Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed BTC Mining Issues  (Read 1220 times)
abcminer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:48:04 AM

Hoping someone with Gridseed 5-chip device can help. I can mine LTC no problem but when trying to use any cgminer for bitcoin mining, I get a high level of LW (Local Work) completed, but nothing seems to hash back to the pool.
The error I am seeing upon running in debug mode is the following:
GSD0: GetResults (amt=0 err=-7 ern=110)

I am running with the following command with cgminer 3.8.5
/cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u user -p password --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=800,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16 --hotplug=0

I've tried every GridSeed cgminer variant out there and seeing what my options are. I'm just testing with 1 right now, but same behaviour with other GridSeed devices.
My setup is the following: Dedicated 12V 5A power supply for GridSeed
5A 4 port USB hub with only the GridSeed attached
Running Ubuntu 15.10

I would really like to get the GridSeeds working if in fact they can mind BTC at 10Gh/s and LTC at 300kh/s
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:04:15 AM

Given that most current or recent ASIC are measured in TERAHASH/s (1000 GH), there really isn't much point to trying to mine Bitcoin on the old Gridseed GC3355 based gear like the Orb. Even if you got them working on BTC you'd be putting a lot more money into the electric to run them for a day than they'd mine in a year (unless you have FREE electric, then it's STILL a ton more profitable to stick with mining Scrypt).

They CAN be profitable - BARELY - if you have cheap enough electric on Litecoin for now.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ravecoin_radio

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 10:06:32 AM

Given that most current or recent ASIC are measured in TERAHASH/s (1000 GH), there really isn't much point to trying to mine Bitcoin on the old Gridseed GC3355 based gear like the Orb. Even if you got them working on BTC you'd be putting a lot more money into the electric to run them for a day than they'd mine in a year (unless you have FREE electric, then it's STILL a ton more profitable to stick with mining Scrypt).

They CAN be profitable - BARELY - if you have cheap enough electric on Litecoin for now.

Agreed, it was BARELY even profitable to mine SHA-256 when they first came out, definitely not now.  If you don't get free power, then I would say don't bother trying to mine both.  Stick to Scrypt.  How many miners are you running?  It could be your power supply isnt powerful enough to power the BTC mining so thats why it is throwing errors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: