Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:44:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 680 BTC Loan?  (Read 3024 times)
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:05:35 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 02:16:09 AM by Duomo

Yes, people have that amount of bitcoin here on this forum. But what part of NO, do you not understand, no one wants to give an amount to buy a Lamborghini Huracan or a Ferrari 458 Speciale with that. What if you run away with the money. There is a difference between $3,000 and $300,000+, I am just starting to think you don't understand or don't comprehend or have the basic understand of the English Language. No one wants to give you that amount without collateral. Go find angel investors, no one here cares about funding your business with a irreverisble Crypto-Currency.

I have been here two years and approaching three and you by far are the individual who lacks the most intelligence I have come across.

It's just a no.

P.S
Wow, I never knew Hero Members could be so stupid but you have proved me wrong.

Calm down dude.  Those of us who have been around longer than you remember burnside.  No need to throw such a fit.  If you don't trust him or don't want to lend to him then don't.  Depending on how things go some of us might just invest.  You are too blinded by your rage or whatever that is to even consider it.  Fine.  We all have your opinion right there in my quote so there is no need for you to ever come back to this thread.

P.S
Zero (0) Rage here, Just decreasing my risk adjusted rage to hedge against risk and I encourage others to do so.

BurtW, you are one of the most respectable people I respect on this forum and if I had I money, I would help you in any situation because you are a legitimate person asking for financial help. I would never treat you with ANY disrespect but can you see from a perspective how this amount is a little out of there? This is seriously kind of unreasonable that is way out of there, this is quite a crazy amount to as for this. Any one is free to fulfill this loan if feel comfortable.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 04:59:30 AM

P.S
Zero (0) Rage here, Just decreasing my risk adjusted rage to hedge against risk and I encourage others to do so.

BurtW, you are one of the most respectable people I respect on this forum and if I had I money, I would help you in any situation because you are a legitimate person asking for financial help. I would never treat you with ANY disrespect but can you see from a perspective how this amount is a little out of there? This is seriously kind of unreasonable that is way out of there, this is quite a crazy amount to as for this. Any one is free to fulfill this loan if feel comfortable.
Thanks for that.  I really appreciate it.  I agree with you that we all need to be very careful and suspicious here on these forums.  They are filled with people that are only here to scam in any way they can.  And they are always coming up with new ways to do it!  I also agree burnside is asking for a hell of a lot of BTC. 

Keep your guard up, and make sure you are dealing with reputable people.  That is way easier to say than to do.  As you may know I have been around the block myself - scammed out of thousands of Bitcoins by someone I actually met in person and trusted.  He turned out to be one of the biggest scammers ever on this forum.  He is in jail now but that is little consolation to the many very experienced Bitcoiners he was able to scam.  I learned a lot from that experience and hope I can avoid that same mistake in the future.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:42:17 PM

Yes, people have that amount of bitcoin here on this forum. But what part of NO, do you not understand, no one wants to give an amount to buy a Lamborghini Huracan or a Ferrari 458 Speciale with that. What if you run away with the money. There is a difference between $3,000 and $300,000+, I am just starting to think you don't understand or don't comprehend or have the basic understand of the English Language. No one wants to give you that amount without collateral. Go find angel investors, no one here cares about funding your business with a irreverisble Crypto-Currency.

I have been here two years and approaching three and you by far are the individual who lacks the most intelligence I have come across.

It's just a no.

P.S
Wow, I never knew Hero Members could be so stupid but you have proved me wrong.

Calm down dude.  Those of us who have been around longer than you remember burnside.  No need to throw such a fit.  If you don't trust him or don't want to lend to him then don't.  Depending on how things go some of us might just invest.  You are too blinded by your rage or whatever that is to even consider it.  Fine.  We all have your opinion right there in my quote so there is no need for you to ever come back to this thread.

P.S

I would vouch that Burnside is a trustworthy member. He held much more Bitcoin of users funds for a fairly long duration (relative to the age of Bitcoin) compared to the loan he is requesting now. I have also confirmed that he is truly searching for this loan on another platform besides Bitcointalk (meaning if his account was sold he also sold his logins to other sites/applications... which I highly doubt). This is actually one of, if not the most sane loan requests I have seen on this forum... The only thing that seems to irk you is the size of the loan.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:14:29 AM

I would vouch that Burnside is a trustworthy member. He held much more Bitcoin of users funds for a fairly long duration (relative to the age of Bitcoin) compared to the loan he is requesting now. I have also confirmed that he is truly searching for this loan on another platform besides Bitcointalk (meaning if his account was sold he also sold his logins to other sites/applications... which I highly doubt). This is actually one of, if not the most sane loan requests I have seen on this forum... The only thing that seems to irk you is the size of the loan.

Thanks for that, appreciate it!

I think I had over 50k BTC and around 200k LTC on deposit at one point.  Definitely enough to retire on, even at the $100 exchange rate at the time.   Wink

If BTC keeps going up, then the number of BTC needed will go down.  I think it'd be about 590 BTC now.  If we're all lucky, it'll go up enough in a couple months that I won't even need the loan.   Grin

Cheers
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:05:16 PM

Why don't you ask for that loan in Loanbase or BTCJam? If you are transparent enough then I think you should not have a problem asking for such loan with your ID proof.

600 BTC is not a mere loan which can be asked anonymously. Instead of criticisms you will get nothing here.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 07:09:31 PM

Why don't you ask for that loan in Loanbase or BTCJam? If you are transparent enough then I think you should not have a problem asking for such loan with your ID proof.

600 BTC is not a mere loan which can be asked anonymously. Instead of criticisms you will get nothing here.

Good question.  BTCJAM caps out around $30k and has horrible interest rates.  I actually setup an account there, did all the account verifications, then discovered as I was creating the loan that it wasn't going to work.  Loanbase last time I checked was similar... really bad interest rates.

I am not anonymous.  Quite the opposite, I'm fairly well known to Bitcoiners who were around in 2012 - 2013.

Thanks!

ChasingCarsEU

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

ARgRd5YDR199ZpCs9wjtjhxfDzN6vpDHq6

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:11:22 PM

I know taking several loans out isn't the best case scenario for your company but you could always try obtaining this loan split in 3-4, maybe it'd be easier for someone to finance you.

Best of luck, cheers! Smiley

sase007

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:54:51 PM

Wait, you want a ~$300000 loan to produce a game?
I'm pretty sure that the game would be cheaper todeveloptan that?
Could you not ask the bank for a loan against your business of $300000 instead.
wiked1

Activity: 419
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:42:54 AM

What are you putting up against the loan?Collateral should be worth more than the principal and it should include some verifiable assets without any liens or encumberances.Its not viable to enter an agreement in btc either for this amount due to volatility and lifespan of agreement maybe?You should draft up some proposal but you could also look at crowdfunding your idea and selling equity to raise capital but if you have any assets worth more than the principal you would be in a better position maybe?
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:24:00 PM

What are you putting up against the loan?Collateral should be worth more than the principal and it should include some verifiable assets without any liens or encumberances.Its not viable to enter an agreement in btc either for this amount due to volatility and lifespan of agreement maybe?You should draft up some proposal but you could also look at crowdfunding your idea and selling equity to raise capital but if you have any assets worth more than the principal you would be in a better position maybe?

Read the OP.  He says collateral is "not likely to happen".
At this point he is guaging interest.  He is also looking at VC funding and other options.  This guy isn't one if the fly-by-nighters looking for a gambling fix or to buy some trust.
 Look him up; Ethan Burnside.
Gwapo

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:06:35 PM

Ethan Burnside, a person who was fined $58,387 for violating the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, and the Investment Company Act of 1940 and is neither admitting nor denying the charges by paying the fines.

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/united-states-sec-fines-btc-trading-corp-unregistered-bitcoin-stock-exchange

Everyone should worry him for sending that amount of loan so as to how he will pay back if he is targeted by SEC again?
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:40:19 PM

Ethan Burnside, a person who was fined $58,387 for violating the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, and the Investment Company Act of 1940 and is neither admitting nor denying the charges by paying the fines.

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/united-states-sec-fines-btc-trading-corp-unregistered-bitcoin-stock-exchange

Everyone should worry him for sending that amount of loan so as to how he will pay back if he is targeted by SEC again?

Here's a sample of his capabilities.  Here is one of his businesses.

edit: He got screwed by the SEC and I'm sure he has learned from that experience.  He's an intelligent guy.

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 10:03:23 PM

I know taking several loans out isn't the best case scenario for your company but you could always try obtaining this loan split in 3-4, maybe it'd be easier for someone to finance you.

Best of luck, cheers! Smiley

Thanks!  I may end up splitting it if I can't find it all in one place.  A split actually would work in my favor if I'm working with angels because then I'd get more advisors involved in the deal.

Wait, you want a ~$300000 loan to produce a game?
I'm pretty sure that the game would be cheaper todeveloptan that?
Could you not ask the bank for a loan against your business of $300000 instead.

I'm developing the game out of pocket using retirement savings.  I estimate cost for the initial version to be around $150,000.  The purpose of the loan is to get the company through the 6 months following deployment of the game, during which I will need to hire marketing staff, customer service staff, grow the server farm, buy advertisements, etc.  I also want to continue development after launch, to add new content, etc.

Yup, that's me!  I started the project before the US Gov't had acknowledged BTC at all.  As it turned out I was the guy that didn't run a fractional reserve, or make off with customer deposits like Bitcoinica, MtGox, GLBSE, Bitfunder, ad infinum.  Also the one that stayed online a year after closure so everyone could withdraw, get their tax records, etc.

Here's a sample of his capabilities.  Here is one of his businesses.

Thanks for that!  More at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ethanburnside
DeathProxyX

Activity: 252

Earn by Forex. Try our services

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:58:33 AM

I would be honest:  i've some doubt abount your identity. Roll Eyes

All your trust are from 2013 and your last post before restart was in 2014 .

Could you explain? It seems that you have bought this account from previous user. 

◄INVEST IN FOREX  AND EARN 10% DAILY● AVAILABLE A  FULL RANGE OF SERVICE FOR YOUR GAIN ►
Account Manager with loss refund policy, Forex Analisys, Trainig, Tips
Follow link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334480.0 
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 11:44:03 AM

I would be honest:  i've some doubt abount your identity. Roll Eyes

All your trust are from 2013 and your last post before restart was in 2014 .

Could you explain? It seems that you have bought this account from previous user. 

I had the same doubt up thread.  Please read the thread.  He explained it to me.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:15:32 PM

I am very positively surprised to see the amount of the loan.

I'm afraid that this is still not the best place to talk about such large amounts, but it shows which way goes Bitcoin and how serious it becomes.

I keep my fingers crossed that you will find investor on Bitcointalk.
It will be BIG step for lending section.

Good luck!
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:36:12 AM

Good luck!

Haha, it would be it sounds like.  Smiley

I need to update the topic.  Bitcoin keeps going up.  "only" 520 BTC needed at today's exchange.   Grin
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:17:34 AM

Seriously, as trustworthy as you are on this forum, accounts can be bought and sold and therefore your reputation doesn't really count... And 680 BTC is pretty absurd, I doubt anyone can fulfill that amount even if you choose to split it up into smaller shares.

I suggest you take a loan out in real life from a bank. However you seem to not wanting to offer your house as collateral...
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 05:15:39 PM

Seriously, as trustworthy as you are on this forum, accounts can be bought and sold and therefore your reputation doesn't really count... And 680 BTC is pretty absurd, I doubt anyone can fulfill that amount even if you choose to split it up into smaller shares.

I suggest you take a loan out in real life from a bank. However you seem to not wanting to offer your house as collateral...

520 BTC, due to exchange rate.

I would absolutely be working with any lender(s) outside the forum, I don't think it makes much difference how much you trust the account.

I can't get a loan from the local bank, that's the problem.  I just moved to Canada and my Permanent Residence is pending.  I don't have a SIN yet, thus no credit history either.  I will definitely try local avenues again once the product is further along.  There are angels in the area that I've been in contact with, they're just very wary right now because they've been burned quite a bit lately I guess.

Cheers.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:25:50 AM

Good luck!

Haha, it would be it sounds like.  Smiley

I need to update the topic.  Bitcoin keeps going up.  "only" 520 BTC needed at today's exchange.   Grin

Smiley yep, it would be..

Today I got the idea that maybe you can look for cooperation with a crowdfunding service, or maybe even open it by yourself.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: