Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 01:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES SHORT opportunity for bears  (Read 2537 times)
JollyTrades (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:44:47 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 01:09:43 PM by JollyTrades

Update: Bet expired. No one took it. I knew it.

I hear lots of people speculating for a bearish move in WAVES. Challenge accepted. I am lending my WAVES tokens.

If you are so sure it will go down, then borrow my WAVES, sell them in an exchange, buy back at a lower price, pay your debt to me, and since in this scenario you will be buying the same amount of WAVES at a lower price, you will make a profit. That is the operational definition of short selling, indeed. So I am giving you the chance to go short on WAVES.

Amount: 10 BTC worth of WAVES
Application fee: 0.5 BTC payable upfront
Term: 24 hours
Interest: 0

You will need to arrange all the escrow stuff and pay the applicable fees yourself. I hold the right to refuse your application.

WAVES will go down? You be sure? Take the challenge, then. You have nothing to lose if WAVES goes down.

Best,

Jian
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:48:23 PM

Haha good bet Jian.
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:04:28 PM

Haha good bet Jian.

Thanks, mate!

I also bet 100 WAVES for the odds of no one's taking the challenge. Because I believe whoever claims that WAVES will go down on the first day is not serious. They just want to entertain themselves with a piece of FUD, and don't believe their own words.

If you really think Wavers gonna dump, c'mon guyz escrow accepted.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:20:52 PM

Nobody will take your bet because it's moronic. Much better option to simply not buy the ico and watch for dump. Why don't you offer a 10 btc bet, using a trusted escrow, that waves will not dip below the ending ico price in first 24 hours?
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:24:52 PM

Nobody will take your bet because it's moronic. Much better option to simply not buy the ico and watch for dump. Why don't you offer a 10 btc bet, using a trusted escrow, that waves will not dip below the ending ico price in first 24 hours?

Do you think George Soros is a moron?

I don't know if WAVES will go down or not, so I wouldn't place that bet (actually, that would be a bit moronic). What I would bet on is this: Those who say they believe that WAVES' price will drop do not actually believe in their own claims.

PS. The OP doesn't offer any bet. It offers lending WAVES tokens.
monkeydong1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:39:12 PM

I hear lots of people speculating for a bearish move in WAVES. Challenge accepted. I am lending my WAVES tokens.

If you are so sure it will go down, then borrow my WAVES, sell them in an exchange, buy back at a lower price, pay your debt to me, and since in this scenario you will be buying the same amount of WAVES at a lower price, you will make a profit. That is the operational definition of short selling, indeed. So I am giving you the chance to go short on WAVES.

Amount: 10 BTC worth of WAVES
Application fee: 0.5 BTC payable upfront
Term: June 2, 2016, 00:00 (UTC)
Interest: 0

You will need to arrange all the escrow stuff and pay the applicable fees yourself. I hold the right to refuse your application.

WAVES will go down? You be sure? Take the challenge, then. You still have more than 5 whole days to think.

Best,

Jian

Interesting !

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:41:20 PM

Do you think George Soros is a moron?

I don't know if WAVES will go down or not, so I wouldn't place that bet (actually, that would be a bit moronic). What I would bet on is this: Those who say they believe that WAVES' price will drop do not actually believe in their own claims.

PS. The OP doesn't offer any bet. It offers lending WAVES tokens.

Who the fuck is George Soros? I said your bet offer was moronic, because it is.
Your answer says it all, Waves is probably going to dump hard.
jeewaka

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:46:16 PM

The OP sounds like somebody who graduated from Finance school yesterday and he is name dropping names like George Soros to sound as if he has been around the finance world.
I too would love to name drop to prove you are an idiot. Be more professional, learn from the people in the financial industry.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:46:29 PM

How is it a 'better option' to not buy the ico and watch for dump? If Waves is going down, it is a 'much better option' to short sell it, book a profit, and buy back at a lower price - as the OP is offering you the opportunity to do.

In what universe is $0 profit better than more than $0 profit?
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:47:06 PM

Who the fuck is George Soros? I said your bet offer was moronic, because it is.
Your answer says it all, Waves is probably going to dump hard.

My bet offer is this: No one will take the challenge. Why would it be moronic?

You dare to take the short selling ask, or are you one of those people?
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:51:53 PM

The OP sounds like somebody who graduated from Finance school yesterday and he is name dropping names like George Soros to sound as if he has been around the finance world.
I too would love to name drop to prove you are an idiot. Be more professional, learn from the people in the financial industry.

You sound like you have just started finance school. Sorry, buddy.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:56:52 PM

The first response of so many people on this forum is to use insult. You've made exactly 3 posts on here and already feel entitled to slam the OP.

Naming George Soros isn't name-dropping. Soros is an extremely well-known name, almost as much as Buffett. No one would choose him to 'name drop'.

Is he a moron? Well his politics usually are, but he certainly knows how to make money.
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:57:01 PM

Reasonable deal, I don't know why people are getting upset about it. Don't take it up if you don't like it  Roll Eyes

Though I don't understand what the piece of shit George Soros has to do with it,... What a cunt.
He isn't a clever trader he is a crony capitalist who exports death around the world via his NGO's

Sooner someone puts a bullet in him the better.  hopefully a Ukrainian, That would be fair

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:04:37 AM

Reasonable deal, I don't know why people are getting upset about it. Don't take it up if you don't like it  Roll Eyes

Though I don't understand what the piece of shit George Soros has to do with it,... What a cunt.
He isn't a clever trader he is a crony capitalist who exports death around the world via his NGO's

Sooner someone puts a bullet in him the better.  hopefully a Ukrainian, That would be fair

OK let me clarify the Soros thing. @chesthing clearly blamed short selling as a moronic investment, and even went as far as claiming that simply not buying a security would be better than short selling in case of a price drop, as @Bimmerhead explained above why this couldn't be the case. I gave the name of George Soros not because I love him, but because of his very well known billion dollar British Pound short selling venture.
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:21:52 AM

OK let me clarify the Soros thing. @chesthing clearly blamed short selling as a moronic investment, and even went as far as claiming that simply not buying a security would be better than short selling in case of a price drop, as @Bimmerhead explained above why this couldn't be the case. I gave the name of George Soros not because I love him, but because of his very well known billion dollar British Pound short selling venture.

Easy to short when you know your buddies will push the price down for you

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
jeewaka

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:08:45 AM

The first response of so many people on this forum is to use insult. You've made exactly 3 posts on here and already feel entitled to slam the OP.

Naming George Soros isn't name-dropping. Soros is an extremely well-known name, almost as much as Buffett. No one would choose him to 'name drop'.

Is he a moron? Well his politics usually are, but he certainly knows how to make money.
Really, well why don't you use Pablo Escobar too, since he made money.
Both you and the OP of the thread know your stuff.
Keep enlightening us with your knowledge of Warren Buffett and Soros.
You both sound like the Oligarchs who made money on scams the same way the OP is here is causing speculation.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:42:11 AM

He used Soros because he is famous for SHORT-SELLING, which the OP is inviting you to do here if you believe Waves is going down.
JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 06:06:58 AM

He used Soros because he is famous for SHORT-SELLING, which the OP is inviting you to do here if you believe Waves is going down.

Haha man this conversation is gettin funny eh?

We are trying to show short selling MIGHT be profitable IF the price goes down Cheesy
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 08:25:00 AM

Nice option you have setup JollyTrades, interesting to see how it all plays out. Good luck with the loans!
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 08:49:02 AM

this is actually an opportunity for someone who are good at shorting and buying at a certain low price. for those who have brave souls, the dumping will happen within 24 hours and thats just about enough for you.

maybe you can share this bet in the lisk thread so it attract potential takers. lot of users from lisk did it so they might as well grab this opportunity.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