Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:52:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP is a currency, not just a stamp (screenshot inside)  (Read 1010 times)
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:14:13 AM

From https://ripple.com/bug-bounty/

Is anyone still in denial, thinking that XRPs are just worthless tokens used as digital postage stamps to send transactions?

The authors of the system think that up to 4 million XRP are a "gold mine." Hardly worthless.
alexkravets

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:19:38 AM

Surely no ethical programmer will do the hard work of finding exploits in the proprietary software published by a commercial for-profit entity, with the promise of a POSSIBLE payment of a now-worthless currency?

Alex Kravets         http://twitter.com/alexkravets
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

I think he meant a gold mine in the sense that there were lots of bugs.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:40:43 AM

LOL...

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:22:28 AM

bazinga!

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:02:15 AM

first bug/issue

the order book doesn't update unless you log completely out of ripple and log back in.

it doesnt have to be on a timer but atleast set to update if you changed the issuer or the currency type would help people get most up to date pricing when trading with bitstamp ETC.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 02:04:35 AM

first bug/issue

the order book doesn't update unless you log completely out of ripple and log back in.

it doesnt have to be on a timer but at least set to update if you changed the issuer or the currency type would help people get most up to date pricing when trading with bitstamp ETC.
There are a collection of orderbook display and update issues. We're reworking the way orders are communicated between the server and the client to resolve several of these issues.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:00:43 PM

Another bug i found lately is that my account doesnt show 1billion ripples to well, every time i login i see around 50k. A bugfix is to send some ripples my way on this address: rwZ1LnRGDxkKUEKhGu7hYhmas2sapWMEjP
Thanks   Cheesy

Btw is there Ripple stocks anywhere that i can buy some shares with btc???
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:21:20 PM

Another bug i found lately is that my account doesnt show 1billion ripples to well

I can reproduce this as well.

Btw is there Ripple stocks anywhere that i can buy some shares with btc???

If you mean "stock" in the organization / entity that produces the Ripple software, you can think of XRPs as a kind of stock, since they seem to be paying everyone with it. But it's a stock that has no legal rights and no claim on assets, or votes. How convenient.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: