Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling on ebay...  (Read 8344 times)
Anonymous

October 21, 2010, 11:36:44 AM

I didn't know you could get your hands on them in the USA. Hmm.. this could work.

noagendamarket: I would gladly trade you BTC for Canadian Tire money straight across with no commissions. I have a hard time actually trading AUD back to my customers or even converting it into CAD/USD. The local banks rip me off so bad on AUD exchanges. Sad

Haha! Forget creating a Bitcoin note to be circulated. We should just use unregulated can tire scrip. I can repatriate it as people need their BTC back. Tongue

Dude I could help you with your Aus dollar situation. I have an account at currencyfair linked to my bank which is the only way I can get money in. Send your notes to me and Ill swap them to US dollars and deposit them to your bank.

Grin

Ive also got  coins I need to sell and dont want to pay  paypal "con"version fees. Whats the cost for insured mail from Canada to Aus? Send me a pm .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:15:05 PM

You have a PM. Smiley
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:20:44 PM

If we could figure out a way to setup an exchange where people could sell their Canadian Tire money for bitcoins, that would:
1) probably be a news story in Canada
2) give bitcoin credibility with millions of Canadians

Now if we could figure out a way to get Tim Hortons to accept bitcoin!

Actually, expanding on the first idea.
If there are any loyalty/affinity programs (airline points, hotel points) that allow users to transfer their points online to other users, that might be a good place to implement bitcoin as a payment solution.  Likewise if there are any social games/online games that allow the transfer or points/gold/virtual currency...
The Madhatter

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:27:48 PM

If we could figure out a way to setup an exchange where people could sell their Canadian Tire money for bitcoins, that would:

Done. Bitcoin4Cash

I'd gladly mail a Timcard to anyone who sent me Bitcoins for one. Smiley

Cheers!
The Madhatter
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:47:58 PM

Madhatter,

Do you realize that, if your mailman ever finds about your business, you're screwed? I mean, you're clients will be... :-P

Cross your fingers for it to never happen! (or consider accepting named bank checks, but then your anonymity is gone...)
The Madhatter

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 12:53:22 PM

Do you realize that, if your mailman ever finds about your business, you're screwed? I mean, you're clients will be... :-P

I have 8 mailboxes on different carrier routes. If I suspect something is up, I just switch addresses and change names. Smiley
Anonymous

October 21, 2010, 01:04:01 PM

Madhatter,

Cross your fingers for it to never happen! (or consider accepting named bank checks, but then your anonymity is gone...)

You underestimate mr madhatter  Smiley
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2010, 01:52:49 PM

You underestimate mr madhatter  Smiley

Yes, I did!  Tongue

Sorry for that!
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2010, 12:31:20 AM

http://bitcoin-otc.com can do canadian tire money - or any other form of currency. otc ftw. Smiley

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2010, 02:18:52 AM

Done. Bitcoin4Cash

I'd gladly mail a Timcard to anyone who sent me Bitcoins for one. Smiley

Cheers!
The Madhatter

wow, Canadian Tire money at the same rate as the Loonie!  Now that is a sweet deal.  Now to scour kijiji for Cdn Tire money at a discount.

Here's a tongue-in-check article on the Cdn Tire money economy: http://www.badeconomy.ca/corporate/277-canadian-tire-money-may-collapse-soon
The Madhatter

View Profile
October 22, 2010, 06:04:17 PM

wow, Canadian Tire money at the same rate as the Loonie!  Now that is a sweet deal.  Now to scour kijiji for Cdn Tire money at a discount.

I have to start the market rate somewhere. Tongue

Here's a tongue-in-check article on the Cdn Tire money economy: http://www.badeconomy.ca/corporate/277-canadian-tire-money-may-collapse-soon

That URL 404s for me. Sad I already have people sending me Can Tire money! Haha. I'll eventually be able to buy that welder I always wanted!  Go Sandy McTire! Cheesy
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 03:17:38 AM

I already have people sending me Can Tire money! Haha. I'll eventually be able to buy that welder I always wanted!  Go Sandy McTire! Cheesy

There is a bitcoin public relations coup in there somewhere.  If we can figure out how to leverage it....

Maybe on bourque.com or nationalnewswatch.com... thinking, thinking....
Anonymous

October 23, 2010, 03:23:06 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2010, 04:03:53 AM by noagendamarket

There is a bitcoin public relations coup in there somewhere.  If we can figure out how to leverage it....

Maybe on bourque.com or nationalnewswatch.com... thinking, thinking....
It just proves businesses love coupons...

Maybe we can follow the lead of ctm and introduce bitcoin coupons that are reedeemable for ...wait for it.....bitcoins  Shocked

http://www.ehow.com/how_5153358_make-own-coupons.html this article tells you how to make coupons using microsoft office Smiley  

It could be a way to market  to your customers. For instance a bitcoin coupon when redeemed for goods might be worth 10 per cent back. To get the discount the customer just goes to mybitcoin and collects the refund deposited by the retailer. Just like cash as long as you didnt lose the coupon you would be able to redeem it...or trade it for something else.

Some companies give people codes to promote on the web and people can enter those at the checkout to get a discount,with the promoter getting a cut.

Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 11:10:36 AM

Official word from ebay on selling bitcoins on their site:

Although Bitcoins is not a game currency, it is still
considered digital currency and it requires a peer-to-peer transfer as
all online currency.  Therefore it is not allowed on eBay.  Also,
Bitcoins would be considered currency because you can redeem it for
items.

Please do not list this item.

Thank you again for contacting us prior to selling your Bitcoins. We
appreciate that you choose to use eBay.

Sincerely,
Ning M.

eBay Customer Support

Anonymous

October 23, 2010, 12:00:07 PM

Official word from ebay on selling bitcoins on their site:

Although Bitcoins is not a game currency, it is still
considered digital currency and it requires a peer-to-peer transfer as
all online currency.  Therefore it is not allowed on eBay.  Also,
Bitcoins would be considered currency because you can redeem it for
items.

Please do not list this item.

Thank you again for contacting us prior to selling your Bitcoins. We
appreciate that you choose to use eBay.

Sincerely,
Ning M.

eBay Customer Support

Well at least we know....

Is there anything stopping people buying products on behalf of other people ?
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 12:06:52 PM

You mean like tangible goods? If you're trying to ship it to another address, you would have to convince the seller to allow it I'd think, but I don't think you'd have certain paypal protections if you did this.

Anonymous

October 23, 2010, 02:33:46 PM

You mean like tangible goods? If you're trying to ship it to another address, you would have to convince the seller to allow it I'd think, but I don't think you'd have certain paypal protections if you did this.

You are probably right.

I cant even get a partner affiliate there to offer bitcoins when people use an ebay link to shop...

Ebay fail....
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 02:56:34 PM

It is a pity that ebay does not allow bitcoins.

But this is not surprising because they own paypal, and they will do everything possible to defend it. (look at the last week's earning release from ebay. one key driver for profit growth was paypal...)

I think we need to find another way to make bitcoins used as payment vehicle , i.e.
* making biddingpond big (but this is tough, because first bitcoins needs to be more uniserval before enough people see this as an alternative to other auction companies)
* work with competitors of ebay (they may have an interest to fight against ebay / paypal)
* amazon
* etc.

Anonymous

October 23, 2010, 03:33:25 PM

It is a pity that ebay does not allow bitcoins.

But this is not surprising because they own paypal, and they will do everything possible to defend it. (look at the last week's earning release from ebay. one key driver for profit growth was paypal...)

I think we need to find another way to make bitcoins used as payment vehicle , i.e.
* making biddingpond big (but this is tough, because first bitcoins needs to be more uniserval before enough people see this as an alternative to other auction companies)
* work with competitors of ebay (they may have an interest to fight against ebay / paypal)
* amazon
* etc.

Im waiting on a response from amazon about listing bitcoins in their marketplace. A decent front end to an amazon web store would be nice.
matador

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 04:41:55 PM

Another bank account based payment processor that I found is Alert Pay.

It is Canadian Based.  It requires a businesses and users to be verified, which will instill confidence with transactors.

It comes complete with API integration for a website.

Credit Card based transactions is also possible for the brave - but those preferring more secure, non-chargeback transactions - bank transfers are offered.

To get your FREE account with AlertPay, click on this link:  https://www.alertpay.com/?hr8ZCMa6QOBJpH0tRiiz3w%3d%3d

If you do not mind, I will get referral fees if you click on the link, as I have also gone through a lot of trouble of searching for a true, fully international, western based, stable payment processor alternative to paypal which offers bank transfers.

Hope this might assist you all in your international bank account transfer transaction dealings in Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: