Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fermat: Decentralized, Blockchain­ Enabled, Modular Mobile App Framework  (Read 2722 times)
Luis-Fernando-Molina (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 11:00:23 AM

Fermat

A Decentralized, Shared, Blockchain-Enabled, Scalable, Modular App Platform
That Unleashes The P2P “Internet of People” Economy

I've been working for 2 years now quietly on this project. When I learnt about bitcoin in 2013 there was already to many people saying they would do this or that, but few of them really executed. I didn't want to be part of the noise, so I took one year to study the industry, and a second year to refine an architect a system that in my view, could expand the usage of crypto currency globally.

Bitcoin is a disruptive technology, technically beautiful, but far from the real life John Doe. So how could someone know what is needed for every person to use this technology? After all more than a billion dollars of VC has been invested so far and no-one solved the puzzle. That reminds me of a long lasting difficult puzzle: the Fermat last theorem, that took centuries to be proved and forced the expansion of mathematics to do so.

I took a radical different approach from everyone else: instead of making some incremental change to the technology available, or adding a layer on top of it, I envisioned a future where bitcoin and other similar technologies are already mass adopted, and digged into that future to see what people were using and how. And to know how to get there I reversed engineered that path into present time.

Exactly as in Fermat theorem, a lot of pieces where missing. That explains in my view why no-one could solve the puzzle yet. By now, we almost have one year spent on coding these missing parts of the puzzle, but they are a lot so we are not done yet.

In that future I saw people using mobile devices. All people were connected with p2p mobile apps that evaded third parties. A global p2p network interconnect them all. These p2p mobile apps were independent of the present-time web. Although some of them consumed some services from there, they lived in a new space formed by all smart-phones interconnected to each other. These app were clients and servers to each other through that p2p network. All information was kept at their mobile devices, spying was something from the past.

Regarding value, people held most of their digital value at their own devices. Their devices were connected to an array of crypto currency networks and legacy currency networks as well. These people were able to choose not matter where they live or where they were born, what currency to use. Loosing a device was not a problem since it was synchronized with all other devices of the same owner, no matter what operating system they were running. That allowed them to hold any amount of value by themselves.

By that time a whole ecosystem of mobile apps had grown to take advantage of that array of monetary options. And by using this new communication p2p network most present-time services had evolved into p2p services: people were able to choose then between the legacy eBay, Uber, Airbnb, etc., or the new p2p versions of each of them, cheaper. Some new companies grew to offer services beyond the matching of buyers and sellers, like insurance, background checks, escrow, etc.

I also saw that these p2p apps where not regular mobile apps. They were built in a smarter way: with reusable open source components and their authors received a stream of monthly micro-payments over a block-chain to maintain them. End users didn't notice that since everything was automated. That was one of the enablers for such a diversity of people to use these technologies: because by recombining components different apps were created for different audiences around the globe easily.

We are not in that future yet but a small crowd of people is already building it.

If you believe getting there makes sense, good, join us a help make this happen.
If you believe we are missing some part of the puzzle, good, tell us what we are missing and we'll fix the plan.

I invite you to read our white paper and give us feedback. Countless hours have been invested on it so far. Part of what you will read there is already implemented and in alpha testing. The blockchain and token chapter is not there yet and it's definitions are still on time to be changed if needed. Your review is very welcomed.

White Paper:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq6JfsbkKrAUFAwWUNyNS12ekU/view

Web Site:

http://www.fermat.org/

Abstract:

Our businesses, purchasing power, savings and personal data have become a playground for hackers, tech giants, marketers, bankers, politicians and other self-interested third parties to pilfer, mine, exploit and otherwise abuse at our expense.

Bitcoin promised a better world. Fermat seeks to deliver it. Through a widely adopted decentralized app framework that incentivizes collaborative development, shared ownership and hyper-customization of modular software, the Project aims to earn widespread mainstream adoption and unshackle free markets, by removing middlemen from their current levels of influence.

Fermat’s central premise is that there is a path to software development that is smarter, better and more efficient than the status quo. The Fermat framework allows anyone from anywhere to collaborate and mutually profit from shared ownership of modular applications: it enables an open-ended stream of micropayments to authors of reusable software components that can be perpetually combined and recombined to create an ever-expanding library of useful, highly-customizable, peer-to-peer commercial applications (apps).

This geo-localized, blockchain-enabled system is built to be user-controlled, censorship-resistant, flexible and scalable – a platform for person-to-person exchange of goods, service, assets and data, free from the whims, risks, costs and interference of unwanted, self-interested third parties who are no longer needed to facilitate the exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:39:17 PM

All the posts were deleted?  Huh

Nonetheless, and as I said before; good luck with this project. looks promising.

when will the wallet be released?

any giveaways?

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:21:58 PM

TL;DR can someone summarize this pls

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
Sergio_Demian_Lerner

Activity: 552
Merit: 621

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 01:52:46 PM

Fermat project is super cool. Luis showed me the platform preview some time ago and it looked solid. Keep an eye on Fermat, or better, participate in it!

Regards,
Sergio.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:55:33 PM

"Bitcoin is a disruptive technology, technically beautiful, but far from the real life John Doe."
I didn't read after this comment. Bitcoin is a great technology and is widely accepted and used by millions of people. If you start your project called Bitcoin disruptive you can't earn any respect here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:07:58 PM

"Bitcoin is a disruptive technology, technically beautiful, but far from the real life John Doe."
I didn't read after this comment. Bitcoin is a great technology and is widely accepted and used by millions of people. If you start your project called Bitcoin disruptive you can't earn any respect here.
is english your first language ?

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
Beam

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:22:51 PM

Surely!! Well said
I don't think that this project will be going anywhere soon or ever.
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:34:07 PM

mining or ico?
rajeshgarnaik

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:36:18 PM

mining or ico?
i think it will be for sure ICO

BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:38:55 PM

mining or ico?
Those kind of project definitely will do ico but i suggest to dev to make this one different by considering special airdrop

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 06:13:54 PM

Nonetheless, and as I said before; good luck with this project. looks promising.

when will the wallet be released?

any giveaways?

Thank you for your words of support. We expect the wallet to be in alpha testing in a month or so, and released in 2-3 months from now. There is already a Fermat APP on the Play Store to try (Alpha) which includes a bitcoin wallet built on top of Fermat, a p2p Chat app, and a few more things. But as I said before the blockchain of our tokens has not yet been implemented.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fermat

There is a bounty program for developers running since Sept 2015 where you can get fermat tokens for building some part of the system. Every dev is invited to join by taking one of the projects on the pipeline:

https://github.com/Fermat-ORG/software-bounty-program

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 07:58:50 PM

Fermat project is super cool. Luis showed me the platform preview some time ago and it looked solid. Keep an eye on Fermat, or better, participate in it!

Regards,
Sergio.

Thank you for the support Sergio!
lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:06:14 AM

Not images, not interested  Grin

Fermat from your name Fernando ?   what an ego  Shocked
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:13:05 AM

Why newbie account?You new here?  Grin
Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:59:04 AM

Not images, not interested  Grin

Fermat from your name Fernando ?   what an ego  Shocked

Fermat comes from Pierre de Fermat... Google could have made you look a lot smarter

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:56:22 PM

where do i send my bitcoins?   I dont see an address.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 12:28:03 PM

mining or ico?

mining or ico?

mining or ico?
Those kind of project definitely will do ico but i suggest to dev to make this one different by considering special airdrop

Our coins will be mineable as soon as we get ready for that. Bear in mind our focus is to build a framework for developing mobile apps. We do need a token system and a blockchain but we invested most of our time on the framework, so it is not ready yet.

There are no plans so far of an ICO, just build an open market for anyone to buy and sell. Early contributors are getting tokens as bounty rewards. Everyone is invited to participate on any of the open projects and get early contributors tokens.

Summary of Open Projects you can join now:

1. Fermat p2p Network (version 1 on alpha)
2. Fermat Framework (version 1 on alpha)
3. Fermat Android Framework (version 1 running)
4. Fermat Blockchain / token system (analysis stage)
5. Fermat Home Nodes micro-economy (to be opened soon)
6. Fermat Developers micro-economy (to be opened soon)
7. Crypto Currency Platform (bitcoin wallet) (version 2 on alpha)
8. Digital Assets Platform (version 1 on alpha)
9. Crypto Broken Platform (version 1 on alpha)
10. Artist Platform (version 1 on alpha)
11. p2p Chat (version 2 on alpha)
12. p2p Online Dating Platform (analysis stage)
13. p2p Taxi Platform (analysis stage)
14. p2p Jobs (analysis stage)
15. p2p Clasiffieds (analysis stage)
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:32:11 PM

Fermat from the name the mathematician who left us with his higly known in the science community "Fermat's last theorem".
Anyway, I still don't see any appeal to this project, and surely calling bitcoin disruptive is not going to get you a lot of sympathy and support here.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 10:56:12 AM

Why newbie account?You new here?  Grin

The account is some years old, but the project was under the radar so no need to post about it before now.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 11:08:06 AM

Anyway, I still don't see any appeal to this project.

Unless you read carefully the white paper you won't see it. I bet you didn't do it. Fortunately a lot of people did and now our main github repo ranks among most active open source projects.

https://github.com/Fermat-ORG/fermat

...and surely calling bitcoin disruptive is not going to get you a lot of sympathy and support here.

From Wikipedia:

A disruptive innovation is an innovation that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market leaders and alliances. The term was defined and phenomenon analyzed by Clayton M. Christensen beginning in 1995.

I am not sure why you have a negative connotation of the word "disruptive" in this context.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: