Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom of speech in the DASH camp much?  (Read 1542 times)
rangedriver (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:39:41 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 12:06:56 PM by rangedriver

One single comment:-

The conclusion:-

Behold the guardians of fucking liberty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4l1z3z/psa_disgusting_pathetic_tactic_launched_by/
rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:31:14 PM

Thankyou for the gold whoever you are. Unfortunately I can't thank you on the Dashpay subreddit due to being banned for apparently writing one comment which itself was a refutation of a ridiculously unsubstantiated claim.

Good to know that there are still people in the world who value freedom - it's just a fucking shame that the moderators of the Dash reddit aren't able to digest debate.

Sign of the times I suppose. Bullshit covered in bullshit. Viva la plastic revolution...
Someone47

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:33:16 PM

U have the butt hurt? Sad range driver. Cry Cry Cry

سلام
rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:42:04 PM

U have the butt hurt? Sad range driver. Cry Cry Cry

Not remotely. First time I've ever time I've posted in the Dash reddit. If you think that equates to some kind of loss then I have news for you. It's not exactly like being thrown out of your favourite nightclub for pissing on the sofa is it?

What angers me is that Dash are trying to paint themselves as some kind of libertarian bitcoin alternative, but they are not able to address the charges and claims made against them without resorting to strawman propagandesque defense tactics and a blanket ban on refutation.

Dash may not be as big as it once was, and that's a good thing, but it's still spewing out the same bullshit PR drive (based upon the profits of a multi-million dollar deception) and trying to wrap itself as the libertarians Ghandi.

And all the while, fucking dicks, whose entire conceptualisation of revolution is the legalisation of cannabis, fall victim to this retarded cult, without any comprehension of any of the enveloping variables, whether they be to do with politics, cryptography, or economics.

Fuck that shit.
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 12:45:19 PM

What angers me is that Dash are trying to paint themselves as some kind of libertarian bitcoin alternative, but they are not able to address the charges and claims made against them without resorting to strawman propagandesque defense tactics and a blanket ban on refutation.

Fuck that shit.

Welcome to Monero, rangedriver!

Enjoy your stay and enjoy the censor.... errr ride!
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:51:49 PM

at least you can inform us all what are you replying to...

PSA: Disgusting & pathetic tactic launched by copycats & haters attempting to sabotage our efforts to get into Stack Exchange. Click for more details: (self.dashpay)
submitted 15 hours ago * by Basilpop
When I made this post about our Stack Exchange proposal the headline was very true. It was 19 questions left to reach the next phase (commitment). But when I checked today the amount of necessary questions was suddenly increased to 26 or so. Right now as of this writing it rests at 21 (still higher than before).
How did that happen? Well, Dash's irrefutable success breeds a lot of anger and jealousy from failed projects who can't compete with what Dash brings to the table. It must've been a mere coincidence that shortly after Dash made the proposal first (pioneering as usual) the haters made a proposal of their own to be integrated into Stack Exchange. And now they are actively sabotaging our efforts by following our proposal and downvoting our questions to keep them below a score of 10 (a necessary condition to reach the next phase).
This smug faced basement dweller as well as this guy are the ones still following both projects.
I am not asking anyone to retaliate by trolling them back. DASH never has and never will stoop down to their level. I however ask you all to rise up and vote up as many questions as you can on our proposal to propel us into the next phase.
Stack Exchange is a huge area for exposure and a perfect place to promote Dash, so please help us get onto there! We count on you!
Edit: 4 questions just have been upvoted, thank you for your support!!
Edit 2: Two more questions to 10+ votes and 5 new members! Please try to spread your votes out to get as many questions to exactly 10 points as you can with your 5 votes. More votes are wasted (for now at least) towards our goal. As of now there's a total of 11 votes wasted on questions that are above 10 points.

[–]SeemedGood 1 point 9 hours ago
I'm sure some people own both Dash and Monero (as that would be the smart thing to do economically). Assuming that people following both Stack Exchange threads are behaving maliciously is to display petulant ignorance.
Of course other competing currencies will also seek to get into Stack Exchange and that shouldn't be a problem nor a cause of alarm.

Basilpop 1 point 5 hours ago
I'm sure some people own both Dash and Monero
I'm aware of this, you're a prime example of that yourself. And I have no problem with this.
Assuming that people following both Stack Exchange threads are behaving maliciously is to display petulant ignorance.
That may be the case but there's a tiny difference here: It's not an "assumption". It's an obvious fact you can't deny. At least 7 questions have been downvoted to slow down our process from what I have witnessed first hand, which translates to at least 2 people actively attacking our proposal. The examples I have linked are self-proclaimed "avid enthusiasts" of the competing project and joined at the same time the downvotes happened. I'm sure that's a complete coincidence and it would be naive to assume otherwise, right?
Of course other competing currencies will also seek to get into Stack Exchange and that shouldn't be a problem nor a cause of alarm.
Strawman argument. I did not anywhere discourage their efforts to get into SE. I did however expose their tactics to sabotage ours.
Don't make a fool out of yourself: We have tons of evidence of malicious behaviour towards Dash. What I have shown here is a tiny bite off the giant hate cake. You apparently have never been to bitcointalk.org, have you? If you have you must have been willingly blind to deny what's happening.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 01:07:56 PM

Cry me a river you FUDding & sore Moronero loser.

Your bullshit has been debunked time and time again. People are sick and tired of Monero and its centralized, de-anonymizing web wallet, stalled development, non-existent innovation, non-existent official GUI-wallet, incompetent developers, retarded attack dogs and its asshole community in general.

Your jealousy of Dash has been long noted and long dismissed. You can bitch and moan all you want, you will never achieve what Dash has achieved. Either dump your shitcoin or shut the fuck up. Might as well go panhandle some more "development" funds for your failed Bytecoin-Scam-Fork.

Everybody hates Monero and rightfully so. Your ban was well deserved for the utter bullshit you spew. Deal with it.

rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:10:20 PM

Your jealousy of Dash has been long noted and long dismissed.

If I was jealous of Dash I'd just go out and buy some.

Do you understand that?
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 01:19:28 PM

Your jealousy of Dash has been long noted and long dismissed.

If I was jealous of Dash I'd just go out and buy some.

Do you understand that?

I understand the sentence but it's simply not true. You think it's overvalued. Following your ideology the only "fair" price for Dash is 0.00 USD in your mind. You can't handle the fact it's more successful than your coin of choice. You also can't handle the fact that you simply missed out at the beginning when anyone had the chance to participate and get Dash for pennies on the dollar. Not Dash's fault and certainly not the developers fault. You're the only one to blame.

That explains the hate you so desperately try to pass off as "criticism".

Success is proving Dash right, bitching about it is a waste of time.

PS: Speaking of "Freedom of speech", how about yours, Moaneros? How black is the kettle again?!

rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:28:41 PM

You can't handle the fact it's more successful than your coin of choice. You also can't handle the fact that you simply missed out at the beginning when anyone had the chance to participate and get Dash for pennies on the dollar. Not Dash's fault and certainly not the developers fault. You're the only one to blame.

That explains the hate you so desperately try to pass off as "criticism".

Success is proving Dash right, bitching about it is a waste of time.

I refer you to the answer I gave some moments ago:-

Dash are not able to address the charges and claims made against them without resorting to strawman propagandesque defense tactics and a blanket ban on refutation.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:47:46 PM

aHAHAHA

What do you expect from a camp that's been lying about their shitcoin scam from the get-go. Their Darkcoin reddit sidebar used to state "0.000000000% premined" - meanwhile their crooked dev team led by crooked Evan Duffield instamined like 40% of the coin at launch

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 04:15:01 PM

If anyone has any issues with this or any other aspect of Dash, they can feel free to post on our rather large ANN thread, which is unmoderated and has documented thousands of dissenting posts over the years. Constructive criticism makes you stronger, and it's a big reason why Dash is so successful.

DrkLvr_

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:21:11 PM

If anyone has any issues with this or any other aspect of Dash, they can feel free to post on our rather large ANN thread, which is unmoderated and has documented thousands of dissenting posts over the years. Constructive criticism makes you stronger, and it's a big reason why Dash is so successful.

Not really, because as soon as something damning gets posted in the main thread the dash shitcoin protection team will purposefully start posting about whatever useless shit they can think of in order to bury the post. Why do you think the thread is thousands of pages long in the first place Roll Eyes

I think this belongs right where it is, but i understand why you'd want to censor this discussion, just like you censored the reddit post
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 04:34:31 PM

i understand why you'd want to censor this discussion, just like you censored the reddit pots
Just for the record, I had nothing to do with what happened on Reddit, as I am not a mod there. I was just pointing out that our ANN is home to a lot of criticism that can still be seen by anyone. Of course you're free to discuss it here, though, as it is an Altcoin Discussion board.

rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:45:01 PM

There's two problems with this.

The first is the conflict that exists between the obvious lack of free speech in the Dashpay subreddit compared with the bizarre invitation to carry on the same discussion in the ANN thread. Why practice free speech in one area of Dashpay, but vehemently shutdown the discussion in another?

Let's be clear about this: What we're talking about is a Reddit post made by a Dashpay moderator (BasilPop) that tacitly alleges that aspects of Monero are somehow behind an attempt to sabotage Dash's inclusion on Stack Exchange - an allegation that has absolutely no evidence to support it whatseover, and is no less an outright piece of prejudicial propaganda. When someone, quite rightfully, enters the frame to draw attention to this fact and provide a justified counterpoint (a first time poster to the Dashpay subreddit I may add) it is met with immediate banning from the subreddit leaving no capacity to appeal or even reply.

To then turn around and suggest the conversation should continue on the Dash ANN thread is just frankly bizarre.

But the second problem is that such a suggestion is itself a flawed invitation, because it was the very act of engaging in such discussions on the Dash ANN thread that led to the taxon that Monero was "invading" the Dash ANN thread with "hate" and "propaganda" in the first place - ironically the very charge made by BasilPop in his proceeding comment:-

We have tons of evidence of malicious behaviour towards Dash. What I have shown here is a tiny bite off the giant hate cake. You apparently have never been to bitcointalk.org, have you?

You can't have your cake and eat it. If you're going to make such invitations to practice free speech within the Dash infrastructure then you have to make those invitations applicable to all faculties including the Dash subreddit. If free speech exists you cannot turn around and label objective arguments and reasoning against Dash as "hate speech" or a grand conspiracy to somehow manipulate truth, and then stifle the debate by shutting down the narrative.

Healthy debates cannot function like this.

It would be good start to recognize that it is unacceptable for a Dash moderator to make such claims of sabotage, while providing no evidence whatsoever, nor any means to refute such claims.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:36:04 PM

Why practice free speech in one area of Dashpay, but vehemently shutdown the discussion in another?

They invite criticism in their ANN thread because they know all about Forum Sliding, which doesn't work on Reddit.

'FORUM SLIDING'

If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum - it can be quickly removed from public view by 'forum sliding.' In this technique a number of unrelated posts are quietly prepositioned on the forum and allowed to 'age.' Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon at will to trigger a 'forum slide.' The second requirement is that several fake accounts exist, which can be called upon, to ensure that this technique is not exposed to the public. To trigger a 'forum slide' and 'flush' the critical post out of public view it is simply a matter of logging into each account both real and fake and then 'replying' to prepositined postings with a simple 1 or 2 line comment. This brings the unrelated postings to the top of the forum list, and the critical posting 'slides' down the front page, and quickly out of public view. Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the posting it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and unuseful postings. By this means it becomes effective to keep the readers of the forum reading unrelated and non-issue items.

Keep it up Dashtards.
rangedriver (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:03:12 PM

You can't handle the fact that Dash is more successful than your coin of choice.

Reddit Subscribers

BTC: 177838
DOGE: 77479
LTC: 21976
ETH: 13741
XMR: 3427
DASH: 1799

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 1.9

Reddit Users Online

BTC: 380
ETH: 122
DOGE: 41
LTC: 14
XMR: 12
DASH: 8

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 1.5

Average New Posts (an hour)

BTC: 4.08
ETH: 3.25
DOGE: 0.8
XMR: 0.5
LTC: 0.4
DASH 0.3

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 1.6666

Average New Comments (an hour)

BTC: 138
ETH: 45.2
DOGE: 20.4
LTC: 7.96
XMR: 7.00
DASH: 2.71

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 2.58

#IRC USAGE - Average Users Online

BTC: 1106
ETH: 368
DOGE: 228
LTC: 175
XMR: 153
DASH: 76

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 2.01

Github Contributors

BTC: 337
DOGE: 67
XMR: 44
DASH: 29
LTC: 19
ETH: 18

Monero bigger than Dash by a factor of 1.5172

You could even throw in accumulative forum posts from all three forums (Dash, Monero BCT) and in total the average size of Monero's community is 1.86 times bigger than that of Dash. It's also worth mentioning that Dash finished last in all but one of these key metrics.

The only thing Dash has got going that's bigger than Monero is market-cap, and conveniently, given the multi-million dollar riches of its lead developer is a very easy thing to arrange.

I'm also still yet to find one credible cryptography expert to praise Dash.

So I don't quite know how you're measuring success, other than a fistful of draconian deceptions, a Jabba-the-Hutt style instamine, a deeply flawed anonymity system without a credible userbase.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:56:53 PM

PS: Speaking of "Freedom of speech", how about yours, Moaneros? How black is the kettle again?!

You should try posting critical comments about Monero or Monero team or community members there, or ones stating that Dash or some other coin is superior, or anything of the sort, as long as it relates to speculation on Monero and isn't personal attacks (or use red text). Or you could just browse the thread and find thousands already that didn't and don't get deleted, including many by illodin or a few other Dash supporters who a regulars there. Or you could try reviewing the deleted posts that get requoted in tiny font and find even one that is on topic and was deleted for being anti-Monero.

Monero has no fear of criticism or contrary opinions (or more specifically, I don't, since I can't speak for the whole community) and they are welcome on my thread.

Laniakea

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:01:01 PM

Monero has no fear of criticism or contrary opinions

So it really is true that Monero is a person?  Risto??

DrkLvr_

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:14:18 PM

Ouch, here you go Macrochip & Co. it might help the butthurt  Sad

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: