Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy Way to get Free Electricity for mining  (Read 11235 times)
Grover (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:36:34 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2013, 11:53:01 PM by Grover

Get an inverter or the proper DC gear.  Then drive your plugin hybrid to a free charging station, hopefully a close one.  Either drive real slow on the way home or have a friend give you a tow, or use your AAA.  Once the juice is in the garage hook you car's battery pack into your rig and you're good to go.

Yes there is the upfront cost of the hybrid or electric car.

Also if you're rural, you could load a flatbed with a bunch of deepcycle marine or heavy equipment batteries install a few small windmills and gen packs then you'll be charging on your way into town to get groceries.

Both ideas are fool proof.  Plus you could charge your battery loaded flatbed at a charging station.  Call it an experimental vehicle.

If you disagree; do you have a better idear?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 10:25:15 AM

The electricity isn't free because you're still getting it from the plug you numpty, it's like these environmentalists who claim that sort of thing is wonderful despite it coming from YEP coal! Which shows you just how much they really give a fuck about their precious planet.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 02:20:54 PM

wouldn't it be easier to run an extension cord to your neighbor's house?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 02:27:43 PM

This. Also, I suggest OP try http://otherpower.com/?q=Conservation/otherpower_experiments_bicycle.html

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 02:30:19 PM

That all sounds very complicated. Why not just keep it plugged in where it is now, but mug a guy or two for the cash to pay your bill?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 05:05:47 PM

People just need to stop thinking mining is some kind of get rich quick scheme that they can make lots of profit from >_>
bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:23:10 PM

The electricity isn't free because you're still getting it from the plug you numpty

hahaha + 1, thanks Lethn, I was due a good laugh Smiley people are sheep these days.

OP why don't you just go the illegal route like the other retards do and bypass your electricity meter

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:44:20 PM

Also if you're rural, you could load a flatbed with a bunch of deepcycle marine or heavy equipment batteries install a few small windmills and gen packs then you'll be charging on your way into town to get groceries.

Both ides are fool proof.  Plus you could charge your battery loaded flatbed at a charging station.  Call it an experimental vehicle.

Of you disagree you have a better idear?

So you get free electricity by spending $20k on an electric car, or probably 3x that amount spent on a flatbed of batteries? (that will need replacing in less than three years).  This is one of most bone-headed ideas I've heard in a long time.  Wait, i take that back.  Buying a 20k car just to have a battery on wheels that, in your scheme, would require a tow every day once it got a full "free" charge.  

Oy vey.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:07:21 AM

So you get free electricity by spending $20k on an electric car,
And ruining that car in a VERY short amount of time.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:27:00 AM

I left out you could go to all the public schools and donate stationary bikes with gen packs. You could call it pedal for profit, its a win/win, the little chubbies profit from losing weight and you'd profit from the electricity.

Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:28:54 AM

The electricity isn't free because you're still getting it from the plug you numpty, it's like these environmentalists who claim that sort of thing is wonderful despite it coming from YEP coal! Which shows you just how much they really give a fuck about their precious planet.

You're thinking of it in the wrong way.  Open your mind, let go of logic and the facts of the physical world and you will see the greatness.
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:30:02 AM

Yeah, but only if your neighbor's name is Rube Goldberg.
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:32:58 AM

People just need to stop thinking mining is some kind of get rich quick scheme that they can make lots of profit from >_>

You cant?

Well if you implement my ideas as a business you sure could depreciate the equipment and maybe even get a $500million loan from barry's boondoggle energy projects.
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:34:26 AM

That all sounds very complicated. Why not just keep it plugged in where it is now, but mug a guy or two for the cash to pay your bill?

Now, you have  good plan.
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:36:31 AM

This. Also, I suggest OP try http://otherpower.com/?q=Conservation/otherpower_experiments_bicycle.html

I'm too lazy.  I'll force fat kids to pedal.
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:39:43 AM

The electricity isn't free because you're still getting it from the plug you numpty

hahaha + 1, thanks Lethn, I was due a good laugh Smiley people are sheep these days.

OP why don't you just go the illegal route like the other retards do and bypass your electricity meter

Thanks!

Sarcasm has a lot of hang-time in some arenas. (My OP is intended as sarcasm(
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:43:12 AM

Both ides are fool proof.  Plus you could charge your battery loaded flatbed at a charging station.  Call it an experimental vehicle.

Of you disagree you have a better idear?

So you get free electricity by spending $20k on an electric car, or probably 3x that amount spent on a flatbed of batteries? (that will need replacing in less than three years).  This is one of most bone-headed ideas I've heard in a long time.  Wait, i take that back.  Buying a 20k car just to have a battery on wheels that, in your scheme, would require a tow every day once it got a full "free" charge.  

Oy vey.

Some people have no vision.  If you think of this from a government spending point of view its Nobel Prize worthy.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:00:09 AM

9 posts in a nonsensical thread.  You've met the obligatory requirement of 5 posts to escape newbieland... Lending section is that way -->
Grover (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 08:14:05 AM

9 posts in a nonsensical thread.  You've met the obligatory requirement of 5 posts to escape newbieland... Lending section is that way -->

Remind me to put ur name on Santa's grumpy list.

And my ideas are legit.
AmpEater

Activity: 232
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:02:40 PM

You guys are silly

Wind turbines installed on a truck don't make energy, they convert the fuel used to power the truck into electricity.  You're better off running a generator.  Or just installing the wind turbines on a hill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: