Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia’s National Settlement Depository Successfully Tests E-Voting with NXT  (Read 1435 times)
farl4web (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:03:58 PM

Great news for the Nxt community! The National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, has developed and successfully tested an e-proxy voting system running on a distributed ledger built with the NXT distributed cryptographic platform.

Nxt was carefully chosen above Bitcoin and Ethereum, because Nxt is fully functional and working for years successfully decentralized.  Smiley

Rymanov explained that the NSD’s e-proxy voting proof-of-concept (PoC) project specifications required setting up a private permissioned blockchain where every node participating in the network is known, and included a number of specific challenges related to processing capacity and permission-based access to the data. According to Rymanov, other blockchain technologies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum couldn’t meet the project’s requirements with an out-of-the-box solution, which motivated the choice of the NXT platform.

“Using the proof-of-work (PoW) Bitcoin blockchain would have potentially created a situation where a particular node with a superior computing power could gain an unfair advantage over its peers, thus jeopardizing the security of the network and, if being a malicious actor, could rig the results of the vote,” said Rymanov. “Furthermore, we see PoW systems as an unnecessary drain on resources in private permissioned blockchains.”

“With regards to Ethereum, our team has been in touch with the Ethereum core developers and has been informed that the current limit on processing is around 60 transactions per second,” added Rymanov. “However, even though Ethereum offered a huge improvement both in functionality and processing speed over Bitcoin blockchain, it did not match the NSD requirements.”

“After a careful consideration we have selected NXT,” Rymanov said. “The proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain has provided us with enough flexibility to architect a solution that is scalable, stable and with processing capabilities well in the range of NSD expectations. In the lab environment we have pushed DSX fork of NXT to process up to 800 transactions per second. With the custom developed e-proxy voting module running on top of the NXT fork we have stabilized the system at 80 votes per second, which is 160 transactions per second reaching a notable result in line with NSD expectations.”

Read more here:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/russia-s-national-settlement-depository-successfully-tests-blockchain-based-e-voting-system-1464198071
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:12:59 PM

In the lab environment we have pushed DSX fork of NXT to process up to 800 transactions per second. With the custom developed e-proxy voting module running on top of the NXT fork we have stabilized the system at 80 votes per second, which is 160 transactions per second reaching a notable result in line with NSD expectations.”

Wait, whut?
NXT with 800 TPS?
I thought they only allowed 255 tx / block and 1 minute blocks?

Are they running a modifided version?
libertynow

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 07:52:49 PM

A lot of good things going on with NXT right now besides the fact that it's still head and shoulders the best decentralized Asset Exchange out there.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:59:56 PM

In the lab environment we have pushed DSX fork of NXT to process up to 800 transactions per second. With the custom developed e-proxy voting module running on top of the NXT fork we have stabilized the system at 80 votes per second, which is 160 transactions per second reaching a notable result in line with NSD expectations.”

Wait, whut?
NXT with 800 TPS?

Yes, they forked the Nxt source code and tuned it. We'll soon see how they did it when they publish their modifications!  Shocked

Very exciting news, good days for Nxt ahead!
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
farl4web (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:25:02 PM

A lot of good things going on with NXT right now besides the fact that it's still head and shoulders the best decentralized Asset Exchange out there.

Yep, good times ahead. And I heard more big shots are interested in using Nxt for serious work.  Smiley
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 08:08:58 AM

Wait, whut?
NXT with 800 TPS?

255 tx / block is an artificial limit, like 1MB block limit in Bitcoin.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:24:42 AM

Cool!  Smiley

Do you think this will translate into a price bump? NXT needs it asap!
Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

NXT has the potential to hit 3000 TPS if modified and closed loop Nodes

farl4web (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:35:25 AM

Added the news to Nxt.org:  Smiley

https://nxt.org/russias-central-securities-depository-uses-nxt-blockchain-voting/
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:31:48 AM

Why is this in the "announcements" section and not in the normal Altcoin discussion section?
farl4web (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:08:22 PM

Why is this in the "announcements" section and not in the normal Altcoin discussion section?

I thought this fits the best. Huh It's more an news topic, sorry if I made a mistake.
Hachoir

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:40:30 PM

Finally some acknowledgement of Nxt's technology. That's good to see.

Nxt is better than ethereum.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
LINKBUILD asset • Join crowdfunding Linkbuilding.io • Dividend+commission+signature-rewards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
farl4web (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:24:19 PM

Nxt isn't a promise like Ethereum, Lisk, Waves, etc.. It's a safe investment because it's working already and it's proven good and safe.
Tacata

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 03:53:46 PM

Nxt isn't a promise like Ethereum, Lisk, Waves, etc.. It's a safe investment because it's working already and it's proven good and safe.

Its shows that NXT is a secure and nice investment.
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:17:31 PM

Exciting news indeed.  Smiley

FREEDOM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: