Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecheap now accepts Bitcoin!  (Read 3368 times)
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:16:56 PM

This is great!  I've been using namecheap for years and was waiting to renew a few domains after hearing they were going to be accepting bitcoins soon. 

Just added $90 worth of coins a few minutes ago - seems to be working flawlessly.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 04:30:35 PM

OP, please put a link to http://www.namecheap.com in your post so that those wanting to switch over can connect from here. That will show them the large amount of traffic they are getting from switching over to Bitcoin.

I will be moving all of my domains over from godaddy and hostmonster.

I cannot access their site at work, how is their hosting service? Do they allow java and JVM? I was about to sign up for rimuhosting.com which allows this with shell access but I asked them if they supported payments with Bitcoin and they said "We do not have any plans to accept bitcoin as payment method at the moment.".

The more things that I usually pay for with $ that now accept BTC the better.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
DBordello

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 02:38:02 PM

This is great news.

I am transferring all of our domains to them now. 

How are they handling confirmations?  They appear not to accept zero-confirmation, but do they require 1, 3, 6?

Dan

www.BTCPak.com - Exchange your bitcoins for MP: Secure, Anonymous and Easy!
ivanol

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:46:14 PM

It seemed to be six when I did it yesterday. Until 6 confirmations the transfer doesn't show up at all in your account.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 06:45:52 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2013, 10:41:27 PM by bytedisorder

If anybody wants to support a domain registrar native to bitcoin, consider Bitronic Technologies! I'm creating a promotion for people looking to transfer their domains to a bitcoin domain registrar (we have been accepting bitcoin for a year already).

I'm going to beat namecheap's price too. Use the promo code 9btc to transfer or register and .com/.net./.org domain name for only 0.22BTC($9.50) vs namecheaps $9.69. Or get a free domain name with any annual hosting purchase using the promo code freedom

Support the little guy Wink

Buy/Transfer Domain Names with Bitcoin

We don't require you to credit your account, just pay at checkout using bitcoin. Also we activate the order after the first confirmation.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 05:06:57 PM

If anybody wants to support a domain registrar native to bitcoin, consider Bitronic Technologies! I'm creating a promotion for people looking to transfer their domains to a bitcoin domain registrar (we have been accepting bitcoin for a year already).

I'm going to beat namecheap's price too. Use the promo code 9btc to transfer or register and .com/.net./.org domain name for only 0.22BTC($9.50) vs namecheaps $9.69. Or get a free domain name with any annual hosting purchase using the promo code freedom

Support the little guy Wink

Buy/Transfer Domain Names with Bitcoin

We don't require you to credit your account, just pay at checkout using bitcoin. Also we activate the order after the first conformation.

Nice...and your hosting services appear to be cheaper than namecheap.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 10:40:49 PM

Indeed, we are a lean orange hosting machine!
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:44:39 PM

Namecheap through Bitpay works great! The funds aren't credited instantaneously yet, but soon enough for that purpose.

Best wishes to all BTC merchants!  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: