Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero agenda trust abuse  (Read 861 times)
bapp (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

I have observed that trust abuse with a Monero agenda, that is the premise that "Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper thus calling it an altcoin is inaccurate and a clumsy, archaic protocol", has raised to a dangerous scope of centralized political power. At which point must the throne, Bitcointalk, interfere with this practice?

New Economy Movement (NEM) https://nem.io
The Movement (MVT) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:33:26 PM

So whereabouts is the trust abuse...? I'm confused. Are you saying the trust system on bitcointalk was abused or this character asking for Monero boards etc shouldn't be trusted? I just think it's funny Smiley and very narrow-minded of him.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 12:46:04 PM

1) Monero is not the successor of Bitcoin.
2) I don't see any trust abuse.
3) I don't see any reason for BTCT to intervene.

How about providing us with actual examples of these 'abuses'?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 02:19:48 PM

The feedback entries go along the lines of "promoting a scam coin" or "Promoter of the (...) scam" on competitor's profiles which effectively destroys their respective accounts.

Which of your scam pumping account got "destroyed" ?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 04:16:27 PM

I would like not to accuse here but some high ranking forum members are doing this.
Without giving actual examples of said 'abuse', there's nothing to go on unless you think we should waste our own time looking for said examples. Unless you provide us with something, don't expect results.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 04:24:48 PM

From what I've seen here and in some other threads, I think most of the ratings are deserved, especially considering that most of the accounts that are posting about monero are shills bought and used for the sole purpose of promoting the coin. Also, monero is an altcoin, If it wasnt, we wouldn't need to be having this discussion on BITCOINtalk

somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 06:57:34 PM

Relax, there's even been more hatred on Monero these days than the other way around Cheesy
Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:54:52 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 08:00:58 PM by Cyrus

Which of your scam pumping account got "destroyed" ?

None of my accounts got destroyed so far. I don't scam or pump either.

Pumping an altcoin is one of the tricks of trading and it's not illegal as far as I know. I do not see how the moderators can come into such issues...
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:15:23 PM

Can you name anything that Bitcoin does better than Monero, other than having a larger network?  Monero is private and untraceable by default.  It has a smooth emission curve, and flexible blocksize while still remaining pure proof-of-work.  

The only valid use case for Bitcoin in a world where Monero enjoys the same network effect will be that a public blockchain can coexist and work harmoniously with a private one.  There are some use-cases such as colored coins, etc, which work better on a public blockchain than a private one.  

However I still have pause, due to the Bitcoin's necessity in eventually moving to a fee-only economy vs. maintaining a perpetual tail emission to permanently incentivize miners with new tokens (like Cryptonote does).  

Monero is technically superior to any other coin in existence, and to call it an 'altcoin' is as ridiculous as calling Google a Yahoo-alternative.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:04:13 PM

Can you name anything that Bitcoin does better than Monero, other than having a larger network?  Monero is private and untraceable by default.  It has a smooth emission curve, and flexible blocksize while still remaining pure proof-of-work.  

The only valid use case for Bitcoin in a world where Monero enjoys the same network effect will be that a public blockchain can coexist and work harmoniously with a private one.  There are some use-cases such as colored coins, etc, which work better on a public blockchain than a private one.  

However I still have pause, due to the Bitcoin's necessity in eventually moving to a fee-only economy vs. maintaining a perpetual tail emission to permanently incentivize miners with new tokens (like Cryptonote does).  

Monero is technically superior to any other coin in existence, and to call it an 'altcoin' is as ridiculous as calling Google a Yahoo-alternative.
Monero is an alternative cryptocurrency, that is a cryptocurrency that is an alternative to bitcoin(why should we NOT call it an altcoin?). Also, what proof do you have that Monero is technically superior to any other coin in existence?

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:04:18 PM

Also, what proof do you have that Monero is technically superior to any other coin in existence?

Math, mainly.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:27:39 AM

Yes, I can name something, they spam comments like this in topics that are unrelated

Puts me off so hard
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 02:34:58 PM

Yes, I can name something, they spam comments like this in topics that are unrelated

Puts me off so hard

I agree that the Monero guys try way too hard to the point it hurts the coin. Keep the alt coins in the alt section and if you have proof of abuse then post it.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:41:48 AM

Also, what proof do you have that Monero is technically superior to any other coin in existence?

Math, mainly.
That's not proof at all. I don't even know what kind of math you are talking about.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: