Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMED by Member! User = Leave| UID = 859786  (Read 871 times)
kirch (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:43:00 AM

User: Leave - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=859786

Deal: Leave offered me to sell $100 giftrocket gift card for $70 btc.

[For starters ,Giftrocket gift card can be redeemed to physical card or can be transferred to US bank account.Sender of gift card can use thier credit card and buy the card of any value and send directly to receivers email address.The receiver can click the link and buy any store gift card or just simply transfer to bank/credit card account.Giftrocket just authorizes the sender's credit card and will not charge the card till it is redeemed by the receiver]

What went wrong?: I offered @leave to use escrow ,but initially offered me that he will go first and asked me to send  btc immediately after redeeming.But as I know teh actually charge will occur only once I redeem the card,i have not accepted it and asked to use escrow and will release after CONFIRMATION by the bank (which usually happens in 1 working day)..but he said he will give another $10 discount if I can send btc after redeeming .I have not agreed..he looked around for some escrows and could not get one.Finally he agreed for sending btc after confirmation by the bank.
He send the gift rocket redemption ink around 6 pm EST (after end of the business hours of bank).I have waited 1 day to see if it goes through .But nothing happened.Checked Giftrocket website,which says that the processing time is 3 to 4 business days [but by my previous experience it was never more than 2 days]

I have communicated the same to @leave that I will pay after confirmation.I was offline for a day and he oepned a scam report  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1513878.0

TILL TODAY THE GIFT ROCKET FUNDS ARE NOT INTO MY ACCOUNT

As a policy giftrocket will respond to the funds status or any related queries if contacted from sender's or receiver's email and not to third party.I have PMed @leave few days back and asked him to contact gift rocket about the status and let me know.He has not yet got back to me

[I think that after I redeemed the card,the giftrocket has tried to charge the sender's credit card which has not gone through (for various reasons ) and the card got cancelled.]

I have already informed @leave that I am NOT a scammer and ready to deposit the funds in escrow,till the issue is resolved.Now I am fully convinced that he has send me a carded gift card and though he would get away with it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:35:57 AM

So is this an actual scam accusation or just the retaliation thread for the accusation against him? I'm aware of the issue,please continue in the thread where it all started,opening another thread would not make things any better.Maybe try convincing the DT members that you're not at fault ,in the same thread,which you already did.The results were not supportive.So is the card actually useful or not ?
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:23:57 AM

for OP, if im not wrong, user leave also ever reported you in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1513878.0 i have no idea who are scammer and got scammed here.
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:32:03 AM

So is this an actual scam accusation or just the retaliation thread for the accusation against him? I'm aware of the issue,please continue in the thread where it all started,opening another thread would not make things any better.Maybe try convincing the DT members that you're not at fault ,in the same thread,which you already did.The results were not supportive.So is the card actually useful or not ?

What do you mean by retaliation ?  I have opened this scam accusation thread  cos I got scammed and I have right to open it.
I have already replied to the thread .

I have not got the funds out of the card.I told the seller to contact gift rocket from sender's or receiver's email ID.But he has not done
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:34:10 AM

for OP, if im not wrong, user leave also ever reported you in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1513878.0 i have no idea who are scammer and got scammed here.

He scammed me..and opened the scam thread before I realized that I got scammed.Just because I opened the scam thread later does not means that @leave is not a scammer
Leave

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:57:16 PM

He scammed me..and opened the scam thread before I realized that I got scammed.Just because I opened the scam thread later does not means that @leave is not a scammer

Explain how I scammed you? You're the idiot in Canada trying to cashout when it clearly says USA banks only. You're the dude who ignored my PM's for 3 days straight when I asked where's the money.

Now you're trying to say I scammed you? SMD.
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:04:44 PM

Explain how I scammed you? You're the idiot in Canada trying to cashout when it clearly says USA banks only. You're the dude who ignored my PM's for 3 days straight when I asked where's the money.

Mind your words.If I am in Canada ,it does not mean that I should not have a US bank account ?I am a dual citizen and have US and CA Bank accounts,credit cards and loans

I told you to contact giftrocket from senders/receiver's email account..have you done ??
Do you have gift card email from gift rocket ?

Yes,you have SCAMMED Me.I am ready to deposit 200% of the agreed money with any approved escrow.Prove me that you have NOT SCAMMED ME..and I will forgo it !
Will you do the same ?

