Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! Great read. Bitcoin is definately busted. Here is why...  (Read 1167 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:37:34 AM

This pretty much says it all in very good detail.

https://medium.com/the-coinbase-blog/ethereum-is-the-forefront-of-digital-currency-5300298f6c75#.pkpvquo2o

Bitcoin is in very big trouble because Core is such a mess. 
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:59:34 AM

Yeah, using a link that talks about ethereum and the dao is a very good way to back up your claims that bitcoin is busted..

When will it get through to you all that bitcoin and ethereum are different things and used for different things?

Bitcoin might be in a mess regarding the way it is going, but it has been for a long time now and it is not a reason for collapse anymore. It is working at the moment and the stuff that is debated about is stuff that will come in the future (Ok, have to admint transactions can take quite long now, and fees are increasing).
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:00:43 AM

DOA says it all

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:01:03 AM

I am not a technical guy so I don't want to go in to that nitty-gritty.

But the success not always depends on the technology. There is something called "Public sentiment".

And I think, being a pioneer in crypto currency world, bitcoin has own the hearts of millions and it will help bitcoin survive.

UngratefulTony

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:12:32 AM

Yeah, using a link that talks about ethereum and the dao is a very good way to back up your claims that bitcoin is busted..

When will it get through to you all that bitcoin and ethereum are different things and used for different things?

Bitcoin might be in a mess regarding the way it is going, but it has been for a long time now and it is not a reason for collapse anymore. It is working at the moment and the stuff that is debated about is stuff that will come in the future (Ok, have to admint transactions can take quite long now, and fees are increasing).

Thanks for being honest with this part. That's the truth of the matter, and explains the situation as it is unfolding today, ETH is going to mop up all the investment, transactions, and users that can't fit in a 1MB block BTC.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:14:40 AM

Thanks for being honest with this part. That's the truth of the matter, and explains the situation as it is unfolding today, ETH is going to mop up all the investment, transactions, and users that can't fit in a 1MB block BTC.

Eth is not made for transactions. It was never meant to be a currency, therefore it will not replace bitcoin in that regard.

The Eth network is also clogging up due to the massive amount of transactions that were not expected. Their blockchain is bloating every minute.

For investments and building projects on top, eth is probably going to take the major share, but for store of wealth and transactions, it will not.
UngratefulTony

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:24:45 AM

Eth is not made for transactions. It was never meant to be a currency, therefore it will not replace bitcoin in that regard.

The Eth network is also clogging up due to the massive amount of transactions that were not expected. Their blockchain is bloating every minute.

For investments and building projects on top, eth is probably going to take the major share, but for store of wealth and transactions, it will not.

Urgent:

Tell these people to stop transferring wealth and making transactions 40,000 times per day! It's not made for it, and my hdd will be full soon! Will someone pleeease think of the rasberry pi's!

Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:38:10 AM

So many pessimists around here. You just don't believe that bitcoin is still thriving, and ethereum is going to die off soon, do you? Ethereum is as someone before me said never designed to be a currency. Instead it's an asset that's held.

The only reason the amount of transactions are going up is because Ethereum is getting pumped and dumped and when an altcoin is doing that it has to be done through an exchange. And more exchanges = more transactions. I doubt the majority of them are even actually legit transactions for purchases.

Bitcoin's problems can definitely be fixed. I trust the developers to do them.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:43:10 AM

is the Bitcoin mining power still going up steeply

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 06:47:08 AM

Bitcoin's problems can definitely be fixed. I trust the developers to do them.

uh, mmmm, it's a trustless system.  When the community relies on trust, it is de facto proof of network failure.  You lose. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:57:09 AM

Urgent:

Tell these people to stop transferring wealth and making transactions 40,000 times per day! It's not made for it, and my hdd will be full soon! Will someone pleeease think of the rasberry pi's!

I can't get my Mist to catch up.  How are people supposed to use Ether if they can only really store them at an exchange.
Luckily I only have a small number of Ether in my wallet, but it seems crazy to me that my mid-range laptop can't sync with the Ether network.

Geth just stops updating after a while, so I can't just leave it on, before anyone says.
BackInTardis

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:37:48 PM

So now I have 1000 hours of research to do on Ethereum. You turn your back for five seconds and the whole Crypto world changes.
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:48:41 PM

I dont'd see bitcoin and ethereum targeting exactly the same audience and doing the same job. So I don't see your point. The points you raised are certainly true, but I see new developments and solutions (sidechains for example) coming.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:32:06 PM

This is just a FUD attempt against status quo. Brian will try just about anything to get his way at this point, but it isn't working. Coinbase is positioning itself for profit; they don't care which currency is at the top.

You turn your back for five seconds and the whole Crypto world changes.
Nothing has changed aside from 'controversial HF groups' trying to attack Bitcoin in different ways now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
biggbox

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:50:27 PM

Strange, if I am not mistaken, ether's supply is infinite. What is the value of an item if its supply is unlimited?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Strange, if I am not mistaken, ether's supply is infinite. What is the value of an item if its supply is unlimited?
yes,someone told us with good chart that etherum supply is unlimited,little bit worry this kind of situation will compete bitcoin as lead of crypto currency,because now i dont have etherum yet,i wish etherum not too fast being better crypto currency.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:31:20 PM

You definitely seem mistaken.As far as I know,total supply of ETH is limited to 80,371,370.66 and the market capitalization of $986,960,431.The value of the item doesn't depend on the supply but the demand.
The above article is however is an FUD attempt in favor of bitcoins which is not something new,its happening since the launch of ETH. Companies like IBM and Unisys are utilizing blockchain to develop IOt applications and let me give you a good news ,ETH is not their choice.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:35:25 PM

Great technology and fast development, even so i don't see anyone who use Ethereum as currency? Isn't Ethereum supposed to be a cryptocurrency?
I think Ethereum and Bitcoin are different, so even if Ethereum become more popular, there's no way Bicoin will be busted.

Also, i feel Ethereum isn't decentralized at all Sad
Yes actually i also have similar thought i don't see ethereum as a pure crypto decentralized and can be trusted like bitcoin. When bitcoin block size debate get solved bitcoin will be more useful but i can't ignore that eth also have lots of potential in future. Staking both will be great move before block halving.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 03:38:00 PM

Great technology and fast development, even so i don't see anyone who use Ethereum as currency?
You can only use it at remote service as the merchant adoption is very low in comparison to Bitcoin. The idea behind ETH was never to use it as a currency.

quote author=Patatas link=topic=1484353.msg14966318#msg14966318 date=1464190280]
You definitely seem mistaken.As far as I know,total supply of ETH is limited to 80,371,370.66.
[/quote]
Why would he be mistaken if ETH is going to transition to POS? POS effectively means infinite supply.

The value of the item doesn't depend on the supply but the demand.
Wrong. It depends on both the supply and demand.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:39:58 PM

This pretty much says it all in very good detail.

https://medium.com/the-coinbase-blog/ethereum-is-the-forefront-of-digital-currency-5300298f6c75#.pkpvquo2o

Bitcoin is in very big trouble because Core is such a mess. 

I like the part where is says ur a DKHD

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: