreciate the fair and open discussion. when did you lose so much respect for me that you can't even take a single one of my points seriously?

but anyway,

say i did exactly what you said. say i'm cherry-picking. JUST SAY --

you still need to account for it. every scale is valid and price movement patterns appear on every scale. the fact that we haven't seen a weekly-sized correction in 9 consecutive weeks is a big deal. and if you don't think it is, you don't know enough about markets. screw that, you don't know enough about historical bitcoin price data. let me put this into perspective. the only time ever that there have been 9 or more consecutive green weekly candles was during the run-up to the pirate bubble. this is not 'normal', and it's not necessarily bearish, but you didn't even respond to the damn point.

also, i'm pretty damn close to ignoring you, which would make you the first person to ever have that honor. you side-step every single point i make in every single thread, all the while treating me like im the most worthless poster on this forum. that's not discussion, and you need to step off.

edit:

btw, this is the problem:

Quote from: mccorvic

"right" and "what i already believe" are not always equivalent. watch out for that.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:00:02 PM

Not a bubble, it's a revolution.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: