Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop losses & a canonical list of exchanges?  (Read 478 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 09:44:37 AM

Is there a canonical list of different exchanges/trading sites for Bitcoin? I'm keen to find out if any offer stop losses or if the same functionality can be achieved through the use of a combination of other mechanisms.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 10:12:51 AM

Is there a canonical list of different exchanges/trading sites for Bitcoin?

This would probably be the closest to what you are asking:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

I'm keen to find out if any offer stop losses

Nope.  CampBX in 2011 said that it was coming soon.  So did Mt. Gox, and a few others.   Never happened.

if the same functionality can be achieved through the use of a combination of other mechanisms.

I believe CoinSetter, "launching February 2013", will have stop loss triggers and leverage.  If you still wanted to trade at Mt. Gox for example, but wanted the protection that stop loss offers, you simply have a position on CoinSetter opened when the stop loss trigger occurs -- even if it makes use of margined funds.  Then at some point you can close both your position at Mt. Gox and the position opened when the stop loss trigger fired.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 10:38:21 AM

Thanks, I will look into this. Perhaps this will motivate the incumbent exchanges to provide more features. I do find it troubling that nearly 90% of BTC exchanges go though one exchange. I hope this area re-diversifies soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: