Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinFest 2017  (Read 10228 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 07:37:16 AM

In 2016, CoinFest advanced across Asia, bringing crypto cheer to 5 continents. 2017 will be the year we cover the entire inhabited world. Running from April 3-9, all of last years' most exciting events will be returning, and while the criteria to have your event added to the map at http://www.coinfest.org/coinfest-2017/ are now more strict, we expect more nodes than ever before as major companies have joined the movement.

CoinFest's founder will be focused solely on improving the decentralized programs such as the International Hangout and building DAO infrastructure. For those true at heart to the cause of decentralization, CoinFest has proven a great and cost-effective way to gain publicity about your project, and we encourage you to step up and organize one in your neck of the woods. Organizers now congregate for discussion at forum.coinfest.org, where we're keeping track of all of the activities and events.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 02:31:52 AM

Got interviewed about CoinFest for Steemit. Discussion focused on the goals of CoinFest and Bitcoin adoption outreach and tactics... will help you understand the philosophy behind it: https://steemit.com/fort-galt/@piedpiper/coinfest-the-worldwide-cryptocurrency-festival

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 08:51:29 PM

Got interviewed about CoinFest for Steemit. Discussion focused on the goals of CoinFest and Bitcoin adoption outreach and tactics... will help you understand the philosophy behind it: https://steemit.com/fort-galt/@piedpiper/coinfest-the-worldwide-cryptocurrency-festival

Awesome! Great interview.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:23:34 PM

In 2016, CoinFest advanced across Asia, bringing crypto cheer to 5 continents. 2017 will be the year we cover the entire inhabited world. Running from April 3-9, all of last years' most exciting events will be returning, and while the criteria to have your event added to the map at http://www.coinfest.org/coinfest-2017/ are now more strict, we expect more nodes than ever before as major companies have joined the movement.

CoinFest's founder will be focused solely on improving the decentralized programs such as the International Hangout and building DAO infrastructure. For those true at heart to the cause of decentralization, CoinFest has proven a great and cost-effective way to gain publicity about your project, and we encourage you to step up and organize one in your neck of the woods. Organizers now congregate for discussion at forum.coinfest.org, where we're keeping track of all of the activities and events.
What can we expect on Coinfest? i mean what things is going to happen in there.
Or it just different,we get something else in every place the coinfest is made?
i was just wondering Tongue
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 09:08:56 AM

The are some activities that try to cover all CoinFest events but many have their own schedules and activities. Each CoinFest is unquie but try's to keep the core fundamental idea of getting people interested and engaged in crypto/Bitcoin.

xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:20:48 AM

The are some activities that try to cover all CoinFest events but many have their own schedules and activities. Each CoinFest is unquie but try's to keep the core fundamental idea of getting people interested and engaged in crypto/Bitcoin.
The idea of giving stickers, posters, tutorial videos on Bitcoins, showing ways to earn genuine etc would be very nice. I wish once CoinFest comes to India too. India abounds in people looking for free money Tongue And show keen interest in Cyber trends.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 12:14:36 PM

The idea of giving stickers, posters, tutorial videos on Bitcoins, showing ways to earn genuine etc would be very nice. I wish once CoinFest comes to India too. India abounds in people looking for free money Tongue And show keen interest in Cyber trends.

Sorry I forgot to answer you, hermanhs09... I partied hard on the Halvening, and then there was Pokemon GO...

But basically it's as batesresearch stated. There are some common activities around the world, like the International Hangout and Decentralized Arcade, but participation is not required. Events range from small gatherings at cafes/bars that accept Bitcoin, to presentations and seminars, to full-on conventions.

This does often include freebies, increasingly so as our funding grows. We've already been to India... Bangalore, to be precise. You're welcome to help try and make it happen again.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 09:37:26 PM

Heads up: many of you just had your accounts at forum.coinfest.org accidentally deleted. We had to delete a whole bunch because we got spam attacked, again, and we also intensified the CAPTCHA system to root out more bots in the future. Let me know if you have trouble reserving your name, again--your posts are still there.

bitcoincardreview.com

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:14:02 PM

That is great interview
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 10:21:20 PM

That is great interview

Thanks! It's in keeping with the Spirit of CoinFest

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 11:41:57 PM

Would make more sense if the US Coinfest was somewhere near central Washington where there are a lot more miners than any other part of the US.

Southern California probably has the LOWEST density of miners in the US due to the insanely high electric costs in that area, you're not going to get all that high of a turnout when you make the bulk of prospective attendees travel halfway or more across the country to get to the event.

Seattle or Spokane areas would be fairly close if you think you need a LARGE convention site.

As far as your use of crapcha goes - don't bother, it does very little to weed out spammers IF ANYTHING, while ticking off legitimate users.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 03:35:18 PM

Would make more sense if the US Coinfest was somewhere near central Washington where there are a lot more miners than any other part of the US.

Southern California probably has the LOWEST density of miners in the US due to the insanely high electric costs in that area, you're not going to get all that high of a turnout when you make the bulk of prospective attendees travel halfway or more across the country to get to the event.

Seattle or Spokane areas would be fairly close if you think you need a LARGE convention site.

As far as your use of crapcha goes - don't bother, it does very little to weed out spammers IF ANYTHING, while ticking off legitimate users.

Actually, we haven't had any more spam since the new CAPTCHA system. Insofar as CoinFest USA, it pops up wherever volunteers are willing to organize something. Southern California, Washington D.C. and the Midwest will happen again, but nobody has stepped up to play host in Washington state, yet. You are welcome to do so!  Smiley

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 07:30:27 AM

The first International Hangout time for CoinFest 2017 has been chosen. We already have like 2.8 BTC to spend on prizes and giveaways and stuff, so if you're an organizer, you might want to consider organizing during that time if possible. We may also do more of them at other times

If you're not familiar with the International Hangout, it's basically where cities hosting CoinFest events simultaneously around the world link up via conference call. It helps unify the decentralized audience/attendees.

Participating organizers will be coordinating in this thread on the CoinFest forum. If you don't feel like going and reading it, the announced Hangout time is 6 - 10 PM GMT on April 7, and maybe another one starting from 9 AM on April 8. Participants so far are Manchester and Vancouver.

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:29:47 AM

Is anyone going to the Midwest Coinfest location? I think it is very cool that it will be in Omaha of all places, I would have expected Chicago for a central location in the US but Omaha will work.  I will definitely go...my first Coinfest~!!!

I love Bitcoin
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 12:49:31 AM

Is anyone going to the Midwest Coinfest location? I think it is very cool that it will be in Omaha of all places, I would have expected Chicago for a central location in the US but Omaha will work.  I will definitely go...my first Coinfest~!!!

Unfortunately, nobody has ever volunteered to host a CoinFest in Chicago, but Omaha is probably going to happen again.

By the way, good news for everybody: CoinFest is now in partnership with three cryptocurrency/blockchain shows: BlockTalk, the Crypto Show and Bitcoins & Gravy. Others are welcome to join the fun. More exciting details, soon

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 12:34:21 PM

By the way, good news for everybody: CoinFest is now in partnership with three cryptocurrency/blockchain shows: BlockTalk, the Crypto Show and Bitcoins & Gravy. Others are welcome to join the fun. More exciting details, soon

Awesome news! Will they be promoting the CoinFests across the world?

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 11:55:05 PM

Of course! We'll talk about everything, and also try to convince other cities to join. Then they can all host Hangouts during CoinFest like BlockTalk did last year.

I posted more details and planning on the CoinFest forum. Here I'll announce the shows as they come out with share links

batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 02:52:58 PM

Of course! We'll talk about everything, and also try to convince other cities to join. Then they can all host Hangouts during CoinFest like BlockTalk did last year.

I posted more details and planning on the CoinFest forum. Here I'll announce the shows as they come out with share links

Awesome! Will have a look soon

UGMZ

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 08:50:33 PM

Look forward to this. If I have known about the previous one I would of attended!
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 08:47:38 AM

One of the primary goals of CoinFest is to stimulate cryptocurrency adoption. Therefore, it makes sense that CoinFest Global should use its funds in a way that helps accomplish that.

With this in mind, it has been proposed that we set up a grant system wherein CoinFest Global pays food/drinks at local CoinFest events. The criteria shall be as follows:

1. The local event must meet all existing CoinFest criteria
2. The refreshment provider must directly accept Bitcoin

Whether or not an applicant meets the criteria shall be judged by the CoinFest multisig custodians who issue the funds. You have to trust them to some degree if you were too lazy to claim a private key, but they are obliged to fairly consider public opinion. Merit (How much publicity and attendees did you get?) and need (What adverse conditions hinder fundraising for you?) will probably be considered in determining the quantity of funds to be dispensed.

Full discussion here: http://forum.coinfest.org/index.php?topic=31746.msg32615#new

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: