Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still profitable to have btc exchange service/site ?  (Read 906 times)
dossantosleite (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:25:58 AM

Hello,

Just quick question. Is it profitable to create btc exchange website?
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:29:52 AM

Hello,

Answering from personal experience, I exchange my BTC at payexchanger.com and when I send them 10 USD-BTC they send me 8.2 USD via SKRILL, so their fee is is quite big for a 10 USD exchange and if your exchange will have many transactions like this , you will be in profit in the long run, you only have to be very trustworthy which you can achieve this with time.

If you want to do a BTC/ALT exchange, that is still profitable as you can put fee for every transaction and even in this situation you would be in profit.

Final word is yeah in my opinion it is still profitable to run.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:30:29 AM

If you can compete with the big boys in business-yes..

If you can`t compete with the big boys...no...

Do you plan to make a exchange site?

If yes,good luck  Grin

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4533

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:40:20 AM

these days even if you want to stay away from fiat regulation by not touching fiat and running just a bitcoin<->altcoin exchange. you are still going to need some basics.

proper secure servers.
enterprise level internet bandwidth
top of the line security
an actual office customers can visit (not some mail dropbox/po box)
customer service team
insurance

many people dont care about "regulation" because regulation is not really about consumer protection..
infact customers care more about being able to KYC the exchange. as that us important for customer security and trust..rather than the exchange KYC the customers.
but if you want to succeed. then having all the essentials to run a good fast reliable service that customers can trust. is not cheap.. but is atleast cheaper than a FIAT exchange.

EDIT:
having read your post history where you are looking for anonymous bank accounts and anonymous debit cards.. i think you have already failed the trust game of being a person that should be holding other peoples funds. not only that but you dont seem to know the basics of how financials accounting work.. so i dont think someone like yourself should even try opening an exchange. #doomedB4itstarted

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 09:41:14 AM

you will need a lot of money for it to be used by users. in case you don't know we don't use those new ones and those who aren't vouched by trusted ones.
just like forex brokers, they earn a lot even with just the pips spread fee. transaction fees can add up if tons of users use your exchange. you are aware that just like any other business you need legal papers?

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:49:44 AM

If you can compete with the big boys in business-yes..

If you can`t compete with the big boys...no...

Do you plan to make a exchange site?

If yes,good luck  Grin
yeah everything should be well prepared before you want to build / create an exchange starts from a unique feature offered , marketing strategy and many more factors to compete with a well known exchange sites. so your exchange would profitable , there is so many exchange that not well prepared and they didn't survive for long time.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:02:22 PM

Every exchange we have for bitcoin has something different from the competing exchange in terms of transaction fee to accessibility features. So if you can overcome and create something which attracts the users then your exchange gives you excellent profit.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bloxy

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:06:53 PM

I would say it depends on what security you have from people charging back or using fraud payment methods. But if you have all that sorted out it could be very profitable considering you can buy BTC very cheap from played like Circle, etc...

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
dossantosleite (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:12:56 PM

So what you think guys, what capital should person have to start this business?
And how much regular btc exchanger site making ?
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:16:37 PM

I think very profitable, many people are using the exchanger and it will continue to be needed, so that every transaction you will get a profit.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 12:26:44 PM

The problem is that people already have trusted sites that they use and unless you have the money to create something truly exceptional along with a massive campaign to advertise/promote it, it's going to be very hard to drive people to your exchange. And without decent volume you're not gonna last long.
dossantosleite (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:30:59 PM

The problem is that people already have trusted sites that they use and unless you have the money to create something truly exceptional along with a massive campaign to advertise/promote it, it's going to be very hard to drive people to your exchange. And without decent volume you're not gonna last long.

Yes,I understand. But maybe such simple thing like lower fees can atract more customers or make people to chose different site? I think everyone want to safe some money by paying lower fees.
mki8

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:49:08 PM

So what you think guys, what capital should person have to start this business?
And how much regular btc exchanger site making ?
we can offer you the setup you need
but you are looking at 100 BTC starting costs minimum
to cover first 12 months
the security of the server is main priority (as you will be a target)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 01:33:25 PM

Yes,I understand. But maybe such simple thing like lower fees can atract more customers or make people to chose different site? I think everyone want to safe some money by paying lower fees.

I'm not saying it is impossible, just that you gonna have a hard time convincing people to use your exchange. With so many scams going on, if you're not well-known or don't already own a recognizable brand, people are going to be hesitant to trust you with their coins even if you offer lower fees.
You still have a small chance of being successful if you do everything right though, so if you really think you're up to the challenge you should definitely give it a shot Smiley
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:45:32 PM

The main question is Web site advertising - if you have money, which you can invest in advertising, then site can be popular. If you invest a lot in advertising, after some years you can expect profit may be.  Wink
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:05:41 PM

I saw it would always be profitable, because each transaction would have no costs, especially if the cost of 1% and the costs would certainly quite a lot, but it depends, if the site has many users it would be more profitable.

have sites exchanger is one of my plan, or have a trading site that will be more profitable too.
Bitshake

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Open an exchange could be very profitable, but you have to take into account a number of things:
good idea to start with and good services to offer and low fees
a substantial initial investment in security, graphics and advertising
time to prove your reliability
without forgetting all the laws and tax requirements of your country

Hard but not impossible! With right skills you can run a good business
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:57:15 PM

the Quick answer is Yes...

it will be profitable if you gain enough costumers for your service. profit and benefits of an exchange site is totally depend on the costumers and their deposits/cashouts, as much people do exchange you'll get profit from exchange fee.. so you need proper planning for this even lots of famous and trusted exchanges available there. getting costumer would be little tricky.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 03:00:52 PM

It's possible, bt don't underestimate the amount of work and money it takes to launch a new succesful exchange service.
You're going to need a secure and professional website that has been tested again all forms of attack, that alone will set you back a few 1000 dollars, if not more.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 03:15:57 PM

Hello,

Answering from personal experience, I exchange my BTC at payexchanger.com and when I send them 10 USD-BTC they send me 8.2 USD via SKRILL, so their fee is is quite big for a 10 USD exchange and if your exchange will have many transactions like this , you will be in profit in the long run, you only have to be very trustworthy which you can achieve this with time.

If you want to do a BTC/ALT exchange, that is still profitable as you can put fee for every transaction and even in this situation you would be in profit.

Final word is yeah in my opinion it is still profitable to run.

If you have the means and the technical skills and marketing why not,it's still profitable many people wants to get into bitcoin and they want to exchange their fiat money to bitcoin just to hold it they knew that bitcoin is an investment itself..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: