Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 09:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk mobile friendly?  (Read 2546 times)
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:13:06 PM

I tried UC browser but its not different than a typical browser. The only thing is that it has a text-only browsing mode but it doesn't really help

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:06:26 PM

Yes there is an app in play-store but it is not as good. Better to login using some browsers like UCweb etc. Hope so there will be more user friendly mobile app of bitcoin.org in future.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1140

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 09:13:12 PM

I tried UC browser but its not different than a typical browser. The only thing is that it has a text-only browsing mode but it doesn't really help

UC browser could indeed make the browsing more user friendly than the others browsers, you just need to try fit screen/zoom view option then you will see the difference  Wink
well i should say that it has many bugs that need to be fixed
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:09:54 PM

Is there a way to make beta.bitcointalk.org default for your account?  That way clicking an email link to bitcointalk would (hopefully) redirect to the beta version.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:41:21 PM

I would support this type of topics. Me my self are also kinda out going person because of school works and when i do arrived i feel like to lazy opening my desktop. Hopefully as assumed this would be availble on the new forum
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6791

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 04:42:29 PM

Is there a way to make beta.bitcointalk.org default for your account?  That way clicking an email link to bitcointalk would (hopefully) redirect to the beta version.
beta.bitcointalk.org is not up to date with the actual live site. It is essentially its own forum created from an older copy of bitcointalk.

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:10:39 AM

Yes it would really be helpful if it at least it have a mobile site. Posting comments isn't exactly easy in this format. Even with preview I still find typos in my post which don't happen when I'm using my laptop.
canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:11:27 AM

Is there a mobile friendly version of bitcointalk forum, or maybe an app for android or something that you use?

I recently used an app found on google play but didn't work so good

It doesn't have any app you can't really find it in google play because this forum is not mobile friendly but you can still access this on your phone but its hard i mean i tried it and to post and the keypad is freaking small unlike the keyboard you can easily type as fast as you can and really it will take time and that's app is a falls app i don't really know how they will make it an app someday it would be great for phone users that don't have any PC or laptop to access this forum but you would recommend it Cheesy but until now you just gotta access it by website my friend i know its not what you want but just go for it and wait until we can afford the app of this forum Cheesy have a good day and Good luck to you sir Cheesy
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:12:59 AM

I am using it on my really old Android phone right now, you can use it if you keep up with browser updates. Otherwise it is no good

Account recovered 08-12-2019
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 6832

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:35:17 AM

A hack is to use the wap2 or the imode version. They are really ugly but functional, you can read and post.

https://bitcointalk.org/?wap2

https://bitcointalk.org/?imode

I tried UCWeb also, it has reflow, but some important buttons are very small. No one of the Android apps is working.

If there is any better solution (e.g. a custom javascript) I would be glad to know.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████