Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 12:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: forever newbie!?  (Read 548 times)
mishrahsigni (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:45:51 PM

can anyone shed any light on why my 'total time logged in: 2 hours and 49 minutes' has been saying that for the last month?  is it possible that the timer get wanky if I logg in from two locations at the same time? (i have two computers here that I flip back and forth between)

Actually, this morning it just changed to 2:50, and is still 'ticking'...  fingers crossed because at this rate I will be able to post in 2045.  I have posted 8 messages here in the last 5 months... if any administrators are seeing this message,  what's up with this!? 
thanks
bilotrace

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

What is the amount of time you have to login to break from this jail?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4757

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:12:46 PM

can anyone shed any light on why my 'total time logged in: 2 hours and 49 minutes' has been saying that for the last month? 

The timer stops running when you are inactive.  You can't just log in and leave the browser sit there. You have to be actively using the site.

Newbie restrictions:

Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- Newbies cannot upload their own avatars.
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)
mishrahsigni (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:16:03 PM

5 hours
mishrahsigni (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:20:34 PM

can anyone shed any light on why my 'total time logged in: 2 hours and 49 minutes' has been saying that for the last month? 

The timer stops running when you are inactive.  You can't just log in and leave the browser sit there. You have to be actively using the site.

Newbie restrictions:

Due to a mass of trolling, only established posters are able to post in non-newbie sections. You are considered "established" if you have spent 4 hours online and have made 5 posts (new topics or replies).

If you have really good posts, you can post a request for preemptive whitelisting in the appropriate topic.

Also:
- Newbies cannot upload their own avatars.
- You must have made one post in order to send PMs.
- You need 10 posts to put a link in your signature.

Note that it may take up to 10 minutes for your PM or posting permissions to be granted. (The system automatically checks every 10 minutes and promotes people as appropriate.)

I AM actively using the site, but I am not going just sit on the page for 5 hours.  I mean, I have like 30 other things happening in 20 different tabs on 6 desktops!

Thanks.  I just sent a post to the above link
BoyRoyu

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:23:08 PM

I have 7 minutes in right now!  Getting closer!  I am so freaking excited!
mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 02:36:17 PM

Yup looks like will happen to me too.  Couldn't figure out why I can't post as well till i googled this thread..    Gonna be a long 4 hours today.
jurisg

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 03:02:51 PM

yea sitting and waiting too Tongue
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4757

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 03:11:18 PM

Yup looks like will happen to me too.  Couldn't figure out why I can't post as well till i googled this thread..    Gonna be a long 4 hours today.

You did see this screen when you signed up, right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: