Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Blank history??  (Read 766 times)
Aniselove (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:33:19 PM

Hello,

My electrum wallets displays a blank history.

The wallet still works and displays my balance & sends/receives in the bottom bar, but there is nothing displayed in the history.

I imported my seed to a new wallet and it displayed the history yesterday (although was frozen @ sync ). I opened the wallet again today and the same thing - Both wallets (same) show no history but am able to send/receive. Anyone evver heard of this before? any fixes??

Thank you.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:03:20 PM

have you tried changing servers? it shouldn't do that because there's no way to hide/clear your history.
Aniselove (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:11:10 PM

Yes, ive tried changing servers. Doesnt seem to work.

Restarting the computer seems to work sometimes, but always seems to go back to blank history... strange.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:51:17 AM

What wallet version are you using, if you're on an older one, update to the latest one and see if the problem gets resolved. It happened with me once when my system got bsod (faulty ram) and I figured it might have corrupted the blockchain_headers file due to electrum not being closed properly, so here is what I did, you can try and see if these work for you.

Click the network icon in electrum (red/green light at the bottom), select Auto_Connect>OK, close electrum, go to the .electrum folder, you can find its location here: http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html?highlight=location#where-is-my-wallet-file-located , rename the blockchain_headers file to OLD_blockchain_headers, restart electrum and let it run and sync for a while as it will download the blockchain headers file again and when its done, your history should appear back. Or you can simply, rename/move the .electrum folder somewhere else and then re-store your wallet from seed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: