Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for crowd funding a music project about Bitcoin?  (Read 644 times)
Evolvo (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 08:15:32 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 05:33:19 PM by Evolvo

Hello everyone, I wanted to get a feel from the community as to what would be the best way to generate funds to make a song/anthem for Bitcoin.  I make music for a living (www.listentotoby.com if you're interested).  I've wanted to create a song for a while that could serve as an anthem of sorts for the movement that Bitcoin represents.  I feel confident that I can make something that would resonate with people musically as well as educate about what Bitcoin is, why we need it, and hopefully bring a large new crowd into the Bitcoin economy.  

My basic question to this board is...What do you feel would be the best way to fund it? Should I attempt to set up a bounty system? Should I just set up a regular Kickstarter page and include my bitcoin address? I know there was a Bitcoin based site that was similar to Kickstarter but it didn't seem to have any user base when I tried to use it in the past.   Am I missing something?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

My address in case anyone is in a generous mood: 1J3kkU4goRGkNV6vokBgS7DQ7akPuQvNn4

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinbetas

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:45:51 PM

Hello everyone, I wanted to get a feel from the community as to what would be the best way to generate funds to make a song/anthem for Bitcoin.  I make music for a living (www.listentotoby.com if you're interested).  I've wanted to create a song for a while that could serve as an anthem of sorts for the movement that Bitcoin represents.  I feel confident that I can make something that would resonate with people musically as well as educate about what Bitcoin is, why we need it, and hopefully bring a large new crowd into the Bitcoin economy.  

My basic question to this board is...What do you feel would be the best way to fund it? Should I attempt to set up a bounty system? Should I just set up a regular Kickstarter page and include my bitcoin address? I know there was a Bitcoin based site that was similar to Kickstarter but it didn't seem to have any user base when I tried to use it in the past.   Am I missing something?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

My address in case anyone is in a generous mood: 1EVoLvEuNEJd2ovt48QmntHU35nwavsrJJ

Hello,

There is here Bitcoinstarter.com.

They seem to be down at the moment.
Katrina Elisse Caudle

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 10:26:31 PM

My advice would be to set up a project page for the song on your website. Write about why you think bitcoin is awesome and describe what the music project would be.

Once you have that, you have a good base for everyone to come to learn about the project. I would definitely say set up a crowdfunding project. Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing kind of website I believe, so you may also want to look into http://www.indiegogo.com  because with IndieGoGo you can choose to accept any funds you receive. Kickstarter refunds it all if you don't make your target. I'm using IndieGoGo right now (http://www.indiegogo.com/citywithnoanimals) and they've got some really great tips on how to run a campaign Smiley

Post updates here on the forum and send them to the campaign as you progress!

And definitely include your bitcoin address on both the project page on your website and the indiegogo campaign, since we want to promote using bitcoin. Smiley Make sure you link to starter websites so people can get a wallet and bitcoins, etc if they're inspired by your campaign.

Good luck!
Evolvo (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 12:56:47 AM

My experience with Indiegogo is that people seem to give less when it's not an all or nothing environment....being part of a mass movement reaching a goal seems to inspire more generosity.  I've used both Indiegogo and Kickstarter before as well as Bitstarter.  Bitstarter did absolutely nothing, Indiegogo worked somewhat but still rather disappointing, and Kickstarter definitely helped the most.  The reason I asked the question is because I doubt non-Bitcoiners are going to be interested in contributing to a music project about something they know nothing about.  I expect the main source of crowd funding would come from the Bitcoin community.  After the song is done, the music itself will hopefully be the ambassador to bring new users into the fold. 

Perhaps I will just set up a Kickstarter campaign and attach a piece about Bitcoin and include my address and hope that it reaches the Bitcoin community.

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: