Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 04:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie help with first mining rig - Radeon 6570  (Read 4708 times)
wtfaremypants (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:53:28 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading and searching the forum and the net for a couple of days now, trying to figure out the problem I'm having, and finally decided to post since nothing else was working.

I'm totally new to mining, but not new to computers, software, and tweaking. I have a quad-core gaming machine with 8GB RAM and an Nvidia 9800GT card. I recently bought an AMD Radeon HD 6570 because it was the cheapest available AMD cards I could afford and get locally.

When I look at the Hardware comparison guide (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Popular_Mining_Cards), I see that others have got between 68-114 Mh/s with this GPU. So imagine my shock when I load up GUIminer, set up an OpenCL miner for the card, and I'm only getting ~13 Mh/s!!

I've tried different CLI flags but 13 is about the best rate I can get and still be stable. Currently, I'm using -v -w128 -f0.

I also tried looking into overclocking (I've got my 9800GT overclocked slightly). I've tried MSI Afterburner as well as several other overclocking tools, but they either don't work at all, or don't allow me to make any changes to the 6570. I can make changes to my 9800GT using Afterburner.

Is this card not overclockable? Is overclocking the only way to increase this performance? What am I doing wrong?

I can understand that the card may not ever get to the 114 Mh/s rate, but 13 seems awfully low (lower than my 9800gt Nvidia card even, which gets ~30 Mh/s). I've spent the past 3-4 days fiddling with this thing and can't seem to get it anywhere near the range others have. Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if you need any other info.

My Computer:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Quad core 2.5Ghz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Asus P5E Deluxe motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6570 (Slot 0, Master)
Gigabyte GeForce 9800GT (Slot 1)
All drivers are up-to-date as of today

Huh

wtfaremypants (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:39:33 AM

:bump:
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:50:52 AM

Try using only two cores....

Go to the Advanced Boot Options (msconfig > boot tab > Advanced options) and specify the number of cores you want to use....

In Cryptography we trust.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1052

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading and searching the forum and the net for a couple of days now, trying to figure out the problem I'm having, and finally decided to post since nothing else was working.

I'm totally new to mining, but not new to computers, software, and tweaking. I have a quad-core gaming machine with 8GB RAM and an Nvidia 9800GT card. I recently bought an AMD Radeon HD 6570 because it was the cheapest available AMD cards I could afford and get locally.

When I look at the Hardware comparison guide (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#Popular_Mining_Cards), I see that others have got between 68-114 Mh/s with this GPU. So imagine my shock when I load up GUIminer, set up an OpenCL miner for the card, and I'm only getting ~13 Mh/s!!

I've tried different CLI flags but 13 is about the best rate I can get and still be stable. Currently, I'm using -v -w128 -f0.

I also tried looking into overclocking (I've got my 9800GT overclocked slightly). I've tried MSI Afterburner as well as several other overclocking tools, but they either don't work at all, or don't allow me to make any changes to the 6570. I can make changes to my 9800GT using Afterburner.

Is this card not overclockable? Is overclocking the only way to increase this performance? What am I doing wrong?

I can understand that the card may not ever get to the 114 Mh/s rate, but 13 seems awfully low (lower than my 9800gt Nvidia card even, which gets ~30 Mh/s). I've spent the past 3-4 days fiddling with this thing and can't seem to get it anywhere near the range others have. Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if you need any other info.

My Computer:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Quad core 2.5Ghz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Asus P5E Deluxe motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6570 (Slot 0, Master)
Gigabyte GeForce 9800GT (Slot 1)
All drivers are up-to-date as of today

Huh

Screen shots of your miner in progress, MSI AB please.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Virolin

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:46:21 PM

Hi there!.

Unfortunatellly I haven`t got the links, but:

1.- I have found that AMD doesn't give support to OpenCL for windows XP after 12.1 driver for Radeon HD65XX.

2.- So, google for that Version of catalyst and then you are!.

3.- Download an app called GPU Caps Viewer. Then you can see if your card have support for OpenCL or not.

with Catalyst Version 13 GPU Caps Viewer show me no support, then I COMPLETELY uninstall ATI Drivers and then install version 12.1, bam! Its working now with 82Mhhash speed!  Wink

Hope you'll make it work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: