Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:37:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the most common factor for your observation that affect the rising of BTC price?
Bitcoin Halving - 8 (42.1%)
Market - 7 (36.8%)
Infastracture - 3 (15.8%)
Transaction Volume - 1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reasons of rising price  (Read 1475 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:40:34 PM

China economic woes, I suspect, coupled with rising war fears.

The halfing had ZERO to do with the near-doubling of price late last year - that happened after the Chinese Markets announced they were able to take fiat payments (after a longish period they COULDN'T) allowing for a large rush of capitol into Bitcoin from Chinese investors.

It might be a factor in the current runup - but I suspect it's a minor one, as it would be more likely to cause a slower surge not the "spikes" we've BEEN seeing this past week.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:44:21 PM

buying when the banks are closed(during the weekend?). strange, right?... Grin

the big exchangers(The Cartel) need "pocket money" and they put Willy bot at work  Roll Eyes
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:48:54 PM

More people are buying than selling? All the other reasons given here are speculation and nothing but.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. Please check the title of the subforum you are in ;-) It just so happens that "speculation" is not only perfectly acceptable here, but expected as well!  Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Grin Grin Grin
aranachristianjay (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:05:53 PM

China economic woes, I suspect, coupled with rising war fears.

The halfing had ZERO to do with the near-doubling of price late last year - that happened after the Chinese Markets announced they were able to take fiat payments (after a longish period they COULDN'T) allowing for a large rush of capitol into Bitcoin from Chinese investors.

It might be a factor in the current runup - but I suspect it's a minor one, as it would be more likely to cause a slower surge not the "spikes" we've BEEN seeing this past week.

Your right about China because the slowdown in China's economy has resulted in a capital flight from China's markets and the government has had to impose capital controls to stem currency outflows. In response, investors and Chinese citizens are using bitcoin to get around these controls.

But another one reason I've found is that bitcoin price will continue to rise since the growing realization that blockchain​, Bitcoin's underlying technology, could revolutionize trading and money transfer mechanisms for major banks.

What do you Think?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: