Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-02-27 Rick Rule of Sprott Asset Mgmt Discusses Bitcoin  (Read 2706 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:41:18 AM

just watched this talk by doug casey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryD5lqRM-Tw (I think it was posted here but can't find the post).

Watch that video (especially the 2ndish part about getting yourself and your wealth out of the country). Then look my avatar straight in the eye and say: "Bitcoin is in a bubble".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xcsler

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

Yeah if we were to get these guys on board, it would be massive, they are also great salesmen.  As the goldbug community gets converted, Sprott will also fall in line, I'm sure.  Rick Rule is one of the smartest/erudite/successful goldbugs on the planet, his position on Bitcoin has and will evolve just like it's starting to do with the Mises guys and James Turk.

Great video. I had a pretty in-depth discussion with Rick Rule, along with a separate discussion with Peter Schiff, and others, last Saturday at the investment conference in Palm Springs. Great to see this coming along.

I thought you said you sorta scared Schiff in that he didn't want you to make him look like a fool. Schiff is pretty computer/tech illiterate but obviously an economic giant. Do you think he'll ever come around to understanding the value of BTC or is he too wedded to his PM busines?. Maybe you can get on his show (if you are who I think you are)  and discuss BTC now that it made a new all time high.

we don't need schiff. he can miss the train

At this point the more we have the better.

the more people missing the train or the more people on the bitcoin train? This isn't 2010 or 2011; bitcoin is here to stay.

The more people we have promoting Bitcoin the better. It's not 2010 or 2011 but nonetheless 99.9% of the population hasn't heard of Bitcoin and if they have still don't understand its significance. When the USD/BTC exchange rate is listed in every newspaper and referenced every hour on CNBC there is still promotion to be done.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:18:52 PM

just watched this talk by doug casey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryD5lqRM-Tw (I think it was posted here but can't find the post).

Watch that video (especially the 2ndish part about getting yourself and your wealth out of the country). Then look my avatar straight in the eye and say: "Bitcoin is in a bubble".

just what does your avatar mean?

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 10:33:39 PM

the thing with Rick Rule; if he wanted in he'd have to ask for help. and if he asks for help and doesn't want people to know he'd have to ask for secret help......seems hard

and to knowingly get in he has to have people working around him that also trust bitcoin as an investment.

My market cap point is that bitcoin is small. and if he invested as much as he'd invest into a company with similar market cap, he would send shockwaves; so I wouldn't think he'd do that and if investing less then its LESS worth it to get in......therefore...maybe wait until bitcoin looks more secure

The more people we have promoting Bitcoin the better. It's not 2010 or 2011 but nonetheless 99.9% of the population hasn't heard of Bitcoin and if they have still don't understand its significance. When the USD/BTC exchange rate is listed in every newspaper and referenced every hour on CNBC there is still promotion to be done.

I think over 0.1% HAVE heard of bitcoin. 1% would be good enough (10x now)

I DON'T want bitcoin listed on every newspaper (if those exist next year) and TV show because then the government would for sure have already stepped in to help 'regulate' our free market liberating currency turning it into something ugly

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:01:49 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2013, 01:27:07 PM by Spaceman_Spiff

It's the flying spaghetti monster.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:06:13 AM

It's the flying spaghetti monster. I'm a pastafarian.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:09:48 AM

the thing with Rick Rule; if he wanted in he'd have to ask for help. and if he asks for help and doesn't want people to know he'd have to ask for secret help......seems hard

I'm sure people like Trace Meyer would understand the need for secrecy and help discretely.

and to knowingly get in he has to have people working around him that also trust bitcoin as an investment.

My market cap point is that bitcoin is small. and if he invested as much as he'd invest into a company with similar market cap, he would send shockwaves; so I wouldn't think he'd do that and if investing less then its LESS worth it to get in......therefore...maybe wait until bitcoin looks more secure

Yeah, this makes sense I guess. Maybe this whole thing is a continuum. Bigger and bigger (and increasingly risk-averse) investors come in while (and because) the "capitalization" is growing.
Bitcoin might be too small yet for the big fish, but fish come in all sizes.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

thats the great point molecular

fish come in all sizes Smiley

market cap 400mil. 500 million will be a great psychological point

http://blockchain.info/charts/market-cap?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: