Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin (Novelty) NOLACOIN.COM - SOLD OUT! AMAZING THINGS TO COME!  (Read 9056 times)
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:55:34 PM

I received one of these 1btc coins long ago in a give away.  Sad I just missed out getting the 5btc token in the give away. I posted some pictures of the 1btc token I received, it looks great.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:11:13 PM

I don't think its necessary to make one side flat in order to make it bitcoin-loadable. I don't know how you plan on doing it, but just generate a QR code of the private key, size it accordingly, apply it so the blank side of the QR code is against the hologram and the inked side will be against the coin. The hologram should be able to handle a slight contour. Just my two cents-I don't want you to ruin one of your coins if trying to make it flat doesn't work out!

Thanks for your input. The answer for flatening the one side of the coin is sandpaper, hours of rubbing it on sandpaper. Got the idea from this: http://www.m.haly.dsl.pipex.com/UFO_Photo/lap_CPU.jpg
Though, i will have to nickel (and/or gold plate) them on that side again. The biggest problem that i found is the damn hologram-stickers.

I will sacrifice one of those coins when they come, to see how it turns out. If i fail they will be just be a nice addition to my collection Smiley
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:11:21 AM

I don't think its necessary to make one side flat in order to make it bitcoin-loadable. I don't know how you plan on doing it, but just generate a QR code of the private key, size it accordingly, apply it so the blank side of the QR code is against the hologram and the inked side will be against the coin. The hologram should be able to handle a slight contour. Just my two cents-I don't want you to ruin one of your coins if trying to make it flat doesn't work out!

Thanks for your input. The answer for flatening the one side of the coin is sandpaper, hours of rubbing it on sandpaper. Got the idea from this: http://www.m.haly.dsl.pipex.com/UFO_Photo/lap_CPU.jpg
Though, i will have to nickel (and/or gold plate) them on that side again. The biggest problem that i found is the damn hologram-stickers.

I will sacrifice one of those coins when they come, to see how it turns out. If i fail they will be just be a nice addition to my collection Smiley
What do you mean problems with the holograms?
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:36:11 AM

What do you mean problems with the holograms?

I'd guess it would be that the adhesive tends to lift plate off of the base metal.

arashd (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:39:47 AM

Running low on 5B coins! Lets clean these last coins out!
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:42:19 PM

Just purchased 5 coins of each type  Smiley

payed trough bitpay
you can pm me after you've shipped?
thanks

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
arashd (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:42:45 PM

Just purchased 5 coins of each type  Smiley

payed trough bitpay
you can pm me after you've shipped?
thanks

All order ship same day. Yours has already been packed and sent out. Enjoy!
dave00

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:49:13 AM

many thanks  Smiley

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
neil_mccauley

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:56:45 AM

Great Novelty, Payment sent for a few.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:54:06 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 05:04:16 AM by ISAWHIM

Sent a PM, please let me know if I am not late to the offer.

Making arrangements to put all my funds into one location for my offer. (A location that is acceptable for you. Tongue)

EDIT: Arrangements made, just need to hear that coins are left, and the value in (USD), for my order.

Should be all set to go in an hour or two. Banks are snail-slow on Sunday... online banks... real banks are not open. Smiley (It should be illegal to "not be open", if you are a bank. Should be a federal law, "owners of currency will have unrestricted full access to their funds, at all times. In a FDIC ensured bank."... And they wonder why people don't like using banks! Economy-fail... They dug their own grave, and bitcoin will seal it, tap new screws, super-glue it, set it under cement, drown it in the ocean, and laugh at them! Tongue)
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

Hi. I ordered some a week ago, postage to the UK and was wondering what the estimated postage time would be.

Let me know!

Dougie.

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
arashd (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:42:46 AM

Hi. I ordered some a week ago, postage to the UK and was wondering what the estimated postage time would be.

Let me know!

Dougie.

Your order shipped on 4/22 - and should take between 10 -14 days for delivery. The coins are heavy and I am not charging much for them so I ship with basic international post Wink
You should be receiving them shortly.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

All 30 coins arrived today, they look great! (As expected)

Will be ordering more on my next cash-out. The individual cases are a nice touch.
dave00

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:42:47 AM

just a lil question
how they're marked on customs declaration? what value you've given to them?
you know, i do not want bad surprises  Grin

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
arashd (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:49:34 AM

they are marked as "novelty coins" and given a value of $15 total for each package
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:54:14 PM

30 coins have been received!

Sorry for not reporting earlier but my psu on the main pc died and im in from a raspberry pi

Thank you mister!
I will update if i am able to do what i told on previous posts

EDIT: johniewalker, by the hologram problem i meant that how i could create the holograms. I have contacted casascius if he was able to help but never got a reply from him Tongue
Nvm, i found some generic ready made round stickers for the coins, will see how it goes and report back
arashd (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:14:14 AM

Well if it makes you feel more secure, if you destroy the coin and are not happy with the outcome of your experiment, I'll be happy to replace some for free Smiley
arashd (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:47:12 AM

1BTC coins are sold out. Still have 5s, and 10s,
Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:25:19 PM

I received my coins today. They are very nice.

Thanks for posting them all the way to the UK for me!  Smiley

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
dave3k

Activity: 147

Realbitcoin.info

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:04:46 AM

Just as a thought but how does the law change if instead of exchanging the coins for fiat cash, you were to exchange for digital bitcoins or bitcoin vouchers, the coins could then hold value without the mess of dealing with money.

Im sure you have looked in to many ways to make this work and you have already sold off a lot of coins however I am interested in the legal side of things.

Perhaps even exchange for the likes of amazon gift cards, profit could be made on the affiliates fee and maybee the coins be very close to the real bitcoin cost, therefore making real life usage of the coins a possibility.

I might just be over/under thinking things. Tongue

Realbitcoin.info
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: