Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet taking too long to synch and crashed so I have to start over agai  (Read 1060 times)
bitbets (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:06:11 AM

Bitcoin wallet taking too long to synch and crashes so I have to start over again,
and it took alot of bandwidth to try three times in a row and added $50 one month and $70 the next month,
to my internet bills.

So I don't have a bitcoin wallet anymore, it cost me all that, and wouldn't synch, and crashes.

Anyone have tips to help me get a bitcoin wallet again?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 10:07:37 AM

Bitcoin wallet taking too long to synch and crashes so I have to start over again,
and it took alot of bandwidth to try three times in a row and added $50 one month and $70 the next month,
to my internet bills.

So I don't have a bitcoin wallet anymore, it cost me all that, and wouldn't synch, and crashes.

If this is really an issue for you, i'd go for an SPV wallet like electrum or multibit HD. They only sync the headers, so it's really small, while still relatively safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitbets (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:15:09 AM

to my internet bills.

If this is really an issue for you, i'd go for an SPV wallet like electrum or multibit HD. They only sync the headers, so it's really small, while still relatively safe.

It really is an issue. I like to have a bitcoin wallet. There are altcoins but many of those wallets also are not synching or have other troubles too. I will look into what you said though. Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 10:19:49 AM

to my internet bills.

It really is an issue. I like to have a bitcoin wallet. There are altcoins but many of those wallets also are not synching or have other troubles too. I will look into what you said though. Smiley

Just to clarify: an SPV wallet IS a bitcoin wallet, just not bitcoin core Smiley
It's still a piece of software that manages your bitcoin private keys, and adds some coin controll. It still keeps all your private keys on your own pc, so it's not an altcoin wallet, nor a web wallet...

I'd suggest using electrum if you really have that much troubles running the core wallet, don't forget to write down your seed words and use a strong password Smiley (the seed words are used to restore your wallet, so you don't have to backup your wallet.dat anymore, just keep the piece of paper on which you wrote the seed words safe... Anybody getting their hands on those words can steal your coins!!!)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
2c0de

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:18:08 AM

to my internet bills.

Sure. Satoshi wallet is fully validating, offering the highest level of security. By using it you are your own bank.

It downloads and verifies whole blockchain containing every payment since Bitcoin creation in 2009. This is huge,now 70GB.

Make sure your Data directory has at least 80gb free space.

Sure. Visit your  Data directory . Inside, you see wallet.dat - never touch this file. never delete this file. If you are afraid backup this file by copying just to be sure. OTHERWISE, you will lose ALL your funds

1. Delete blocks and chainstate left over from previous failed synchronisations.

2. Start Bitcoin, let it synchronize until it catch up to current week. This can take 10 hours or maybe 2 days.

3. When Bitcoin is synchronized turn it off and backup  blocks and chainstate  to your backup disk.

4. Congratulations ! You will never have to synchronize again in your life, because you can just delete blocks and chainstate and put the backup in there.

DHjxvnHB9RirtPbvkovSotn1fY2poNffoi
LWeT4wwDVdJ9x49UcXPyS6CznRpbQFM6nx
0x96273C2FD825f0A2745d917bbbfabD6032dC1aDD
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:23:07 PM

to my internet bills.
Probably you should not use CORE if downloading the data is not-so-cost efficient for you.More information about your computer would have been easier to follow the issue.Frequent files crashes are due to slow computers.Don't think of getting core synced if you're using one of the 1990 Computers.

You don't need Core or the entire blockchain to run a bitcoin wallet,there are other lightweight options available.Check out and download here [Download Links Below]

Download Electrum

Download Multi-Bit

(Both are Desktop Wallets)
shotev

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:16:49 AM

to my internet bills.

Why not use a web wallet if the network connection for you so problematic and this option does not seem safe to you?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 09:49:25 AM

to my internet bills.

Why not use a web wallet if the network connection for you so problematic and this option does not seem safe to you?

I'd personally would advise anybody to be careful with web wallets. The thing is that you're not 100% in controll of your own private keys, so you're not 100% in controll of your own funds.
Like i said, and Patatas confirmed: if core is to heavy for you pc, you can always go for an SPV wallet (electrum, multibit HD,..)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:24:59 PM

Electrum is an easy Bitcoin wallet choice... as it dont have to download the entire blockchain likebitcoincore do, it is really lightweight , without syncing issues.. i suggest to OP to give it a try...., as already mentioned few posts above  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: