Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Register of Moderator Interests  (Read 2446 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

If you want I can show you a pic of my sexual organ.
Financial interests I only reveal to my accountant. It's none of your business.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CharlieContent (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:45:21 AM

Well, I'm seeing that you guys aren't really interested in transparency and accountability.

It makes no difference to me, I know that I won't be taken in by scams and poor products even if the moderators are pushing them and suppressing criticism.

Psy, it's ironic that you would come in here and criticise this idea, since it is actually designed to protect gullible people like yourself. How much did you lose to Pirate again?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:48:13 AM

Well, I'm seeing that you guys aren't really interested in transparency and accountability.

It makes no difference to me, I know that I won't be taken in by scams and poor products even if the moderators are pushing them and suppressing criticism.

Psy, it's ironic that you would come in here and criticise this idea, since it is actually designed to protect gullible people like yourself. How much did you lose to Pirate again?

Ah, he kept 1500 BTC from me, it doesn't mean I lost them. Chump change. I'm still here and not in poverty. Could you say the same if it happened to you?

I don't want your protection and never asked for it. And the word is greedy, not gullible.
You don't know the spirit in which I deposited the coins with pirate, so, don't speculate...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 10:51:39 AM

Ah yes, bitcointalk must strive to be as similar to the British parliament as humanly possible. It is such a great paragon of transparency and justice that us mere mortals can only aspire to.

Oh for fucks sake don't - Sincerely, British Citizen who has been born here and lived here since 1990

It reminds me of Americans who have this stereotypical view about the British and how we all speak in posh accents and everythings in Victorian times and we're really polite, you are going to have your entire world come crashing down if you ever actually visit here lol.
Turn on your sarcasm detector.

Posting for the sake of Americans as well who have no idea about us Tongue
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

Ah, he kept 1500 BTC from me, it doesn't mean I lost them. Chump change. I'm still here and not in poverty. Could you say the same if it happened to you?

Yes I could. I currently hold a good bit more coins than that, and my risk management policy is to only keep money in coins that I can comfortably afford to lose. I've lost more than $63,000 in high risk ventures before. I wouldn't call it "chump change" because I have more respect for money than that, but losses like that are manageable in relation to my current financial situation. I suspect your "chump change" rhetoric is nothing more than bravado anyway.

The difference is, of course, that I lost nothing with Pirate.  I would never put money into a ponzi scheme. I suspect that I'm at least as greedy as you, but nowhere near as stupid.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:54:13 PM

Yes I could. I currently hold a good bit more coins than that, and my risk management policy is to only keep money in coins that I can comfortably afford to lose. I've lost more than $63,000 in high risk ventures before. I wouldn't call it "chump change" because I have more respect for money than that, but losses like that are manageable in relation to my current financial situation. I suspect your "chump change" rhetoric is nothing more than bravado anyway.

The difference is, of course, that I lost nothing with Pirate.  I would never put money into a ponzi scheme. I suspect that I'm at least as greedy as you, but nowhere near as stupid.

Like I said
1- You don't know why I put the money there
2- You don't know how much I put in there
3- You don't know how much I withdrawn
4- You don't even know if I lost a single satoshi with it
5- You don't know me, how I live, where I live, what I do for a living or how much I earn

And yet, here you are jumping into conclusions with no data whatsoever to base them on and I'm the stupid?
I'm see more stupidity in your statements than on my failed "investment".
CharlieContent (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:24:39 AM

There is no clever reason to do so.

Any amount is too much.

Even if you withdrew money, it doesn't make it a wise decision.

Even if you were fortunate enough to gain money, it would still have been a stupid risk.

5- You don't know me, how I live, where I live, what I do for a living or how much I earn

I have a few £50 notes in my wallet now. I could take them out, set them on fire, and I'd never feel the difference or miss the money. It would still be a completely stupid thing to do, would it not?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:40:11 AM

There is no clever reason to do so.

Any amount is too much.

Even if you withdrew money, it doesn't make it a wise decision.

Even if you were fortunate enough to gain money, it would still have been a stupid risk.

I have a few £50 notes in my wallet now. I could take them out, set them on fire, and I'd never feel the difference or miss the money. It would still be a completely stupid thing to do, would it not?

I can't say a decision is stupid when I have no data whatsoever on why the decision was made, and you shouldn't also.
I don't know why you are burning the bills, so maybe it isn't stupid after all.
Things aren't as black and white as you want them to be.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: