Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something wrong, or just me? :)  (Read 388 times)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:25:27 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Pg0f9yo.png

Okey dokey. I was supposed to recieve payment for multiple transactions 3 hours ago. My ledger wallet didn't pick anything up, so I contacted the sender. He claimed he sent all of the txes, and gave me their hashes. So I put them in on my usual blockchain explorer (blockr.io) and found it to say,

This transaction is unknown.

You might have used wrong transaction hash, or the transaction you're looking for hasn't yet propagated through the network. It can take a while for transactions to get to blockchain nodes.

Note, when transaction is first seen it can be just an unconfirmed transaction. Those transactions are not to be trusted yet, they are not part of the blockchain.
For more info check this page.

If you're sure you have the right transaction hash, you might want to refresh the page.
Er... I was starting to get a little freaked out now.

But...

No worries! Just blockr doing a coinbase. (My ledger is set to use blockr, too Smiley) Hah!

Saved an archive just for lols: http://archive.is/TXuYH

P.S. I found out when this page was last archived - 2 Years ago! Just as the btc price was dropping. Ah, the memories of $1.2k Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 12:37:27 PM

Can you provide the transactions ids? Could be many reasons for this, maybe the transaction was never created or it didn't propagate or it got dropped due to low fee or whatever, hard to say without knowing the ids, check on other block explorers and contact the sender again and explain that you can't find the transaction on the network.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:01:59 PM

Can you provide the transactions ids? Could be many reasons for this, maybe the transaction was never created or it didn't propagate or it got dropped due to low fee or whatever, hard to say without knowing the ids, check on other block explorers and contact the sender again and explain that you can't find the transaction on the network.

No, no no. None of that. It was just blockr.io had some problems connecting to the blockchain, maybe their node hadn't updated or whatever. Their "most recent" block was 9 hours before I took the screenshot. Blockchain showed me my transaction just fine. Was just taking a swing at blockr and coinbase, if you know what i'm getting at.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: