Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner declares bankruptcy due to increased competition, upcoming halving  (Read 4184 times)
blockcrushr (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 06:30:10 PM

KnCMiner declares bankruptcy due to increased competition, upcoming halving

https://www.blockcrushr.com/kncminer-declares-bankruptcy-due-increased-competition-upcoming-halving

“Due to high uncertainty regarding the bitcoin block halving that occurs in July, in combination with a continued rapid capacity expansion from our competitors, the company is very unlikely to be able to fulfil it’s obligations past July. The board therefore took the decision to take the company voluntarily into receivership.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stonefree

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:10:17 PM

$21M in funding(s) just went to waste...
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:13:42 PM

Ah crap... so what mining companys are left now?
stonefree

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:08:12 PM

3 biggest ones are in China and a couple of big ones still "alive" in europe (iceland, C.republic)

if im not mistaken
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:29:10 PM

What about the ppl who paid thousands for hardware!?!?!??!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:32:59 PM

What do you mean by "Aw crap",KnC was NOT selling anything (miners) to the public,ripped off those who they did sell to awhile back & was in direct competition with home miners.

You should be sayin "Aw yeah!!!!!!" to them leaving the mining scene.

We MAY see a reduction in the diff from this,not much though,their miners are to be sold off so they'll be going somewhere to be turned back on Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:33:51 PM

This only open up a new door to them so be care full this time you all know how they roll .!!!!   don't invest in them, in any form unless you like being used abused etc ....

we should start seeing a lot of KNC stuff being sold cheap like Unacceptable said, they got what was coming to them it was just a matter of time.

They could have been top dog all most forever but they got greedie and then tried to take over the bitcoin network which can't be done.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:40:14 PM

This will cause a difficulty drop, and they probably squirreled away loads of mined BTC
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:44:48 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 11:57:25 PM by The Avenger

This will cause a difficulty drop, and they probably squirreled away loads of mined BTC
About this time last year Scam Hole said they had 10-30,000 btc "squirreled away", which was no doubt a vast and deliberate underestimate
http://digital.di.se/artikel/bitcoinbrytarnas-dolda-skattgomma

Considering they have had so much VC money since then, it would not be surprising if they had this and MUCH more squirreled away now.

I guess they decided to dump the company with it's losses on the books, cash out their btc at $475 and onto their next criminal enterprise.

Or move their mining to another part of the world that is cheaper. Otherwise the VC's who invested in them would be in court trying to get their money back. So they must be in on the scam.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:26:59 AM

So they saw they were about to become insolvent and stopped operations before that happened. Is there anything you sheep dont call a scam on this board? Just because YOU do not understand how business works you should not be running around calling everything in the world a scam.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:41:54 AM

Or BTC will double and they will come out of bankruptcy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:08:15 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 08:19:52 AM by Searing

KnCMiner declares bankruptcy due to increased competition, upcoming halving

https://www.blockcrushr.com/kncminer-declares-bankruptcy-due-increased-competition-upcoming-halving

“Due to high uncertainty regarding the bitcoin block halving that occurs in July, in combination with a continued rapid capacity expansion from our competitors, the company is very unlikely to be able to fulfil it’s obligations past July. The board therefore took the decision to take the company voluntarily into receivership.”

This is act 3 of KNC 'evil' master plan imho.....(remember KNC has always said (think I read this someplace...could be wrong) they mine to cash daily....and if they get BTC it is bought
after the fact..keep that in mind below...imho has always been a cash cow....you milk till it croaks...seems I was correct in my assumption

part 1

Make their 'home miners' (mercury,saturn,jupiter,neptune,titan) and use this customer money to fund their own data hall and use to start data center for btc mining (jupiter) ..thus getting
out of home mining..would not have been an issue except for promises and they announced data hall only months after pre-orders saying they would never have a data center etc etc

part 2

Using such a pre-order plan...and using (in the case of Neptunes) customer pre-order cash....make the units and give them to your data hall FIRST (4 months late to the original consumers who paid for all this) and also use such $$$ for your 'solar chip' which you deploy with IPO $$$ ...and NOT make available to the public whose money and product you are sitting on...and get big IPO $$$ from richer folk then home miners...same as part 1 with folk that have deeper pockets ...don't ya know
...also at this time 'hype up your' cloud mining operation for even more IPO $$$....so big IPO newbies with bigger pockets replace smaller home miner types with smaller pockets..

part 3

start another endeavor the finance part of KNC that is on the new york stock exchange....the IPO $$$ from the above farm and cloud mining above funds that is what is bleed out to use
as a startup cash for this

....then once it (the exchange)  is a going concern.....(again with even more IPO $$$ for this endeavor I presume) ...announce you are going to 'stop your mining farm' and declare bankruptcy....(you've already cash flowed it out that this makes sense at this point in time) wipe out any or all debt from previous miscalculations...and move on to your finance arm of a btc exchange operation up and running and doing well..and wash your hands from the rest

all paid for up front before any move from one endeavor to another

so 'everyone' but knc is left holding the bag as it were

'Brilliant" ie (evil pays.....tm knc) Smiley

Notice the pattern.......product (asic miners) cut off when no longer in the best interest of knc to maintain due to the 'competition' with their future data center.....
product (data mine) big IPO $$$ and such .hype on cloud mining etc and other big investors (see current coinbase article) ....up to the point where it too no longer
makes sense to make btc when you can play bank and move btc about for a fee....product (knc exchange) no fuss no muss no equip all funded in house with limited
I would think IPO $$$...kncminer the corp eats all previous debt/obligations.....win/win/win

or so it seems to me (again I think KNC is the personification of evil..so I may be biased ..my only proof is when I do laundry in my basement ..I try to avoid 'eye contact' with
the Titans...evil they are.....they will try to 'brick themselves' at any wary look I use in their direction (or so it seems) shudder Smiley

But kidding aside...the timing of how they use $$$ from others to their advantage and JUST when such money starts to benefit (users say more miners) or (IPO $$$ say a good return on their investment) knc then just up and goes into a 'completely different direction...leaving the above parties....with nothing to show for the investment ..then the good and happy face of Sam Cole as he uses the $$$ in a completely NEW endeavor

again the 'evil' thing they do have it down pat..most legit businesses at least 'wait' a bit so the consumers get a taste of some of the benifit of all this or in the IPO $$$ case at least
some return on their trust and investment....but not KNC ..the grass is always better at the other side of the hill as they 'sprint away'....

so I expect to see another lawsuit to KNC by the IPO investors....ie ..same song....a different band as it were

evil...got to say...they do it 'well' indeed Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:00:41 AM

http://digital.di.se/artikel/bitcoinkursen-knackte-knc-miner--ansoker-om-konkurs

"With us it was about to go to the moon or nowhere. We never aimed to build a medium-sized company. Our investors are not happy, but they understand the situation. "

Guys, can't you read between the lines? They went bankrupt because they were over-invested in Dogecoin. TO THE MOON!

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:43:32 AM

According to my analysis their first miner the KNC Saturn/Jupiter was one of the most profitable Bitcoin miners ever released. Shame that the company went downhill right after due to greed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1477198.0

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:28:36 PM

So they saw they were about to become insolvent and stopped operations before that happened. Is there anything you sheep dont call a scam on this board? Just because YOU do not understand how business works you should not be running around calling everything in the world a scam.

Might be, but as a company they did at least to say a poor job. 21m in startup capital, the assets gained from selling hardwares, and all the assets they mined themselves, and they declared bankruptcy? If they are doing around $480 cost-per-coin, then they were obviously doing something wrong in how the company's capital was being averted...

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

Might be, but as a company they did at least to say a poor job. 21m in startup capital, the assets gained from selling hardwares, and all the assets they mined themselves, and they declared bankruptcy? If they are doing around $480 cost-per-coin, then they were obviously doing something wrong in how the company's capital was being averted...

Again they did the same thing they have done before...(see my previous post) leverage from one endeavor to another leaving investors (home miners then ipo cloud and data center investors etc) holding the bag...just when the profits start to happen..they change gears from in the home miner case...mnfg to competion with data halls....with IPO $$$ as partner thru data hall and cloud miner and solar in house only chip investment ..to hey we are going bankrupt and thus JUST at the point in any of these endeavors is it gonna start to pan out for the investors (ie home miners more equip..oops.....sorry we are gonna be a data hall and used your money to be so.....ipo $$$ oops cloud mining does not work any more nor does btc equip mining with the chips you helped finance ...we are moving on to this

http://www.kncminer.com/blog/newsarchive

so it all ends up in the above ..from their fast dealing medicine show.......out of town asap....now the ABOVE from what I understand is making $$$ hand over fist and I did NOT hear about a lot of IPO $$$ to launch that puppy out of house....and remember I think I heard Sam Cole used to be a banker...so it all becomes clear now don't it

(or hell maybe they got IPO $$$ for that too and are going to invest such in the next whatever)

'Evil ..is nimble it seems' Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:54:33 PM

I am glad to see KnC miner die!  Fuck them.  It is great to see Sam Cole burn up like a 6 pin PCI-E connector on his shitty hardware.  I hope his financial loss is significant too.  They fucked so many people with their incompetence.  With this kind of operations, it serves them right that they should die a miserable death.  Bye-bye KnC! 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 04:26:08 PM

I am glad to see KnC miner die!  Fuck them.
They fucked so many people with their incompetence.

The KNC Saturn/Jupiter was one of the most profitable Bitcoin miners ever released.

Not sure how you get from there to "incompetence."

I guess you believe competence alone is enough to guarantee endless success, no matter how external business conditions like price/difficulty change for the worse.

Perhaps raging butthurt has something to do with your bizarre, factually challenged assertion.  I've seen it happen before; it's never pretty when some n00b doesn't get the Magical Money Printing Machine he spent his entire allowance/mortgage payment gambling on.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:47:23 PM

Yeah, their early miners were super expensive but because they were super efficient compared to everything else at the time. They proved they could do good work, which is why people trusted them enough to continue buying.

Regarding claims of incompetence - that picture says quite a bit. I think bringing to market a 400W device taking in power from a single connector good for less than 300W continuous is claim enough. There's a fair bit of demonstrable shoddiness in their later miners, a bunch of rookie mistakes you wouldn't expect to see in someone's college project let alone from engineers from a multi-million-dollar company. From what I've seen of KNC miners, their silicon guys were pretty good but board-level guys need help and the mechanical guys should have been fired.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 05:08:07 PM

Yeah, their early miners were super expensive but because they were super efficient compared to everything else at the time. They proved they could do good work, which is why people trusted them enough to continue buying.

Regarding claims of incompetence - that picture says quite a bit. I think bringing to market a 400W device taking in power from a single connector good for less than 300W continuous is claim enough. There's a fair bit of demonstrable shoddiness in their later miners, a bunch of rookie mistakes you wouldn't expect to see in someone's college project let alone from engineers from a multi-million-dollar company. From what I've seen of KNC miners, their silicon guys were pretty good but board-level guys need help and the mechanical guys should have been fired.

"That picture" only shows how desperate you are to find something that can back up the otherwise unsupportable assertion of incompetence.

KNC didn't make that power cable.  Those cables are made by the PSU maker (or more likely, a subcontractor), and once in a while you'll get a poorly made one not fit for continuous load (whether under or over spec).  And if you put it in crooked or don't push it in all the way, you're going to have a bad time.

I've seen, on rare occasion, those PCIE connects burn out even with Seasonic PSUs, which are server grade and run well over spec just fine.

Before that, I also spent years running overclocked GPUs with those same cables.  Going over spec isn't a big deal, no matter how much Concern you try to generate.

You're really reaching to use one fried cable as some sort of trump card.  Better warm up first, or you might pull a muscle!   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████