Leave

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:19:43 PM

Mind your words.If I am in Canada ,it does not mean that I should not have a US bank account ?I am a dual citizen and have US and CA Bank accounts,credit cards and loans

I told you to contact giftrocket from senders/receiver's email account..have you done ??
Do you have gift card email from gift rocket ?

Yes,you have SCAMMED Me.I am ready to deposit 200% of the agreed money with any approved escrow.Prove me that you have NOT SCAMMED ME..and I will forgo it !
Will you do the same ?

Sorry I only speak English, and Google translate didn't translate that jumble of spam into anything I could understand.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:22:30 PM

Did you contact giftrocket?
Please post here your message and their reply.

Leave

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:11:49 PM

Why exactly would I waste my time contacting giftrocket? This idiot wouldn't pay-up anyways
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:32:58 PM

Why exactly would I waste my time contacting giftrocket? This idiot wouldn't pay-up anyways

MOFO ,if you can't post respectfully ..get out of this thread.
You have scammed me and you know that..

I am ready to deposit $140 with escrow..prove that you have NOT scammed me and take it from escrow.

If you can't prove..SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF HERE !
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:35:19 PM

He will NOT contact giftrocket ,cos he is the scammer and he knows the out come

He said his aunt sent him the card..but he don't have the email
[Gift rocket cards are e-gift cards sent by email only]
Leave

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:07:31 PM

I am ready to deposit $140 with escrow..prove that you have NOT scammed me and take it from escrow.

Ok who as escrow?
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:39:31 PM

Ok who as escrow?

Choose any escrow from approved list is OK for me
You must agree for the following:
1)Should show the proof within 24 hrs that you have not scammed me
2)Failure to prove with the agreed time the escrow will be released back to me
3)You will pay escrow fee (if any)
4If you prove that I indeed redeemed and DEPOSITED TO MY BANK Account,I will forgo the btc in escrow and will be released to you
5)If you fail to prove,you will be retracting and deleting the scam accusation

Let me know when you are ready and I will transfer btc to escrow

Leave

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:43:15 PM

Ok who as escrow?

Choose any escrow from approved list is OK for me
You must agree for the following:
1)Should show the proof within 24 hrs that you have not scammed me
2)Failure to prove with the agreed time the escrow will be released back to me
3)You will pay escrow fee (if any)
4If you prove that I indeed redeemed and DEPOSITED TO MY BANK Account,I will forgo the btc in escrow and will be released to you
5)If you fail to prove,you will be retracting and deleting the scam accusation

Let me know when you are ready and I will transfer btc to escrow

What is valid proof that I haven't scammed you? How could I have scammed you? You never sent me anything LOL
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:04:59 PM

That's what I am saying..how have scammed you when I have not received any funds of  the gift rocket card Huh

A valid is proof is that is a official proof that is sent by giftrocket
Let the sender of the card or receiver contact giftrocket and inform them that the funds are not transferred to bank account and request them transaction proof

If the funds are indeed transferred ,gift rocket will send the transaction details including the date and time

Leave

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:58:27 AM

That's what I am saying..how have scammed you when I have not received any funds of  the gift rocket card Huh

A valid is proof is that is a official proof that is sent by giftrocket
Let the sender of the card or receiver contact giftrocket and inform them that the funds are not transferred to bank account and request them transaction proof

If the funds are indeed transferred ,gift rocket will send the transaction details including the date and time

Prove you haven't received anything.

That doesn't answer my question as to how I scammed you.
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4425

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:08:03 AM

This is turning into a pissing war and should be locked. OP you havent been scammed as you havent lost anything. Attempted scam maybe. @leave if you cannot find valid proof of where the giftcard came from and why it isnt loaded with the money you say it has then you deserve a neg tag.

Unless you guys are gonn a find a solution out of this then lock the thread and tag appropriately

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Leave

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:10:42 AM

This is turning into a pissing war and should be locked. OP you havent been scammed as you havent lost anything. Attempted scam maybe. @leave if you cannot find valid proof of where the giftcard came from and why it isnt loaded with the money you say it has then you deserve a neg tag.

Unless you guys are gonn a find a solution out of this then lock the thread and tag appropriately

Lock this one, we can continue on on my thread as to why kirch hasn't paid me.
kirch (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:00:40 AM

Lock this one, we can continue on on my thread as to why kirch hasn't paid me.

This is the official email I have received from gift rocket after intense follow up. https://i.imgur.com/3luHN3c.png
It says that they have cancelled the card (for obvious reasons that i already mentioned) and informed the sender,the day I contacted gift rocket (June 18th)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: