Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:20:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has it become so hard to import paper wallets?  (Read 796 times)
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:48:46 AM

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I have a bunch of paper wallets and I can not find a clear way to import them in order to send them to Coinbase. I'm using iOS and a Mac, and I have blockchain.info wallet and Coinbase.

I can't find an import button on the new blockchain wallet, just legacy which I can't access.

Can someone save me from this madness and give me a clear path to getting paper wallets into Coinbase? (I don't use android)
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:50:37 AM

Don't import them to a centralized wallet. That's your first mistake. Try an app or program that doesn't store your private keys online. I suggest Mycelium or electrum.
sillug

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:56:03 AM

It hasn't become. Since the principle has always been the same, it never changed.
DrBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:23:44 PM

Don't import them to a centralized wallet. That's your first mistake. Try an app or program that doesn't store your private keys online. I suggest Mycelium or electrum.

Ok...I keep hearing about mycelium. But there isn't an iOS app, just android. So how could I use mycelium?
DrBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:27:08 PM

It hasn't become. Since the principle has always been the same, it never changed.

Fine it's me. I don't care. Just help me get it done.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:33:58 PM

According to this - https://bitaccess.co/backup/iphone/

Breadwallet for Ios deals with paper wallets just fine.
DrBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:42:49 PM

According to this - https://bitaccess.co/backup/iphone/

Breadwallet for Ios deals with paper wallets just fine.

Thank you. That appears to have what I'm looking for. I just don't understand why all apps don't allow this. You have to hunt for one.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 12:58:28 PM

use electrum to import the paper wallets then send the coins to wherever you need them to be at. it is light wallet so you don't have to download much.

here is the documentation: http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

--looking for signature--
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:03:27 PM

I use CoinPocket for IOS. It is very simple to use and support import of paper wallet. The private key can be exported (in BIP38 default). Fee is 100 bits per transaction (pre-set??).

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:19:12 PM

should be standard to import a paper wallet on any app

unless the encryption method is not used by that wallet

just take a photo, they did it on CNN and someone stole

the funds straigtt away by taking a photo of the screen

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
DrBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:34:23 PM

I did it with bread wallet. Was very easy. Thanks for the advice.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:46:21 PM

should be standard to import a paper wallet on any app unless the encryption method is not used by that wallet just take a photo, they did it on CNN and someone stole the funds straigtt away by taking a photo of the screen

when was this?
i remember there was a program that was explaining how bitcoin works and how easy it is (not sure if it was on CNN) and the QR was a giveaway nobody stole anything!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Cuidler

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:45:26 PM

I can't find an import button on the new blockchain wallet, just legacy which I can't access.

Its well hidden in blockchain.info, but you can import private key under security settings/addresses. After importing, you dont need to send the funds from paper wallet to blockchain.info main wallet (you might cancel or ignore it), just choose transactions or wallet/send and choose the imported address instead of the blockchain.info main wallet.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

should be standard to import a paper wallet on any app unless the encryption method is not used by that wallet just take a photo, they did it on CNN and someone stole the funds straigtt away by taking a photo of the screen

when was this?
i remember there was a program that was explaining how bitcoin works and how easy it is (not sure if it was on CNN) and the QR was a giveaway nobody stole anything!

https://www.rt.com/usa/bloomberg-anchor-robbed-bitcoin-747/

we where watching it live and posting here Smiley at the time,

from memory

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:50:17 PM

Why not start your own node and import them straight to their, at least then you are in control of your own money....Huh
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:40:41 AM

I'm getting extremely frustrated. I have a bunch of paper wallets and I can not find a clear way to import them in order to send them to Coinbase. I'm using iOS and a Mac, and I have blockchain.info wallet and Coinbase.

Can someone save me from this madness and give me a clear path to getting paper wallets into Coinbase? (I don't use android)

I think you can easily import paper wallet to blockchains.info , you just need the private key of a paper wallet copy it and go to this site https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/settings/imported-addresses after that hit impor wallet button and paste you private key.

but if you have logging problems , create a new wallet if the old wallet is empty. thank you
DrBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

Why not start your own node and import them straight to their, at least then you are in control of your own money....Huh

Because I have no idea what you are talking about. That's probably a good reason right? Hehe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: