Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 04:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB BTC w/ Dwolla  (Read 465 times)
zdavidi (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:44:01 PM

I've $160 USD in DWOLLA, since Bitinstant is down and MTGOX requires extensive verification doing this myself is liable to take weeks. Therefore, I'd like to make a direct purchase if possible.
Looking for BTC directly. PM with interest.

thepwnorbpwnd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:50:30 PM

Instead of posting this in the noob section maybe you should first introduce yourself to the community and get a feel for how everything works here and posting in the appropriate section before instantly going for sales in a section where business rarely takes place.
zdavidi (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:03:29 PM

I can't post anywhere else, as I'm "new". My status as a lurker wont change just because I created an account. I'm just trying to make a transaction, not become an ingrained member of this community.

bagfalls

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:07:52 PM

Let me know what you find, man. I'm in the same boat.
LeTanque

Activity: 85

Fortune favors the bold and brave

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:19:20 PM

Have you checked out localbitcoins.com?

A little different than what you are looking for but I do a lot of transactions with their service and I think it's great.

"It is a mistake to suppose that any technological innovation has a one-sided effect. Every technology is both a burden and a blessing; not either-or, but this-and-that." -Neil Postman Technopoly
1FooDLuTYk782GQNrY7zY1obTc4ceUfj5t
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 10:13:48 PM

Your best bet might be to try http://bitcoin-otc.com/

Bitinstant is supposed to be back up on Monday.

You might also look into coinbase.com

j05h

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

Start the process now and get it over with.  It took me over 2 weeks to get verified with mtgox and dwolla.  Mtgox would have just taken a week, but i only sent a utility bill.  The verification page says that's all you need, mentions nothing about ID, but they also require a photo ID.  Then after 2 weeks when i tried to make a transfer from dwolla to mtgox, i found out dwolla needed an ID.    But now I'm glad i went through the hassle and got it done.

I hadn't heard of coin base when i started the process.  That seems much easier.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 11:29:54 PM

Start the process now and get it over with.  It took me over 2 weeks to get verified with mtgox and dwolla.  Mtgox would have just taken a week, but i only sent a utility bill.  The verification page says that's all you need, mentions nothing about ID, but they also require a photo ID.  Then after 2 weeks when i tried to make a transfer from dwolla to mtgox, i found out dwolla needed an ID.    But now I'm glad i went through the hassle and got it done.

Ditto, more or less.  Start the process now, and get it over with.

LeTanque

Activity: 85

Fortune favors the bold and brave

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:29:50 AM

Your best bet might be to try http://bitcoin-otc.com/

Bitinstant is supposed to be back up on Monday.

You might also look into coinbase.com

Yeah, bitcoin-otc is great for over-the-virtual-counter transactions.

"It is a mistake to suppose that any technological innovation has a one-sided effect. Every technology is both a burden and a blessing; not either-or, but this-and-that." -Neil Postman Technopoly
1FooDLuTYk782GQNrY7zY1obTc4ceUfj5t
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: