Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Accessiblity!  (Read 987 times)
cloudTc (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

In order for bitcoin to really take off, we need to make it much more accessible to the average person. The average person does not care that this is superior currency, safer in many ways than their money in the bank..all digital anyways. they care about what they know. The fact that bitcoin is beyond some people should be looked at very carefully if this is to take off like it should. If we are pioneers, than this is the next step. If we are to bring change to the world we must make bitcoin more accessible. I see the current state of bitcoin as many do, a bunch of numbers, the bare bones minimum required...a skeleton. Put a face on those numbers, make it easier to obtain and trade, if you own a store start accepting bitcoin and trading bitcoin (bitcoin ATM). We are making steps, but I feel we have the ability to take this in stride. I would be all over this if I knew anything at all about programming, as it stands I am simply an observer and a muse  Roll Eyes  Tongue  Smiley
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:02:46 AM

it is extremely hard to obtain. absolutely. The outlets that are in place are not reliable, and its a general pain in the ass.. Ive spent countless days wasted trying to get a few btc.. I get several inquiries daily about people looking for a place to buy btc.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
cloudTc (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:12:55 AM

Exactly. Perhaps now is not the time for greed, but investment. Everyone that owns a single bitcoin stands to gain much more by making it more accessible, you guys are supposed to be the techies! And this is the best you've got? Seriously. Take this away from your moms basement and move it into the world! I've been telling everyone I know! You know what I get? Blank faces and misunderstandings. The occasional flicker of life with those that understand economics, but I lose them with the talks of algorithms and the genius behind the idea of mining. Bitcoin is a wonderful idea,  a great contribution to mankind. But unless you begin to understand just how umm...ignorant the rest of the world is, bitcoin will reach a certain amount of users and stay there. That certain number of users will be nowhere near the world population but maybe something like 10%, tops. You will see explosions of value with explosions of intelligence. Bring this down a notch, nom sayin?
cloudTc (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:30:26 AM

Thinktank thread! What can we do? What are some ways to make this happen? I like the apps like bitcoin wallet on android and others...Perhaps I should begin setting up meetings with local business owners? I should be a bitcoin ATM representative! The bitcoin ATM would be great if it dispensed cash for bitcoins as well as bitcoins for cash. Just a thought.
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 02:16:29 AM

Try https://coinbase.com/ fees are low and the turn around is pretty fast to cash out.  I have not funded the account, but I suspect that is instant.  I cashed out twice last week and I had the money in 2 business days.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:24:26 AM

Money's just really hard to move around.  I killed my PayPal account recently because fuck 'em they're not very nice people.  Ever since I did that, the only things I can buy are from Amazon and stuff, because they accept plastic.  I can't use eBay at all.  It's pretty lame.

Anyway, if someone can figure out a better PayPal that isn't anti-bitcoin, that'd be great.  Otherwise, the methods we're using now are pretty much the best they're gonna get at the moment.  None of them are bad, it's just, they've all got significant risk.  I keep hearing how this company or that company can't supply a person's BTC properly.  It's a real problem, but it's a problem with money, not bitcoin.

Also, people are fucking assholes not very nice, and keep trying to scam others for a quick buck.  That's not helping.  You really can't trust anyone, not even trusted members.  Not even the coming businesses centered around transfering money to BTC and vice versa.

Solution: time.  BTC needs to be established, and markets need to establish themselves.  Gox has been doing OK, but even they have their problems.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: