Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 6406 times)
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:25:05 AM

Awesome! I can use bitcoins to buy your shirt using the same service I already could have used to buy whatever I wanted. Innovation at its finest.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:58:42 AM

Awesome! I can use bitcoins to buy your shirt using the same service I already could have used to buy whatever I wanted. Innovation at its finest.

Huh, a rare moment of lucidity. There is hope yet...
SlickTheNick

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:42:05 AM

This guy is hilarious.

So I get a contact email from EarnFreeBitcoins.com the other day. Its this "Bitcoin Megastore" guy telling me that he will no longer be doing business with my service until I remove the "Like/Dislike" feature (you can click a thumbs up or a thumbs down on websites while viewing them). He spent less than 0.1 BTC, not really a big deal. Then he went on to say this (word for word)

"I just don't like the idea of a couple of jealous, incompetent retards - whoever they are - affecting others by downvoting the product of my hard work."

He was all pissed off because 30+ visitors on the site downvoted him. Bored, I decided to take a good look at the "product" of his "hard work". I looked at it briefly during the review process, but didnt think much of it. Looking at it now, its just silly. So I replied back to him, basically I explained what the Like/Dislike feature is for, and that, with this being the internet and all, he shouldnt take people not liking his site personally, and instead try and figure out WHY they dont like it, and what he could do to change that and turn it into sales - or maybe hes just trying to target the wrong demographic. Looking through his cafepress store, its pretty obvious why people would downvote it.. So I decided to lay it out to him with points such as :

• The fact that its literally just one design (the basic bitcoin logo which of course he had nothing to do with) slapped on to dozens of premade products
  • Prices arnt cheap at all considering what you're getting
  • Its a store about bitcoin, being promoted to the bitcoin community, yet it doesnt accept bitcoin as payment at all...
  • Pages with like 20 variations of literlaly the exact same product, in the exact same colours, with the exact same logo, with the only difference being the size and position of said logo
  • In no way shape or form is setting up a cafepress actually hard work, especially when compared to building real e-commerce websites
  • Its cafepress....

I then get a response telling me im "a troll just like the ones on bitcointalk" and that I have no clue about CafePress stores. Heres a few of my favorite quotes from that conversation:

"not exactly hard work" is something no one did for 4
years now.
[you never realized] one can buy with bitcoins over Bitspend...
since mentioning Bitspend
on both store website and bitcointalk forum, daily sales didn't increased at all
It took hunderds of hours to have what I find neccessary, like having those pages
with just one and up to 16 variations of logo

He ends up telling me that I need a reality check, sooner the better. lol.

Then I found this thread. Looks like most people are thinking pretty much the same thing here :p

Why did I bother posting this? I dont know, its friday night and I could use some more entertainment. Looking forward to the nonsensical response.

Looking for a way to get some bitcoins for free? Check out http://earnfreebitcoins.com !
Get easy bitcoins at  https://coincontroller.com?r=eaef398b5 !
DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:55:17 PM

. Let's have a weekend filled with drama, forum is lacking it!  Grin

Just goto the custom hardware section.  Plenty of Drama & Trolling for everyone!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
SlickTheNick

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:56:18 PM

I then get a response telling me im "a troll just like the ones on bitcointalk" and that I have no clue about CafePress stores.

True, and true. Just like those on my ignore list, you too think that "Anybody can right click + save a logo, invert it or screw around with
the colours a bit. Maybe add a little bit of text or apply some filter/effect to it", which is not only far from the truth but not exactly the
way one can deliver both quality and quantity on CafePress or elsewhere. Same as them, you know all about CafePress, you know all about
e-commerce, you know all about web and graphic design or whatnot but not only that you provided no evidence whatsoever for any of it,
you are actualy running dying ads website utilizing "brilliant" idea of letting it's users - some of whom are using proxies, multiple browsers
and computers or even reset their IPs multiple times per day - have a say on ads with like / dislike thumbs ... those same ads someone paid
you to have advertised there! Idea of the century - go tell AdSense and others in advertising business how stupid they are!

Feel free to post our complete debate here, not just parts suiting your argument. Let's have a weekend filled with drama, forum is lacking it!  Grin

You havnt provided any evidence whatsoever that you havnt done anything more than literally just take the bitcoin logo from google images and uploaded it to cafepress. Id be pretty interested in hearing what your actual workflow is that makes resizing or changing some colours on a single image and hitting a few checkboxes so difficult and require 300+ hours of work.

Let me just clarify something. Theres nothing wrong with trying to sell stuff over CafePress. Kudos for trying. The problem comes in with shit like this:

• when you claim to have put in "over 300 hours of professional work" and use "over 400 custom designed renders". Loading up a image thats part of the public domain into photoshop and tweaking the colours and size is absolutely not "Design". With that logic, I could go find a image of Mickey Mouse, invert the colours and turn him upside down, then go "look everybody, look what I designed!".  Furthermore, CafePress does 99% of EVERYTHING for you. All HTML/CSS/Javascript/Server side programming, hosting, payment processing, actually creating the product, shipping the product and all order handling (and probably all customer service) is taken care of by them. Thats the whole point of cafepress. The job of the cafepress user is just to choose templates, select what premade products you want and upload images to slap onto those products. In no way does that constitute "professional" work. If you have actually spent over 300 hours doing that, your doing it wrong.
  • Saying things like "Fuck You " to people who dont want to take up your "challenge" , and calling people "jealous incompetent retards" who dont like your "store" is a surefire way to lose respect from just about anyone, especially the community that you are trying to market this shit to. You have to earn respect in order to get respect. And if your trying to do business, you need to maintain a level of professionalism (ie, dont cry and start insulting people when you get negative feedback). Doing otherwise will just keep digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Your trying to build a business based soley around selling products you didnt make, that have a public domain image that you also didnt make. No one cares if you made an alternate render of the bitcoin logo, and made it pixel perfect to the original source file. Its still Just a B with a line through it and a circle around it. Its not some holy symbol that everyone in the bitcoin community adores and sees as some sort of representation of themselves. Its a fucking capital B inside of a circle.

even reset their IPs multiple times per day

You do realize that you cant just change your public IP address at will right? Maybe with a dynamic IP, but do you honestly think that there is a group of people going out of their way just to downvote you on one website, because they are "jealous"?

you know all about CafePress, you know all about
e-commerce, you know all about web and graphic design or whatnot

Well, Im no expert with cafepress (why would you want to be?), though I have used it before.. but the rest is actually true. I develop websites 6-12 hours a day, every day. Iv been building websites for over 6 years. I work for two different profressional web development companies in my current town. Iv created dozens of websites for all sorts of businesses and organizations, plus my own websites. And have worked on dozens and dozens more. Iv built e-commerce sites, and have worked on some pretty large ones that bring in $100,000 + sales a month. I could give all kinds of examples, but im not going to post it here, especially in this topic.. if anyone thinks im just talking bullshit, feel free to PM me Smiley

/rant

Looking for a way to get some bitcoins for free? Check out http://earnfreebitcoins.com !
Get easy bitcoins at  https://coincontroller.com?r=eaef398b5 !
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:39:08 AM

I then get a response telling me im "a troll just like the ones on bitcointalk" and that I have no clue about CafePress stores.

True, and true. Just like those on my ignore list, you too think that "Anybody can right click + save a logo, invert it or screw around with
the colours a bit. Maybe add a little bit of text or apply some filter/effect to it", which is not only far from the truth but not exactly the
way one can deliver both quality and quantity on CafePress or elsewhere. Same as them, you know all about CafePress, you know all about
e-commerce, you know all about web and graphic design or whatnot but not only that you provided no evidence whatsoever for any of it,
you are actualy running dying ads website utilizing "brilliant" idea of letting it's users - some of whom are using proxies, multiple browsers
and computers or even reset their IPs multiple times per day - have a say on ads with like / dislike thumbs ... those same ads someone paid
you to have advertised there! Idea of the century - go tell AdSense and others in advertising business how stupid they are!

Feel free to post our complete debate here, not just parts suiting your argument. Let's have a weekend filled with drama, forum is lacking it!  Grin

You havnt provided any evidence whatsoever that you havnt done anything more than literally just take the bitcoin logo from google images and uploaded it to cafepress. Id be pretty interested in hearing what your actual workflow is that makes resizing or changing some colours on a single image and hitting a few checkboxes so difficult and require 300+ hours of work.

Let me just clarify something. Theres nothing wrong with trying to sell stuff over CafePress. Kudos for trying. The problem comes in with shit like this:

• when you claim to have put in "over 300 hours of professional work" and use "over 400 custom designed renders". Loading up a image thats part of the public domain into photoshop and tweaking the colours and size is absolutely not "Design". With that logic, I could go find a image of Mickey Mouse, invert the colours and turn him upside down, then go "look everybody, look what I designed!".  Furthermore, CafePress does 99% of EVERYTHING for you. All HTML/CSS/Javascript/Server side programming, hosting, payment processing, actually creating the product, shipping the product and all order handling (and probably all customer service) is taken care of by them. Thats the whole point of cafepress. The job of the cafepress user is just to choose templates, select what premade products you want and upload images to slap onto those products. In no way does that constitute "professional" work. If you have actually spent over 300 hours doing that, your doing it wrong.
  • Saying things like "Fuck You " to people who dont want to take up your "challenge" , and calling people "jealous incompetent retards" who dont like your "store" is a surefire way to lose respect from just about anyone, especially the community that you are trying to market this shit to. You have to earn respect in order to get respect. And if your trying to do business, you need to maintain a level of professionalism (ie, dont cry and start insulting people when you get negative feedback). Doing otherwise will just keep digging a deeper and deeper hole.

Your trying to build a business based soley around selling products you didnt make, that have a public domain image that you also didnt make. No one cares if you made an alternate render of the bitcoin logo, and made it pixel perfect to the original source file. Its still Just a B with a line through it and a circle around it. Its not some holy symbol that everyone in the bitcoin community adores and sees as some sort of representation of themselves. Its a fucking capital B inside of a circle.

even reset their IPs multiple times per day

You do realize that you cant just change your public IP address at will right? Maybe with a dynamic IP, but do you honestly think that there is a group of people going out of their way just to downvote you on one website, because they are "jealous"?

you know all about CafePress, you know all about
e-commerce, you know all about web and graphic design or whatnot

Well, Im no expert with cafepress (why would you want to be?), though I have used it before.. but the rest is actually true. I develop websites 6-12 hours a day, every day. Iv been building websites for over 6 years. I work for two different profressional web development companies in my current town. Iv created dozens of websites for all sorts of businesses and organizations, plus my own websites. And have worked on dozens and dozens more. Iv built e-commerce sites, and have worked on some pretty large ones that bring in $100,000 + sales a month. I could give all kinds of examples, but im not going to post it here, especially in this topic.. if anyone thinks im just talking bullshit, feel free to PM me Smiley

/rant
+1,000
OWNED
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:42:24 PM

Can I pay with BTC?

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:50:22 PM

Yesterday was the best day so far, with 6 items sold! Considering the number of items sold in total by now, I'm quite surprised no one yet posted
any pictures or at least wrote his experience with CafePress, time it took for order to complete, delivery, thing or few about the quality of prints.

Huh

It's because you alienated and insulted everyone that came into this thread. No one who has seen the rude things you have posted would be willing to do business with you.
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:49:12 PM

Style: 8.  Execution: 3

I realize this has been said before - but this store is flat-out ridiculous.  I don`t remotely care what the copyright status is or anything else - I saw your sig and said `hot damn, I can buy Bitcoin apparel and pay with BTC.  You BET I`m down!`.

Then I went to the store, observed that it was a shoddy Cafepress store with above-average design efforts put in, and that I could not pay in BTC.

The day you accept BTC for BTC-themed apparel is the day I consider it.  Accepting fiat for Bitcoin apparel is absurd, irrespective of how you justify the fact that you are `supporting` the Bitcoin project by profiting in fiat from sales of such apparel.  

You`ve clearly put effort into the design and I commend you on that - but there is an exactly zero chance of me or anybody I know personally paying a single dime in fiat currency for Bitcoin clothing.   I realize that BitSpend exists - you get no credit for that, and I can use that to buy anything I want.  The fact that you are trying to profit (in fiat) on the back of a logo you didn`t create and a project you don`t really seem to have even a medium-term goal of supporting (by way of adding to the transactional Bitcoin economy by accepting it) is goofy.

You`re entirely free to do it, and I don`t even think you`re a bad guy for it.  I just think you should be a little more realistic about exactly what value you`ve added here.  Don`t hack at people for disliking your store; if you came up with some believable spin about how you *plan* to migrate to a BTC-accepting platform or whatever, I`d accept that as evidence that you a) get it and b) care.  But throwing out the idea of using BitSpend (i.e. effort on the consumer`s part to accomodate your business practices) is foolishness.

Love the products though - when you accept BTC directly, yourself, as part of your store, I would consider buying from you and I would recommend you.  Until that day though... I `BTC-themed` but fiat-priced apparel does not want, my friend.  Does not want.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
johnniewalker
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:51:16 AM

I can't handle how MEGA this store is!
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:30:30 PM

Full autism engaged.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: