Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overturn Proof Paypal?  (Read 1290 times)
bitcoinminer (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:25:02 AM

I remember once from years ago when I actually used to use PayPal, that if you were sent a package, even if the stuff was completely broken you couldn't get your money back from the seller.

So what if you're selling BTC to someone, and they want to pay via PayPal?  I was thinking you could mail them a USB stick or DVD or something with the BTC on them, hang on to the tracking number, and use that as your proof on PayPal if they tried to overturn it?

Any thoughts?  I still hate PayPal and have used it maybe once in the last two years, but I'm thinking there's a lot I'll need to do via PayPal if I want to get equipment off of ebay, etc.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcredit

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:22:56 AM

Can't a brother get a little peace?

It's war on the streets and the war in the Middle East.

Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:11:48 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 09:12:11 AM by Stephen Gornick

So what if you're selling BTC to someone, and they want to pay via PayPal?  I was thinking you could mail them a USB stick or DVD or something with the BTC on them, hang on to the tracking number, and use that as your proof on PayPal if they tried to overturn it?

Paypal warns:

> The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection.
> Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described.
> Intangible items, including Digital Goods, and services.
> Items that are not shipped to the recipient address. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection.

A dispute with one or more of those and kiss your PayPal monies goodbye.  Even with a tracking number.

Other reasons PayPal will honor a dispute by the buyer:

- "my dog must have placed that order"
- "It was Wednesday"
- etc.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:17:56 PM

Right, but what you are selling would be a physical CD or USB stick, which WOULDNT be something digital only.

-Warren Buffett
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:23:38 PM

So what if you're selling BTC to someone, and they want to pay via PayPal?  I was thinking you could mail them a USB stick or DVD or something with the BTC on them, hang on to the tracking number, and use that as your proof on PayPal if they tried to overturn it?

Paypal warns:

> The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection.
> Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described.
> Intangible items, including Digital Goods, and services.
> Items that are not shipped to the recipient address. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection.

A dispute with one or more of those and kiss your PayPal monies goodbye.  Even with a tracking number.

Other reasons PayPal will honor a dispute by the buyer:

- "It must have been my dog that placed the order"
- "It was Wednesday"
- etc.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full

I'm dealing with that one as well speak. Sold then shipped a CPU with absolute proof it was shipped to buyer and I'm on appeal right now. Buyer claims nothing was in the package. I have the original package and proof of the difference in weight. However Paypal would rather blow donkeys than use any logic or reasoning when reviewing a dispute.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
bitcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:33:03 PM

I'm dealing with that one as well speak. Sold then shipped a CPU with absolute proof it was shipped to buyer and I'm on appeal right now. Buyer claims nothing was in the package. I have the original package and proof of the difference in weight. However Paypal would rather blow donkeys than use any logic or reasoning when reviewing a dispute.

I can say I'd much rather observe someone blowing donkeys than use paypal as a seller.  Call the police in the local persons town - theft that crosses state lines is a felony.  Maybe nothing will happen, but if its some high school or college punk, an in person visit from the local police usually does the trick.

But back to the topic...

-Warren Buffett
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: