Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:55:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Report Ripple & ScamCoin Inc to FTC for False Advertising  (Read 909 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:41:27 AM

From Ripple's website:

The software is open source.
FALSE. The software is closed source.

No one owns it.
FALSE. OpenCoin Inc and their friends owns it. Even through they claim to not own it, they are the only ones with the source code and the ability to update it.\

File a complaint against ScamCoin Inc and Ripple:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

This is false and misleading advertising right on the home page of a payments system. Mention that the market cap of ripple is $450 million (which consists of fake offers from ScamCoin Inc that will be "fixed")

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:46:01 AM

Out of all the potential problems with Ripple, the issue that it is currently closed source and that OpenCoin, Inc. will own the technology forever is the least of my concerns (although we might want to keep an eye out for patents).

Now that we finally have the truth about their business model, that we've confirmed a lot of suspicions, and that we know who the principal architects are, I can safely conclude the following:

- Ripple developers are a group of smart guys who know what they are doing

- The Ripple software will be released as Open Source very soon: 2 to 3 months according to Jed. Probably longer. This year more than likely.

- The Ripple system with withstand rigorous mathematical scrutiny

- Ripple founders gave themselves all 100 billion of the XRP, which functions perfectly as a currency

- It is in OpenCoin's best interest to drive user adoption of Ripple as high as possible by giving out XRPs

- Ripple developers will definitely make money from selling their hoard of XRPs

I think at this point making claims that OpenCoin, Inc. is a scam and lying about everything is a false claim and sounds more like trolling than any reasoned argument.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:51:20 AM

- Ripple developers are a group of smart guys who know what they are doing

No doubt, they're well smart in scamming other people who use Ripple.

- The Ripple software will be released as Open Source very soon: 2 to 3 months according to Jed. Probably longer. This year more than likely.

It is not open source at it's current state. Their excuses are BS (bitcoin was released as open source, day one). They just don't want a fork because they know nobody would use a currency where the founders keep 50% of it

- The Ripple system with withstand rigorous mathematical scrutiny
So does bitcoin. Your point?

- Ripple founders gave themselves all 100 billion of the XRP, which functions perfectly as a currency
So what? USD functions perfectly as a currency, Bitcoin functions perfectly as a currency .. yada yada yada.

How much XRP did OpenCoin Inc just send you again for promoting their scam business model?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:56:40 AM

To most people "scam" does not mean what you think it means.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:59:38 AM

To most people "scam" does not mean what you think it means.
Scam as there's zero mention of this deceptive business practice.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:06:39 AM

Scam as there's zero mention of this deceptive business practice.

OpenCoin will make almost NO MONEY if they keep Ripple closed source.

OpenCoin will MAXIMIZE REVENUE by releasing the Ripple software as open source soon.

You claim that they are deceiving the public but that is simply not true. They are being open about their strategy of developing in closed source and then eventually releasing it once the system is established. You claim that they can rewrite the rules at any time but that is not true.

Keeping Ripple CLOSED SOURCE does not make any economic sense; OpenCoin BENEFITS from eventually releasing the software as open source (or else their hoard of XRPs will become worthless).

Because you continue to ignore these facts I am leaning towards the ignore button. Give me a reason to keep listening to you; Do you understand that lying about the eventual open sourcing of the Ripple system is not in their best interests? No one bribed me to "promote Ripple." It should be apparent to anyone that XRPs will only have future value if Ripple is eventually open sourced.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 05:07:48 AM

Because you continue to ignore these facts I am leaning towards the ignore button.
No, don't do that. You'll miss out on great deals like this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110566

"Note: Please don't mention this market in this thread if you know it already. You are not allowed to sell this information after acquiring it. If you do, I'll just call you a scammer on that market."

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:09:43 AM

...You'll miss out on great deals like this one...

UGH I wish you hadn't shown me that

Bye bye TrollFortress
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:47:53 AM

...You'll miss out on great deals like this one...

UGH I wish you hadn't shown me that

Bye bye TrollFortress

What do to when the sky is falling around your scam payment system? Quick, divert the topic and call people trolls!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: