Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ok, just to talk about not being a noob  (Read 882 times)
jokerdragon (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:45:31 AM

trying to get off the limitation of this forum =D any good talk is well acepteded
cuziamninja

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:48:22 AM

me too! How was your day today?
td89

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

same here
Jenger

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:21:49 PM

Whats going on guys? Cold Sunday morning here..

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:22:33 PM

Yeah being in the newb area sucks Sad  When am I getting out of here?

Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

lol were stuck here doing life  Cry

jokerdragon (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:38:50 PM

bla bla bla Shocked
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:25:35 PM

You're actually not supposed to spam just to get rid of the newbie limit. That would defeat the purpose
xrzer04

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:12:28 PM

Right. So. Let's pool our (admittedly limited) knowledge and Do the Thing here... Only real way out of the sandbox.
who on this thread has managed to encrypt their BTC wallet, and how did you go about doing it?
I'm itching to take advantage of the various methods I'm seeing for getting free BTC, and want to milk that a bit, just to see how far that gets me into the game, but... a particular thread entitled "Trust No One" has me scared silly.
My first wallet is about three quarters of the way through its initial sync right now,
but I just downloaded and said Away We Go,
with no thought to security whatsoever, just to see it Work.
I won't actually Use this one, I just wanted to Do it to have the experience of doing it.
My Real Deal wallet will be secured as best I can, and I want to know how others with about the same experience level as I have done that, what their experience of it was, and how it seems to work out.
Comments?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

Yeah being in the newb area sucks Sad  When am I getting out of here?
Me also. Something must be wrong. I have been here for over a year now.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
xrzer04

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:04:13 PM

Whaaaaaaat??? How many posts have you made? What were they about? Have you tried petitioning the whitelist folk?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

Whaaaaaaat??? How many posts have you made? What were they about? Have you tried petitioning the whitelist folk?
I was kidding.  Grin

Just to keep the thread on track here is a tip for using bitcoins for cellphone service. Since there can be value in both using and holding bitcoins this strategy tries for both.
So I need to pay my cell phone bill, and lets say it's $100 / month. The first month I buy $200 worth of BTC and using one of the services like the upcoming bitcoinwireless, I pay my bill.
By next month it's time to pay again, so I buy another $100 worth of coin.
But wait, last months extra $100 is now worth say $165! by rolling $100 per month through bitcoin I can keep the increase in value on the coins. If the price starts trending down I can lean down by spending some coins. Maybe just convert them to phone time and lock in the value that way. 

xrzer04

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:49:36 PM

So I need to pay my cell phone bill, and lets say it's $100 / month. The first month I buy $200 worth of BTC and using one of the services like the upcoming bitcoinwireless, I pay my bill.
By next month it's time to pay again, so I buy another $100 worth of coin.
But wait, last months extra $100 is now worth say $165! by rolling $100 per month through bitcoin I can keep the increase in value on the coins. If the price starts trending down I can lean down by spending some coins. Maybe just convert them to phone time and lock in the value that way. 

Now, Lemme get this straight...
you buy Double the BTC you need to pay your bill, Pay it and meanwhile the value goes up on what's left over, giving you a slight surplus. Then you buy some more to pay your bill Again, but just what you need to pay the current bill, maybe a little more. Eventually the slight surplus is no longer so slight, and you can Do Things with it, like for example keep the phone bill paid, eventually without having to go out and buy more BTC for a while, because of how that initial surplus has grown as the value of the BTC increases.
If it drops, Hey, at least your phone is taken care of for a time.

Is that the program, or have i got it twisted?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:22:48 PM

@ xrzer04, yes That is what I meant.

Turning your coins into phone time as a way of taking advantage of a bear market is really about thinking of commodities, currencies, etc. as stores of value. If you want to "cash out" some/all of your bitcoins for whatever reason, why not use them as currency? It is worth checking to see if you can get additional value by purchasing needed items with bitcoins.

Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:35:48 PM

Just help a bit here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77535
Brings you out of the noob prison with little effort and makes you a VIP a value improving poster!  Grin

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
xrzer04

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:35:42 PM

@RodeoX: Sounds legit.
Don't know any such services available, still Reeeeaally just getting started with this (Still chuggin' away at that initial synchro), but that sounds good to me. I'll be using Straight Talk wireless very soon. I'll have to start hunting for a service to make that happen. Looks like I found my first use for these bitcoin things...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: