Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:39:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling on ebay...  (Read 8344 times)
Anonymous

October 17, 2010, 12:26:15 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280576563779

Im selling small lots of bitcoins on the Aussie ebay site to see how it goes.

I accept paypal and bank deposit at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2010, 07:32:48 PM

A slightly different idea to promote BTC:

Most of us are users of ebay, I guess...

We could add a comment in all of our selling auctions "we also accept BITCOINS as payment" (see bitcoin.org) If you pay via BITCOINS, you will get a 10% discount.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2010, 11:19:38 PM

Are payments handled buyer-to-seller on Ebay? Or does Ebay act as money middleman?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

October 18, 2010, 11:25:35 PM

Are payments handled buyer-to-seller on Ebay? Or does Ebay act as money middleman?

Yes I have paypal and direct bank deposit setup. Ebay takes a fee on the total cost.

I think ebay's reputation system will help untill we come up with something better.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2010, 11:50:53 PM

So how would selling things for BTC as S3052 suggested work? You tell Ebay what the value of bitcoins is and pay them based on that?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2010, 12:01:37 AM

I think in certain situations you can collect money in whichever way you please - however you must make one of their options available for use as well.

The money never really goes through ebay, it goes from Paypal user to paypal user, and ebay takes out their fee from Paypal later.

Anonymous

October 19, 2010, 12:58:39 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2010, 01:48:39 AM by noagendamarket

So how would selling things for BTC as S3052 suggested work? You tell Ebay what the value of bitcoins is and pay them based on that?

I just set the buy it now price. Ebay doesnt come in to it unless there is an issue. The paypal and bank account are mine not ebay's if you are wondering. Ebay just takes a fee when the item sells.

Maybe a mybitcoin button could be included using the "other payment " option? There is an option to add html to the item description so its an intriguing idea.....

I tried to sell bitcoins on Amazon but there is no way to do it. What I have to do is manually accept bitcoins and buy the amazon products with my credit card.

Give me a suggestion on what you would like to buy through ebay for bitcoins and I will attempt to set it up.

I am thinking of dropshipping amazon products on ebay using bitcoins as payment but that seems like needless fees would be added.  Amazon has a thing called a webstore but i cant find how to set the prices in bitcoins. This really needs a coder to help setup.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
October 19, 2010, 07:12:45 PM

Maybe a mybitcoin button could be included using the "other payment " option? There is an option to add html to the item description so its an intriguing idea.....

That is intriguing.
Are there any eBay sellers on here with the experience to tell us if eBay would allow it?  If it is a legit option, I'll start a bounty with 100BTC for a developer to take this on in the next couple of weeks.
Anonymous

October 20, 2010, 07:34:33 AM

That is intriguing.
Are there any eBay sellers on here with the experience to tell us if eBay would allow it?  If it is a legit option, I'll start a bounty with 100BTC for a developer to take this on in the next couple of weeks.

This is a list of their policies-

Accepted "other payment options"

cash on pickup
bank-to-bank transfer (including by Internet banking)
cash on delivery
bank cheques and personal cheques
money orders
any of these online payment services: Allpay.net, Bidpay, Canadian Tire Money, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Propay.com, XOOM.

Payment methods not permitted on eBay.com.au
 Cash through the mail (cash on pickup or delivery is acceptable)
 Instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram
 Online or other payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy
 “Topping off” a seller’s pre-paid credit card or debit card

hmmm maybe "Online or other payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy" is where bitcoin sits.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
October 20, 2010, 11:18:42 PM

LOL eBay accepts Canadian Tire money?  Well, it is the second national currency of Canada, and has a more solid backing than most of the fiat currencies around!
Anonymous

October 21, 2010, 12:46:33 AM

LOL eBay accepts Canadian Tire money?  Well, it is the second national currency of Canada, and has a more solid backing than most of the fiat currencies around!

lmao it is pretty funny when you think about it.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:53:12 AM

lmao it is pretty funny when you think about it.

I learn something new today! Canadian tires!

The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 09:41:18 AM

I have Canadian Tire money kicking around. Let me know if you want to trade Bitcoins for it. Wink
Anonymous

October 21, 2010, 10:25:06 AM

I have Canadian Tire money kicking around. Let me know if you want to trade Bitcoins for it. Wink

really? Id never heard of it before I found it mentioned on ebay!
The Madhatter

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 10:31:37 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2010, 10:43:04 AM by The Madhatter

Yup. A lot of local merchants in Canada accept it as money. I can actually go to a few bars near me and buy beer with Canadian Tire money. Tongue

It is a form of scrip actually, not money. It isn't legal tender here. It is "store credit". It is also completely unregulated by our government so it could be a good fit for Bitcoin.

I just added Canadian Tire money to Bitcoin4Cash.com, mostly for giggles. I'm also in the process of acquiring more of it. Cheesy

Here is a photo of what the scrip looks like: http://www.pennylicious.com/images/2006-09/canadian-tire-money.jpg It has standard security features such as microprint, raised ink, and planchettes.

The man on the notes is a fictional character called "Sandy McTire". Don't ask.  Roll Eyes
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 10:46:13 AM

The man on the notes is a fictional character called "Sandy McTire". Don't ask.  Roll Eyes

Probably your Dad!

The Madhatter

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 10:51:36 AM

Hahahahaha!  Grin
Anonymous

October 21, 2010, 11:10:08 AM

What would a crispy $10 Aus note get me in canadian tire money ?  Cheesy

Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 11:15:55 AM

I don't know about the Australian ebay, but tire money is available for sale on ebay here in the States as well.

The Madhatter

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 11:22:03 AM

I didn't know you could get your hands on them in the USA. Hmm.. this could work.

noagendamarket: I would gladly trade you BTC for Canadian Tire money straight across with no commissions. I have a hard time actually trading AUD back to my customers or even converting it into CAD/USD. The local banks rip me off so bad on AUD to CAD exchange. (Almost 8%) Sad

Haha! Forget creating a Bitcoin note to be circulated. We should just use unregulated can tire scrip. I can repatriate it as people need their BTC back. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: