Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So my transaction is not confirming for 12+Hrs.. Is this normal? Pls help  (Read 946 times)
angelinus (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Angelinus Translation & Social Media Services

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:18:20 PM

Hey guys so I have sent my bitcoins from an exchange to my wallet and it has been 12+hrs and yet it has not been confirmed. I am not really savvy about bitcoins so could you please tell me what will happen? Thanks ..

https://blockchain.info/tx/39aa391f603be5ee0c52fcf01861207c7fa9a0347b5be8211b1830c17c816c8d
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

Yes, the transaction fee that you included with the tx, is only 0.00012, whereas the recommended fee is around 0.0002.
Don't worry, if the address that you've sent the btc to is correct, you'll receive your coins soon enough. Wink

Next time, Include more fees.. Cheesy
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 04:31:55 PM

Stop sending spam.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
angelinus (OP)

Activity: 144

Angelinus Translation & Social Media Services

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:33:02 PM

Yes, the transaction fee that you included with the tx, is only 0.00012, whereas the recommended fee is around 0.0002.
Don't worry, if the address that you've sent the btc to is correct, you'll receive your coins soon enough. Wink

Thanks.. So will it by any chance get cancelled? And if it returns, it is an online exchange with many addresses.. Will the funds be returned to the right address?

and also if it ever gets confirmed.. How long does it take on average?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I know I sound stupid am just new to this.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:38:53 PM

Thanks.. So will it by any chance get cancelled? And if it returns, it is an online exchange with many addresses.. Will the funds be returned to the right address?

If you withdrew these funds from an exchange, the transaction won't be cancelled. (Exchanges don't double spend)
Usually it takes around 15-20 mins for a transaction to get confirmed.

And there are no dumb questions, bro. Wink
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:41:59 PM

I once sent BTC to Yobit and that took 1 day so no 12 hours isn't that long
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:43:02 PM

it's because of the rise on this beginning of friday.

mempool are almost purged now (5500 transactions on my mempool) ... so, it's strange that it don't have a confirmation now.

http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/39aa391f603be5ee0c52fcf01861207c7fa9a0347b5be8211b1830c17c816c8d
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:46:39 PM

Over time it will be dropped from the network and will "return" to the address or addresses that tried to sent it.
In theory, the exchange should re-credit your account, since the btc "returned".

If in the future, you can no longer find your transaction still pending, and don't see a credit to your exchange account,
you should contact your exchange since they should have re-credited your account. What exchange did you use?

If it does get confirmed, it will still take a long time and is impossible to accurately determine.
If there are no more new transactions by other people added to the network,
I'd guess it will be confirmed in 28 blocks from now. But that is if no new transactions.

Looking at the current mempool, I'll guess it will return and need to be re-broadcasted.
In order to be placed into the next block, the fee should have been around 0.00065

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:50:19 PM

with 0,0012 of fees, no chance that it will return.
will be confirmed at night after exchange switch daytime period ...
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:30:35 PM

Hello,

You  send a medium amount (~2 btc) and you paid a low fee only (10000 satoshis).You need to wait 1-2 days for confirmation depend on network traffic.In some days blockchain work hard because spams attacks.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:36:21 PM

Hey guys so I have sent my bitcoins from an exchange to my wallet and it has been 12+hrs and yet it has not been confirmed. I am not really savvy about bitcoins so could you please tell me what will happen? Thanks ..

https://blockchain.info/tx/39aa391f603be5ee0c52fcf01861207c7fa9a0347b5be8211b1830c17c816c8d
Quick question, Op. What wallet are you using? Also did you set that transaction fee manually or your wallet did it on its own?
If you did it, then in the future please let fee tab on default and not tinker with it. As you can see it is not worth the time.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 06:47:21 PM

Actually, a couple of good questions.  A couple of points: you should always keep your coin on an address in which you control the private key.  If you're making a transaction to a third party from the exchange address you could run into problems....many sites know that it's not secure to send transactions back to the "sending" address and will require a signature verification before doing so, or will just push the transaction back without comment....that could be a hassle!  So, never use an exchange as you would a wallet; always move your funds from the exchange to your personal wallet before engaging in a transaction to another party; you have better and more secure control over your coin that way.  exchange != wallet
daynomate

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:00:46 AM

Hey guys I sent ~8BTC about 5 hours ago - including the recommended fee of 0.0056BTC and have not got a single confirmation yet. Surely that's not normal??

I sent it from BT 0.8.6 Wallet on Windows to CoinJar

The weird thing is only minutes earlier I'd sent 0.001 (again with the recommended fee) to the same address and it got 1 confirmation within a minute.
Enotche

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:31:34 AM

If you decide to save money on fees - then wait longer.
By the way I noticed that when the rate jumps dramatically it is better to make more commission.

Also I found this:
"Well, the fact that" many translations and remain without evidence or rejected by the system "is generally a normal and correct behavior of the system, which was almost always - because the network is constantly circulating heap transactional spam and simply incorrect transactions and all similar and should be either. immediately rejected or hang in the cache miners for long periods with the lowest processing priority and included in the block only if it still has the "extra" space for which no claim no normal transaction and miner it has found "good" and allow such to their units include.

By accounting including transactions which, in general, do not have to be confirmed or can wait arbitrarily long (ie attributable to the spam category) and the transition from secondary media (as the chart blockchain.info) to the arithmetic average-when a small number of transactions are suspended for days significant shift this very average. "(c)
daynomate

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:46:05 AM

That's the thing - I included the recommended fee.

And when I go to blockchain to check the TXID it says it doesn't exist :/
Nowl1935

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:13:21 AM

Same problem bro, They said that its blockchain problem again, ive waiting for my gambling payment 10 hours. It is normal
daynomate

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:25:35 AM

Okay cheers. So am I ok to delete my client and wallet now? I've emptied it out wanting to reinstall my PC so I transferred it to exchange for safety =D
daynomate

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:48:38 AM

Hmmm.... 26 hours so far :/
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:52:46 AM

Hmmm.... 26 hours so far :/

Create your own thread and post your transaction ID (though the answer you'll get is probably the same as most cases: Wait). It's not even clear that the users here are replying to you and not OP.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:59:02 AM

The same happened to me last week. I transferred BTC0.023 to one of my wallets, and paid a fee of BTC0.001. The transaction almost took 120 hours (5 days) to confirm. I noticed that the file size was a little bit high (it was around 20 KB), but then it would not be economical for me to pay 10% or 15% in transaction fees.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: