Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chief Architect for new Cryptocurrency Project  (Read 1001 times)
iAMinspec.tor (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:59:34 PM

I am looking for a Chief Architect to oversee and manage the development of a brand new cryptocurrency.  Please, add me on skype: vcrocko

About the project
I'm building a new cryptocurrency protocol, that utilizes a programming language that will allow people to easily develop applications on top of it. The project intends to support fintech programmers by providing them with a suitable mechanism to distribute and monetize their applications, and also to distribute incentives to these programmers

Required Skills
The candidate should meet these requirements,
  • Knowledgeable in systems architecture using design patterns with multiple languages and frameworks
  • Experience with the major programming languages
  • Linux system administration skills
  • Broad understanding of security threats
  • Scaling systems using AWS or Google Cloud services
  • Familiarity with basic cryptography terms and principles

You will be a part of a team that includes business strategists and branding experts. Your sole responsibility will be to produce cost efficient applications and to manage the development of our currency.

This is a great opportunity for a developer who is looking to join a team of proactive individuals with expertise in their own respective fields. Could lead to a long term business relationship for someone that is willing to be a loyal team player

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toodamntired

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:37:27 AM

It definitely sounds interesting and something I would definitely be interested in. I do have to admit that I Know HTML5/CSS and Python only at this point. I start my C++ semester in a month and then will do php and java in the fall, with javascript, asp.net and then some advanced in these same languages. I am confident in my ability to code what I know already and confident in my ability to expand my knowledge greatly, but I cannot say that I can handle anything major. If its a case where time is not of an essence and there will be others with more experience in python also working on the team, then I would love to help where I can.

Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:33:02 AM

It definitely sounds interesting and something I would definitely be interested in. I do have to admit that I Know HTML5/CSS and Python only at this point. I start my C++ semester in a month and then will do php and java in the fall, with javascript, asp.net and then some advanced in these same languages. I am confident in my ability to code what I know already and confident in my ability to expand my knowledge greatly, but I cannot say that I can handle anything major. If its a case where time is not of an essence and there will be others with more experience in python also working on the team, then I would love to help where I can.

Posting this for a matter of public safety even though this could back fire for me personally.

Just a heads up: the guy you're applying to is the same individual who tried to manipulate me into working for him for free under extremely suspicious circumstances. The OP strongly implied that it was a paid position and even agreed to my initial quote. But then after our second discussion it became clear to me that he never had any intention of paying and was only interested in trying to recruit someone desperate enough to join his “proactive” team of "business strategists and branding experts" for the dubious promise of future profits (the euphemism given here is written as “long term business relationship for someone that is willing to be a loyal team player.”)

My best guess is that they're a professional group of pump and dump scammers operating right here on Bitcointalk's IPO board -- though I admit that I have no direct evidence to support this. I'm basing this guess mostly on interviews that I've had with other developers who have fallen for similar scams and based on how the OP has conducted his behavior. Because of this, I believe that the intention behind this project is to try manipulate developers into creating new cryptocurrencies for free and having them lend their name to the project to establish legitimacy in order to dupe investors.

You'll notice that the OP lists no names of anyone associated with the project. No company website, not a shred of evidence a legitimate company, project, or persons behind it exist. Every point of contact given is an alias and there's probably a very good reason for that – he has something to hide. So I'd strongly suggest anyone dealing with this individual to proceed with extreme caution and if you really want a job in the Bitcoin space: there are plenty of legitimate companies out there who are hiring blockchain developers at the moment. Just go attend any Bitcoin Meetup in any major city and talk to some recruiters there.

(For future reference I have no problems with working for equity with legitimate companies and individuals, but only for the right team, and certainly not for a bunch of shady, manipulative, shitcoin promoters.)

More details about this scam are available here: http://roberts.pm/conman
iAMinspec.tor (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:15:33 PM

Everything that the poster above has said is true. Slight overkill though.

We spoke, he quoted me $64 - $110 for the job. I thought this was for the entire job, but it was an hourly quote. He then quoted $19,000 and then finally $8,000

I offered him $1,000 upfront, he declined. Fair enough

So if you're looking to take the position, be aware that you will not be getting $19K, $8K etc for this job.

$1,000 will be the max spend

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:06:11 PM

Since I have read all the comments above and being a developer myself,how are you planning to pay people upfront without getting the Job Done? Maybe you can use an escrow ? If the stats mentioned by second poster is true,I insist you to give more details about your team or fairly a website ? You know IPO scams right,moreover you don't need that experienced programmer to work on a Alt coin if he has "basic" knowledge of cryptocurrencies.You can probably get a reputable escrow and keep all the activities transparent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: