Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:15:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A2 Mini Problems  (Read 543 times)
ausminer65 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:15:47 AM

Hi,

I have an Innosilicon A2 Mini Terminator miner that has the following issue.

When you power up the Green Light on the Power Supply comes on, the fans startup and within 2 seconds the Fans shutdown and the power supply status light changes from Green to Orange.

Does this mean the power supply needs to be replaced?

Regards

mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:14:37 AM

I would say so, is this a normal ATX powersupply?  if so unhook everything and put a jumper in the atx plug from the green to any black, should turn on supply if it keeps running you might have another issue, it is cuts off then you know it is power supply, make sure the power supply fan runs , sometimes if the fan quits for it they will shut off as well.

ausminer65 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:23:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The power supply in the A2 Mini looks rather dodgy and I would feel better by replacing it. I will certainly do those tests and see if the power supply stops again.

Will let you know of the outcome.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:21:05 AM

The one common issue folks have with the A2 miners was that the power supplies DID tend to die fairly often.

They're not quite ATX standard - no peripheral connections, just the 24-pin ATX motherboard-type and PCI-E style connectors for the hash boards - but you CAN use a standard ATX-type power supply OF SUFFICIENT CAPASITY to replace them.

I've got *2* of my Mega Terminator units running on Seasonic X1250 units right now.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ausminer65 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:30:26 PM

I would say so, is this a normal ATX powersupply?  if so unhook everything and put a jumper in the atx plug from the green to any black, should turn on supply if it keeps running you might have another issue, it is cuts off then you know it is power supply, make sure the power supply fan runs , sometimes if the fan quits for it they will shut off as well.

Hi,

The problem is fixed. Replace the power supply and it is running again. One fan on the power supply had failed and that shut down the 12V rail.

Now my problem is to find the firmware for the A2 Mini, Plenty of options for the A2 but the A2 Mini has a slightly different setup.

Regards
mjgraham

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:39:07 AM

I don't know a lot about the mini but to me it looked nearly like they just took two blades and put them together and used the same controller on top with the 6 connections just using 2, at least in photos anyway.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:55:49 AM

Ouch.
PS overheating due to dead fan is BAD NEWS - though if you can replace that fan, the PS itself MIGHT still be OK.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
mjgraham

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:06:27 AM

Ouch.
PS overheating due to dead fan is BAD NEWS - though if you can replace that fan, the PS itself MIGHT still be OK.

I agree, replace the fan probably be good to go.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: